PDA

View Full Version : chapter approved limitations?

Da Reddaneks
17-04-2006, 00:47
As most of us know, chapter approved has gone the way of the Dodo for the foreseeable future. In the GW white dwarf site they say that they are going to give us something that will explain, as I understood it, which chapter approved articles may still be used. I have looked through the site and didnít find anything else on the subject.

Have any clarifications been released limiting chapter approved articles?

Chaos and Evil
17-04-2006, 02:01
It'll probably be like White Dwarf's previous abdication of responsibility edict: All chapter approved are now unofficial, only army books are official, White Dwarf is now a picture book, have a nice day!

frod
17-04-2006, 10:48
Yep, things have got so bad on the GW forum for WD that the moderators have seemingly run for cover, there's been no moderation in about the last 10 days, in fact it's never been buisier in the WD forum the trouble is almost all the posts are complaints !

One Moderator posted a reply to the effect that as of next issue WD will have a subtitle of minatures catalogue (or something like that) I can't give an exact quote because his was one of 140+ replies that the Moderators deleted before locking the thread.

Oh and while I'm ranting on a GW moderator has said in the Game Development forum as far as he's aware the developers never look at the forum, which begs the question "What's the point ?"

Lastie
17-04-2006, 11:15
'What's the point?' indeed. <sigh>

gathering_darkness
17-04-2006, 12:19
GW has it's collective head stuck in the sand, as far as the company seems aware they are still performing on top, and giving people exactly what they want.

back on topic, its a real shame about chapter approved, though since most of the games i play are friendly ones within a group of regular opponents i doubt it will be a real problem for me as we've always seen CA as optional.