PDA

View Full Version : necromunda territory's

athamas
16-04-2006, 17:25
ok, so im taking part in a necro campain soon and i need to chose my last territory,

so far i have mineral outcrop, old ruins, spor cave and vents..

and i was lucky enough to get a 66, so need to chose what to take....

now i have rather perverted luck with necromunda, my gang does fairly well, gets lots of experience and generally dont die... however... although they tend to survive, my gangers have a rather good habit of going out of action [the number of full recoveries rolled by yours truely was staggering!] so i tend to get an income somewhere clost to ..... ZERO!!

so what would you take?

im leaning towards another vents or tunnels, as this would be usefull, and allow me to position my gang how i want [will have van saar] and then it wont matteer how badly i roll, as ther ewill be less die to roll!

so any surgestions, gang has a good mix of combat and shooting!

Ardathair
16-04-2006, 17:57
I personally like to have atleast one settlement. A free juv every now and then doesn't hurt and a not so bad income, no randomness involved.

neXus6
16-04-2006, 17:59
If you get a collection of settlements your gang can start looking like a 40k guard army. I've seen it happen it was pretty funny.

I'd probably go for vents myself. Tunnels are good to but I like taking the high ground...that said I've not got my rulebook with me justnow to check so what does 66 actually do? :p

athamas
16-04-2006, 18:17
it lets me chose any other tertitory...

hmm 2 vents could be nasty...

neXus6
16-04-2006, 18:19
Ah, I had a feeling that's what it would be.

Yeah a pair of vents can be really nasty. :D

Tomothy
17-04-2006, 06:45
it lets me chose any other tertitory...

hmm 2 vents could be nasty...
If you do well with vents then sure, choose another.

I have never found vents to be all that useful as you don't get to use the people that travel them on the turn they come out.

I love mine workings, its my favourite territory. Closely followed by archeotech hoard.

Chem-Dog
17-04-2006, 07:40
I love mine workings, its my favourite territory.

Ditto, every single enemy you capture (and don't give away) gets sent to work the mines for you, each generates an additional 10 Creds per End of game phase. Makes you want to hire a Bounty Hunter :evilgrin:. A well manned mine working can make outlaw status seem like a holiday.

If you do do this though (fill you mine with captive gangers), I would advise getting your Arbitrator to "look after" the Captives, give them + 1exp per EoG phase or something, perhaps automatically assigning Strength stats or Muscle skills when it's appropriate or maybe allow them to escape if they aquire the Escape Artist skill. Obviously if the mine workings change hands all characters who belong to the new owning gang (if any) should be released (even if they do not rejoin their gang).

It can be fun to have these Gangers who were thought lost to suddenly re surface, probably with bitter emnity towards the gang who made a slave of him. It could make an interesting end of campaign rumble, the Mine being defended by the owners and various hirelings.

WLBjork
17-04-2006, 16:37
Valuble Territories (i.e. no ill effects as standard) then are:

Old Ruins
Slag Heap
Mineral Outcrop
Settlement
Mine Workings
Tunnels
Vents
Holestead
Water Still
Drinking Hole
Guilder Contact
Friendly Doc
Workshop
Archeotech Horde

Of those, I personally would go for one of the following:
Settlement - free juves plus best fixed income
Friendly Doc - if Gangers die, extra income from selling the bodies is useful
Guilder Contact - extra creds for loot counters shouldn't be ignored
Archeotech Horde - safest 2D6 random income, plus ability to (at a risk) gain additional income.
Edit - forgot:
Mine Workings - can increase income when you gain captives

astrocortex
17-04-2006, 18:32
Personally I would go for the Archeotech Horde. It's 2d6 x 10 credits so you're looking at an average income of 70 credits a time. That's not to be sniffed at!

athamas
17-04-2006, 22:52
damn, forget to mention i am not allowed Archeotech Horde, else thats what i would have taken!

Chem-Dog
17-04-2006, 23:10
Still, I say go with the mine workings, D6X10 creds is respectable for one territory and each captured enemy you put to work adds +1 to the D6 making it the most reliable source of income you can get, I ran an entire gang with just that territory, one ganger collecting enough to maintain the entire gang.