PDA

View Full Version : Immune To Psychology Query

Jim
02-11-2011, 09:46
Hello!

Scenario is this: Treekin (who are immune to psychology) have fled from combat. In the next player turn a valid charge is declared against them.

Normally this would mean the Treekin have to Flee! but as they can't choose Flee! as a charge reaction as they are Immune To Psychology, what happens?

We played it that as they are not 'choosing' to Flee! then they follow the normal rules and Flee! automatically... was this right?

Jim

Necromancy Black
02-11-2011, 09:56
Well they only have a single action to chose from which is fleeing, as they can't hold, so I say you're doing it right and they're not choosing to flee as there isn't any alternative available.

Artinam
02-11-2011, 09:59
Correct, you automatically choose flee as per normal rules (as its your only option). Immune to Psychology does not seem to make an exception to this.

SkawtheFalconer
02-11-2011, 10:34
Agreed. I don't think, in this instance, the Treekin get a charge reaction, as such (they automatically flee), which would explain the apparent contradiction.

eron12
02-11-2011, 20:01
This came up in my last game as well with a stegadon. I think it's one of the problems with the rules because I think as worded it's a direct contradiction. We decided to play it like everyone else, and had the stegadon flee.

theunwantedbeing
02-11-2011, 20:10
This came up in my last game as well with a stegadon. I think it's one of the problems with the rules because I think as worded it's a direct contradiction. We decided to play it like everyone else, and had the stegadon flee.

The rule says they cannot choose "flee!" as a charge reaction.
Troops that are already fleeing do not get a choice so there is no contradiction.

eron12
02-11-2011, 22:11
The rule says they cannot choose "flee!" as a charge reaction.
Troops that are already fleeing do not get a choice so there is no contradiction.

Right you are. I was misreading "must declare a flee reaction," as "must choose a flee reaction."