PDA

View Full Version : Night Scythe

Lazarian
03-11-2011, 20:45
I was going to make a mock up to represent a Night Scythe/Doom Scythe until the second wave hits and they show up so I can use everything in the book.

I was going to make a crescent shaped flyer with various gubbins on it. How wide do you all think it should be? I was thinking a total wingspan of 12"?

suggestions?

Korraz
03-11-2011, 21:52
Sounds okay. I'd orientate myself at the Valkyrie and Stormraven.

Voss
03-11-2011, 21:58
I was going to make a mock up to represent a Night Scythe/Doom Scythe until the second wave hits and they show up so I can use everything in the book.

I was going to make a crescent shaped flyer with various gubbins on it. How wide do you all think it should be? I was thinking a total wingspan of 12"?

suggestions?

A foot? Thats pretty wide. Might be alright if it doesn't have much length to it, to keep it roughly the same size as the other flyers.

Lazarian
03-11-2011, 22:04
Well its going to be essentially 12" wingspan crescent with exhaust in the back, so not really that thick in the middle. Anything smaller seems just too tiny, but I have no clue. I have lots of foam and some time on my hands so its going to be interesting in any event.

04-11-2011, 01:59
There's a Necron pilot in the picture in the codex; you could probably use that for scale...

Cheeslord
04-11-2011, 08:54
Well with AV11 all round it should probably not be that large or it will seem a bit strange when it goes down to the first missile launcher to shoot it...since it doesn't transport units but acts as a teleport beacon to teleport them in from reserve it could be pretty small...

Mark.

Oberon
04-11-2011, 16:57
Maybe about 8" wide? It's just a wing with guns and a teleport array.

RobPro
04-11-2011, 17:06
Maybe make a larger version of the necron scythe cruiser from bfg?

AlphariusOmegon20
06-11-2011, 14:19
Maybe about 8" wide? It's just a wing with guns and a teleport array.

That sounds closer to what it should be. 12" sounds too big to me.

Maybe make a larger version of the necron scythe cruiser from bfg?

The problem with that is if you upscale the BFG ships, they tend to end up 2' or more in size. The ship in question would be smaller than a Thawk in BFG scale, so you're talking smaller an inch to a half inch max in BFG size, and most likely smaller than that.

The cruiser is the wrong scale size.