PDA

View Full Version : Killer vc general

mo-man
08-11-2011, 14:24
I was just curious as to a really good killing machine for vampire count's. Usually I take Vlad but I was wondering is there any other combinations that you think might work well.
So far I have come up with:

Vampire lord,
Zombie Dragon, Flayed Haubark, sword of might, red Fury and Talisman of Endurance. That mean's my vampire lord has str 6 with a 2+ armour save and 5++ ward save. And every wound he causes he get's an extra attack while riding a zombie dragon.

Dreadlordpaul
08-11-2011, 14:44
If you really want to be mean for a combat lord go Vampire lord red fury dread knight infinate hatred sword of blood shed and crown of the damned. thats 8 attacks at strength 5 which you get to re roll every roll to hit with and then for each wound you cause you get another attack. Plus you can put this guy with some Bloodknights and make a unit which is pretty much a death star :D

Morax
08-11-2011, 17:18
If you really want to be mean for a combat lord go Vampire lord red fury dread knight infinate hatred sword of blood shed and crown of the damned. thats 8 attacks at strength 5 which you get to re roll every roll to hit with and then for each wound you cause you get another attack. Plus you can put this guy with some Bloodknights and make a unit which is pretty much a death star :D

7 attacks as the Vamp Lord only has 4 base.

A back up Forbidden lore (beasts) vamp is a nice addition to that if you are just looking for the ultimate killer. Savage Beast on that guy makes him WS7 (Hatred) Str 8 attacks 10 with red fury. Not a bad way to kill off a unit that is being a pest.

Dreadlordpaul
09-11-2011, 13:46
Ah yes I forgot that I thought he had frenzy for some reason. and then yeah with the extra 3 attacks from savage beast means potentially he can kill 20 T3 infantry and thats not before the rest of the unit even attacks. All of a sudden him in a blood knight unit looks really mean

How about:

Ogre Blade
Cadaverous Cuirass
Talisman Of Preservation
Red Fury
Infinite Hatred
Dread Knight

Good offense and defense. Str7 with rerolls and extra attacks, plus 2+armour and 4+ward (without Stupidity). Also immune to Killing Blow and Poisoned attacks, which I value greatly.

thesheriff
09-11-2011, 21:11
Vampire Lord

Red Fury
Infinite hatred
Sword of Swift Striking
Dawnstone
Flayed haeuberk

.....And a vampire nearby with Fobidden Lore (Beasts) for +3S/A or +3T

thesheriff

Lebowski
09-11-2011, 23:15
My personal fav

RF/Lore of Beasts
FH/3 Attack sword

Its cheap (for VC) but if you get pissed, just transform into a monster with redfury to boot!

Askari
10-11-2011, 13:54
Vampire Lord

Red Fury, Forbidden Lore Beasts
Level 3
Sword of Strife, Crown of the Damned, Flayed Hauberk.

440 points.

Entire purpose is to cast Savage Beast of Horros on yourself. 9 Attacks at Strength 8? Yes please... wait, what, every kill gets me another attack too?! WHOA!
He's also pretty hard, at T5 with 2+/4++ and can easily boost himself to T6.

Alternatively, in a real army, I'd take another spellcaster with Forbidden Lore Beasts, and give this guy Master of the Black Arts instead.