PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts Mono Khorne WoC list

logan054
04-11-2011, 11:46
Well me and one of the guys are going to have a Slaanesh Vs Khorne game next week using the Tamrukhan book, before hand we have agreed I may use the DoC daemon prince instead of a normal one (mainly because I just got my hands on the forgeworld one :) ).

While I know its not completely optimal it should lead to a fun game :)

Lords

Daemon Prince (Paragon)
- dedicated to Khorne
- Armour of Khorne
- Unnatural Swiftness
- Axe of Khorne
Total 400pts

Heroes

Chaos Sorcerer
- lvl2
- Enchanted Shield
- Dispel Scroll
Total 160pts

Core

18 Chaos Warriors
- Mark of Khorne
- Additional Hand Weapons
- Fullcommand
Total 348

10 Marauder Horsemen
- Mark of Khorne
- Flails
- Musician
Total 186pts

Special

18 Chosen
- Mark of Khorne
- Great Weapons
- fullcommand
- Wailing Banner
- Favor of the Gods
Total 500pts

Rare

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
- Great Weapon
Total 285pts

2 Chaos Spawn
- Mark of Khorne
Total 150pts

Just curious what changes people think we should make to the daemon prince? play him exactly as in the DoC book, should he be stubborn?

I also haven't included any daemons as I don't believe my opponent has access to any daemons himself otherwise I would be tempted by some furies and flesh hounds :)

mo-man
04-11-2011, 13:09
why not play him as he is in the woc army book they are so much better.

logan054
04-11-2011, 13:42
I would play him as he is in the WoC book if I wanted a sorcerer, thats not what I want

Jadawin
04-11-2011, 13:52
I would be tempted to give him fly, get him stuck in early, raaaaarrrrgghh. etc.

logan054
04-11-2011, 13:56
Interesting, what would you drop in order to get it? he already has M8 so does a extra 4" movement out weigh the loss of armour or ASF?

mo-man
04-11-2011, 17:50
He get's to cause terror and not just fear. Plus some of the gifts in the book are very mean if i do remember for example the one were you get a str 4 hit for each wound u take so if things with asf cause wounds on you for example.

logan054
04-11-2011, 18:34
Have you every actually tried to make a combat based daemon prince from the WoC book? if you can come up with a decent one then I will be willing to try it! I certainly can't think of one thats even worth using, I don't mind using less competitive choices in my list but I think the Khorne WoC daemon prince is just unusable, especially in a list that will revolve around keeping him alive!

Jadawin
04-11-2011, 19:06
I would lose the ASF you're Init is high anyway. With fly it's not the movement but the freedom to charge over the top of intervening units or terrain that is intimidating for your opponent. Plus it's fluffy that a Desmond prince of khorne should descend from the sky like an angry meteor and mash everyone to a pulp.

Jadawin
04-11-2011, 19:07
Desmond prince? Stupid autocorrect ! I think you know what I meant lol.

logan054
04-11-2011, 19:09
ASF is for the rerolls to hit rather than striking first

mo-man
04-11-2011, 20:18
When I first started doing woc I use to have a Deamon Prince with Mark of Khorne, he was actually pretty good what I use to give him was Diabolic Splendour which means all fear, terror and panic were at -1. Soporific musk which mean's whenever they flee from this prince they roll an extra dice and disguard the highest. And finally Acid Ichor which means everytime I took a wound it would do a s4 hit on the opponent who caused the wound. This actually worked out quite well as he is 385 point's of pain if you include mark of khorne.

logan054
04-11-2011, 21:42
The terror bomb doesn't really provide my list with something I need, I am sure it would be a very good build (minus the acid Ichor) with a doom totem and lore of death, as I have neither of these in my list and with the buff to BSB's since 7th I don't really see it as a very viable build. I wouldn't even consider it a particularly fluffy choice either, thats not even taking into account I am playing against a Slaanesh player (as stated in my first post). I don't see the issue really, if me and my opponent have agreed I can use a DoC daemon prince because we both agree you can't make a particularly Khorne themed daemon prince what is the issue?

I could easily make a chaos lord who could do the same job better but I have decided I want to use something else to make things interesting.

mo-man
04-11-2011, 21:45
You said you wanted to know how to make a Khorne Deamon prince so I showed you my one.

logan054
04-11-2011, 22:02
But thats not really a khorne daemon prince, its just a generic daemon prince, you originally said they are better and I am not seeing it, khorne daemon prince = a combat character, not a boogeyman

mo-man
04-11-2011, 22:03
it did have the mark of khorne apart from that how else can you make it a khorne deamon prince

logan054
04-11-2011, 22:05
Thats why I'm using a DoC daemon prince! you can't make a proper Khorne daemon prince with the current book, its shame considering you could back in 6th with the HoC book.

thesheriff
06-11-2011, 10:33
Thats why I'm using a DoC daemon prince! you can't make a proper Khorne daemon prince with the current book, its shame considering you could back in 6th with the HoC book.

You can make one. He just gave you his build.

There is a difference between top notch builds and actually being able to throw something together with a reasonable success rate.

No, it's not as good as the daemon one. Bit that doesn't mean you can't make a half decent one.

thesheriff

logan054
06-11-2011, 13:16
You can make one. He just gave you his build.

There is a difference between top notch builds and actually being able to throw something together with a reasonable success rate.

This is actually what I said

Have you every actually tried to make a combat based daemon prince from the WoC book? if you can come up with a decent one then I will be willing to try it! I certainly can't think of one thats even worth using, I don't mind using less competitive choices in my list but I think the Khorne WoC daemon prince is just unusable, especially in a list that will revolve around keeping him alive!

A terror bomb is not a combat based daemon but a psychology based daemon, I could make a Chaos lord with MoK and a wizards hat, that clearly would not represent a Chaos lord of Khorne, so no he did not make the daemon prince I asked him to make, he made a generic on with the MoK, you cannot make a proper Khorne daemon prince with the rules presented in the WoC book. As it stands with the rules presented I would be able to make a far better and more powerful chaos lord, I have chosen not to and asked my opponents permission to do so, which is a weaker option for the army.

I am also using the Tamurkhan rules for mixing with a very minor change, a minor change which is actually to my opponents advantage, it is hardly as if the list is optimal, Chosen with MoK rather than, great weapons instead of halberds and no warshrine, chaos warriors with additional hand weapons over halberds, a shaggoth over a hellcannon and marauder horsemen over a marauder with great weapon horde, I could see people issues if I was asking to use a Bloodthirster over a chaos lord but I am not.