PDA

View Full Version : Archaons Horde Army (Without Archaon that is) 2000pts

kalleballe
16-04-2006, 15:55
The Tribes Of Tze’rul, Prophet of Tzeentch(Storm of Chaos Army)

Exalted Champion; Mark of Tzeentch, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield, Gaze of the Gods. @234pts

Exalted Champion; Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapon, Shield, Crown of Everlasting Conquest. @224pts

Exalted Champion; Mark of Tzeentch, Biting Blade, Shield, Dispel Scroll, Spell Familiar. @226pts

1x19 Chaos Warriors; Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Shields, War Banner. @330pts

1x16 Chaos Warriors; Mark of Tzeentch, Full Command, Shields. @260pts

2x29 Marauders; Full Command, Light Armour & Shields. @203pts each

5x5 Warhounds of Chaos @30pts each

2x1 Dogs of War Cannons @85pts each

Casting Dice – 10st
Dispel Dice – 5st + Dispel Scroll
Nr. of Troops - 123st
Total Army Cost - 2000pts

Tactic: A no brainer really :( Snipe enemy Wizards with Cannons. Use magic to whittle down his units... and then defeat them i combat.
However should the opposition be of the shootier kind I'll go forward, using the hounds as LOS blockers, and try to use all those power dices to blow him away (hopefully anyway :)) Any thoughts are appreciated..cheers!

ROCKY
16-04-2006, 16:27
first off your first exalted is illegal. som is 20points enchanted shield is 10, and gaze is 30, so that is 60points. The general, should be on a disc, give him the golden eye of Tzeentch, and a spell familiar, another exalted should have gaze, bitingblade, and enchanted shield, and the thirs( make him an aspiring champ) should have two scrolls. take 2 units of 24marauders, 3units of warhounds, and get some screamers/furies.

kalleballe
16-04-2006, 16:58
ohh missed that on the EC. But I do not want him on a disc as i tend to meet a lot of shooting armies. And about the marauders don't they have to be 25+ to get the free Full Command or is it 24 + Character?

Thx for the reply:D

ROCKY
16-04-2006, 17:05
oh, sirry missed that! yes make them 25then. plus do not worry about him on a disc! the golden eye gives a 3+wardsave. but if you still feel uncomfortable with it then stick him with warriors, oh and try out using the MoT on some of the units (only 20points for an extra power dice). you only need 15warhouns max. and as said take one exalted down to aspiring and give the unit that he is in the MoT. you could have up to 12power dice using this tactic.
Edit: I highly recommend screamers and possibly even furies.

vcassano
16-04-2006, 17:16
Furies and/or Screamers are absolutely superb; one of the strongest units available to you by far (Excluding the Chosen knights of course :D) and are excellent at getting lone wizards, Gunlines, Skirmishers etc.

Taking one of them will also allow you to use your cannons for a more sporting purpose. I mean, do people seriously do this "sniping" malarky with them??? Totally ridiculous if you ask me... Of course if it bounces accidentally into the wizard that's a whole different matter....

ROCKY
16-04-2006, 17:25
Furies and/or Screamers are absolutely superb; one of the strongest units available to you by far (Excluding the Chosen knights of course :D) and are excellent at getting lone wizards, Gunlines, Skirmishers etc.

Taking one of them will also allow you to use your cannons for a more sporting purpose. I mean, do people seriously do this "sniping" malarky with them??? Totally ridiculous if you ask me... Of course if it bounces accidentally into the wizard that's a whole different matter....
In that case you will love my 3000point army, 5screamers, 7furies, 1xhellcannon, and 2 firewyrms of Tzeentch. KINKY!:evilgrin:
who said chaos did not have artillary?!!

vcassano
16-04-2006, 17:26
7 Furies isn't enough tbh and I can't for the life of me remember what Firewyrms' stats are but good one on the Hellcannon :). But let's get back on topic ;).

ROCKY
16-04-2006, 17:32
7 Furies isn't enough tbh and I can't for the life of me remember what Firewyrms' stats are but good one on the Hellcannon :). But let's get back on topic ;).
Firewyrms are spawns that can have S3 breath weapons for a mere 15points.

vcassano
16-04-2006, 19:58
Ah yes, silly me, I was thinking of whether they were Daemonic Cavalry :wtf: