PDA

View Full Version : 'Reputation' WTF?

Prince_Tyrion
03-06-2005, 16:30
This has probably been asked before, but since there seem to be no stickies, and we have no FAQ's or FC anymore, I am inclined to ask what the hell's going on with 'reputation', I am aware of such systems, but it's also the fact I haven't noticed anyone with different reputation...

I've been away too long...

Asher
03-06-2005, 16:35
The FAQ is still around. Look here General Forum Usage (http://www.portent.net/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_board_usage).

alterion
03-06-2005, 16:37
umm read the faq? it DOES EXIST.. maybe the fact it is at the to of EVERY PAGE made it a bit to hard for you to find.. ahh well.. 1)take your mouse and postion it over you avatar in the above post..
2) move your cursor upwards until it is hovering above the words "usercp"...
3)move it SLOWLY to the left and click on the words FAQ
4)You wil now get a big scary box with the words serach the faq in it.. type th word reputation in to this box and cick the button saying serach faq.. you will now be presented with the following tome :
What is Reputation?
It's a new feature we are currently testing. It's meant to thank a user for a great post/thread he created.

At the end of a post (on the left side) there's a little scales symbol. If you click on it, a little window will pop up where you can leave a note & approve the user's post. (Note that only mods and admins have the power to decrease a user's reputation level.)

Depending on your own reputation level/power the reputation level of the post creator will increase or stay put. The higher your own reputation power, the more will your rating affect the reputation score of another user.

Reputation itself is displayed as a green bar right underneath a users profile information next to a post. It's part of a user's profile too. It starts at 10 points.

To take a look at the comments/notes you got, open your User CP. The notes are listed on the first page there together with a dark or shining reputation symbol.

A dark symbol means that you reputation level didn't change (or was lowered in case it was given my a mod/admin), a shining symbol means that someone added to your reputation level.

Please remember that stuff like flaming and bad behaviour (as in breaking the forum rules) asks for reporting a post, not giving a bad reputation.

The reputation system isn't meant to replace the report button (see: Reporting a post). Contrary to reporting, the admins/mods do not get a notification if someone adds a reputation to a post.

See wasn't that hard was it.. glad to be of service :)

Prince_Tyrion
03-06-2005, 16:41
umm read the faq? it DOES EXIST.. maybe the fact it is at the to of EVERY PAGE made it a bit to hard for you to find.. ahh well..

Sorry, ya see, back when I was a regular, the layout was different, and I still don't pay attention to that red bar going across the top of the page, I like 'Fax and co to write humourous FAQ's :p

tzeentchgiant
03-06-2005, 16:57
@ Alterion, that was the best sarcastic post/teaching ever, here have a rep point

TG

alterion
03-06-2005, 16:59
as i said before.. glad to be of service :D

Prince_Tyrion
03-06-2005, 17:05
as i said before.. glad to be of service :D

You could of saved yourself the time and simply put 'top of the page mate' though.