PDA

View Full Version : Old Necron Pariahs - Uses?

boogle
04-11-2011, 12:52
Seeing as Pariahs have now been taken out of the Codex, where are those people that did take them in the last book going to use them now, are they going to be part of the court (Lords) or do they suit a stripped down Lychguard look?

Discuss...

Benigno (WE)
04-11-2011, 12:54
I think they can be nice Lychguard models, or Court Lords, yeah. Anything with a Warschyte will do.

3 0f 6
04-11-2011, 12:57
They would probably hurt if you threw them at an intruder?

Use them as count's as for the models that are allowed warsythes, but modify them?

Korraz
04-11-2011, 13:01
There are still people that own pariahs? I thought we all threw them at the designers, back in '06...

I'd use them as characters or Lychguard.

decker_cky
04-11-2011, 13:22
I think I'll modify my warscythes and use them as Cryoteks.

Spider-pope
04-11-2011, 13:32
Lychguards appear to have been specifically designed to serve as replacement uses for Pariahs. And to be honest i prefer the look of the Pariahs compared to the new plastics.

Rated_lexxx
04-11-2011, 16:27
to bad they don't use them anymore because they were kinda cool figs

Sandlemad
04-11-2011, 16:50
Lychguards appear to have been specifically designed to serve as replacement uses for Pariahs. And to be honest i prefer the look of the Pariahs compared to the new plastics.

I always thought they looked like this dudebro: http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Krang-Halloween-Costume-Coolest-Talking-Costume-Ever..jpg

All the ornamentation on the new Overlord models and even the Lychguard and Praetorians makes the old Lord models look a bit plain. If the members of your Royal Court are going to be less decorated, might as well make them have a cohesive look, as though they're one unit, like the Pariahs do.

Spider-pope
04-11-2011, 16:59
I always thought they looked like this dudebro: http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Krang-Halloween-Costume-Coolest-Talking-Costume-Ever..jpg

All the ornamentation on the new Overlord models and even the Lychguard and Praetorians makes the old Lord models look a bit plain. If the members of your Royal Court are going to be less decorated, might as well make them have a cohesive look, as though they're one unit, like the Pariahs do.

It rather depends on ones tastes really. I find the new blingNecrons rather tacky and the overly egyptian motifs pretty tiresome. Compared to the old Lords* the new ones just dont appeal to me at all.

The Deathmarks are much more my taste though, they're the highlight of the new range for me. If i had the cash i'd collect an Necron army that used their heads exclusively.

*but they do look better than the Old old Necron Lord.

Axel
04-11-2011, 17:39
The Deathmarks are much more my taste though, they're the highlight of the new range for me. If i had the cash i'd collect an Necron army that used their heads exclusively.

With every Immortal that is build a Deathmark head will become available - perhaps you will manage to get there with some patience and eBay...