PDA

View Full Version : Bladewind Question

Shadowsinner
08-11-2011, 02:41
I have a lvl 2 in combat with an enemy unit. Can she cast Bladewind on said unit? Though it does not specify that it may or may not be cast in combat, since the attacks are "close combat" based attacks, does this warrent that it can be used in HtH?

theunwantedbeing
08-11-2011, 13:19
Use shadow magic instead, it's better.

It doesn't say it can be cast into combat, therefore it cannot.

Although you can argue that because it's an older spell that doesn't follow the 8th ed casting restrictions, it can be cast into combat because it doesn't say it can't be.

a18no
08-11-2011, 18:04

It doesn't say it can be cast into combat, therefore it cannot.

Although you can argue that because it's an older spell that doesn't follow the 8th ed casting restrictions, it can be cast into combat because it doesn't say it can't be.

And we are talking about a spell that do "close combat attack". Like I've said in the dark elf topic, we play it like that. Someone could argue that by the FAQ, you follow the retriction written on the spell description, and since the spell prevent nothing, everything is allowed... I won't rule it like that though, but since bladewind is close combat attack, we can say that it is allowed for that specific spell.

Zoolander
09-11-2011, 10:11

I do not agree with your opinion. I quite like Dark Magic. It's more versatile than Shadow and has WAY lower casting values. It's an awesome lore.

Cheers! :p

Oh, and no, Blade Wind cannot be cast into combat. Even 7th ed spells would typically state "can be cast into combat". Word of Pain is a good example. Then again, Black Horror contradicts that completely. :p