PDA

View Full Version : The Cadian snap fit models...

Aeron
08-11-2011, 14:03
Just a quick question, are the Cadian snap fit models one top half and one lower half or are they the back and front of the model?

I've read they are in two parts but which two parts :confused:

Cheers for the replies folks. :)

Nate.

Gertjan
08-11-2011, 14:05
It's the model, and the gun which slots onto the main body, that's all there is to it. They are a steal too, considerably so if you plan on building large platoons, one or two boxes of the multi pose ones for special weapons and sergeants and load out the rets with the snap fit ones. Saves quite a bit of money.

tu33y
08-11-2011, 14:07
they make my soul cry with their ugliness.

but yes, they are the legs torso and head, with the right shoulder and rifle being on the second part, fixing with a peg through the chest.

Gertjan
08-11-2011, 14:10
Meh, never really cared for their ugly looks to much. If you have enough guardsmen on the board you tend not to see individual models that well anymore, just "that big blob of bodies" :D especially if you mix it up a bit.

tu33y
08-11-2011, 14:15
whaaaaaaaaat??????? you mean yours don't have individual names??????

erm... i think there might be something wrong with me...

Aeron
08-11-2011, 14:28
:D
It's the model, and the gun which slots onto the main body, that's all there is to it. They are a steal too, considerably so if you plan on building large platoons, one or two boxes of the multi pose ones for special weapons and sergeants and load out the rets with the snap fit ones. Saves quite a bit of money.

Oh,....ah well not to worry they are a means to an end ;)

Meh, never really cared for their ugly looks to much. If you have enough guardsmen on the board you tend not to see individual models that well anymore, just "that big blob of bodies" :D especially if you mix it up a bit.

WIN boyo! For a second I thought you said big blob of boobies....:eek:

they make my soul cry with their ugliness.

Why :confused: I know it was tongue in cheek but I can barely tell the difference between the models on the GW website nevermind from 3ft away on the table. Apart from sergeants and prehaps the vox casters most of the cadian infantry models are not particularly dynamic to start with! (imo of course)

Many thanks

Nate.

tu33y
08-11-2011, 15:06
for me, and this is just my opionion, making and posing the models is the main, cool thing... its the making that inspires me, just like the painting inspires others, or for some its the tactics... i suppose i just hate the two part push fit "my fist mini" feel to it. but yeas, painted in a blob sqaud they would look just like any other!

Chiron
08-11-2011, 18:15
While I understand the appeal of posing and making the work that needs to go into making the Cadians nice is considerable... such ugly ugly heads... and those shoulder pads... urgh...

Grand_Marshal_Kazan
08-11-2011, 18:42
The boxes for the snap fit models don't always show the models you get inside. The pictures on the Vampire Counts set are of the the multi-part models (and even the website shows the multi-part ones).

ColShaw
08-11-2011, 18:55
The boxes for the snap fit models don't always show the models you get inside. The pictures on the Vampire Counts set are of the the multi-part models (and even the website shows the multi-part ones).

Wow... just wow. That is really, really shady.