PDA

View Full Version : First attempt at 1500 OnG All comers list

tanglethorn
09-11-2011, 22:03
Ive decided to get back into Warhammer after reading about the 8th edition ruleset.

I really wanted to capture the classic OnG feel so I included all the models that I feel make a true class OnG army, you know Orcs, Gobbos, Trolls, Squiqs, etc... After doing some reseach on which units are the most effective I came up with the below list.

What do you think?

1 Orc Warboss, 153 pts Hand Weapon; Shield, Armour of Fortune

1 Orc Great Shaman Lvl 3, 165 pts

1 Orc Big Boss (Battle Standard Bearer), 127 pts Hand Weapon; Shield; Battle Standard Bearer, Talisman of Preservation

5 Goblin Wolf Riders, 65 pts Musician Mus; Spear;

25 Orc Big'Uns, 245 pts Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Hand Weapon; Additional Hand Weapon

20 Orc Arrer Boyz, 140 pts Hand Weapon; Bow;

40 Night Goblins, 210 pts Musician Mus; Standard Bearer Std; Nets; Spear; Shield;
1 Fanatics

15 Night Goblin Squig Herd, 135 pts
5 Night Goblins

3 River Trolls, 135 pts

1 Snotling Pump Wagon, 45 pts

1 Goblin Doom Diver Catapult, 80 pts

chilledenuff
10-11-2011, 08:33
Works for me, I'd be tempted to swap the arrer boyz for 2 units of 10 instead of 1 unit of 20. With the choppa special rule they can be a nice detachment for your big unz (it's not just empire who can support units after all, just empire who get spangly rules for them))

AM1640
10-11-2011, 19:28
Definately looks like a classic OnG list.
Try out each unit to see what works for you. For larger games you will probably find that you need bigger size units (30 or 40 orcs and 50 to 70 night goblins).
Does having 15 squigs and only 5 night goblins meet the minimum amount of goblins required?
Where do you plan on putting your orc great shamen? He seems to be lacking protection of anykind. I suppose you could bunker him in the arrer boyz unit

tanglethorn
10-11-2011, 20:17
Try out each unit to see what works for you. For larger games you will probably find that you need bigger size units (30 or 40 orcs and 50 to 70 night goblins).
Does having 15 squigs and only 5 night goblins meet the minimum amount of goblins required?
Where do you plan on putting your orc great shamen? He seems to be lacking protection of anykind. I suppose you could bunker him in the arrer boyz unit

Thats a good question about the Shaman. Where do players tend to hide them these days?

Avian
10-11-2011, 20:45
In Black Orcs, though a friend of mine has him in a Troll unit and claims that generally works fine (if facing cannons, you obviously put him elsewhere).

Oogie boogie boss
11-11-2011, 08:28
I'd ditch the Arrer Boys and bulk up the other Orc unit. Or just take a level 2 Shaman and use the points to get more Orcs. Other than that, it's a good, well rounded list.

Akusho6
11-11-2011, 20:42

I believe that the minimum of N. Gobbo to Squig ratio in the herds is at least 1 handler for every 3 squigs.

calnen
12-11-2011, 12:24
I believe that the minimum of N. Gobbo to Squig ratio in the herds is at least 1 handler for every 3 squigs.

Yep. I think you can actually get away with taking just 5 night goblins as a 'gobbo dart' - a squig herd who have lost their squigs. Very cheeky though.

Avian
12-11-2011, 17:38
Unit size is 10+ and at that point, it's nothing outstanding - for a handful extra points you can get considerably better units.

tanglethorn
14-11-2011, 14:34
Unit size is 10+ and at that point, it's nothing outstanding - for a handful extra points you can get considerably better units.

Would you suggest another unit of River Trolls instead? (No tthat I mind, because the models are really cool)

Thanks.

Avian
14-11-2011, 21:15
I'd consider doubling the size of the Troll unit rather than taking units of three, which I think are a bit small for a combat unit and a bit big for a support unit.