PDA

View Full Version : DE Wyches

Cadian 21st
17-04-2006, 08:19
Hey I have a small DE army and I was thinking of adding some wyches..... except I hate how they look. I was wondering if you guys could give any suggestions as to other models I could convert or parts I could use to make the wyches more tolerable. Also if your suggesting models try to make them scantily clad models as the wyches have 6+ save.

Thanks!

asparagus
17-04-2006, 08:30
What about Dark Elf Witch Elves? With a little conversion they will look cool as whyches (... it's often done by DE players, so it wouldn't be "innovative", but ...).

Cadian 21st
17-04-2006, 08:33
I was just checking the games workshop website and I came across those guys but still they reminded me of DE wyches which I really don't like. I kind of think I can do something with those flagellants though....

Hortwerth
17-04-2006, 08:43
You have strange expectations for your Wyches look... Flagellants? I get you mean 40k ones, not WFB. Now that would be weird...

russian
17-04-2006, 09:07
i used deamonettes for my wytches

starlight
17-04-2006, 09:24
I've got some Mandrakes, Witches, Wyches, other random Dark Elf/Eldar models mixed in with my Wyches for variety.:D

But then I'm using them as Harlequins, so :p.

:D

Cheatah
17-04-2006, 09:54
how about sisters repentia? (witch hunters)

ArtificerArmour
17-04-2006, 11:03
the repentia look good as wyches, but get rid to the chainswords though.

impending slaughter
17-04-2006, 11:09
I'm not too sure of the scale difference but aren't repentia more bulky than wyches?

I agree with russian, go with converted daemonettes

ArtificerArmour
17-04-2006, 11:11
Well, he's not mixing and matching them with wyches so thats not really a proplem.

impending slaughter
17-04-2006, 11:16
ah good point. I guess with a unifying colour scheme it probably wouldn't matter too much anyway. It would be interesting to see then, I don't think I've ever seen repentia used for wyches

Loricatus
17-04-2006, 17:57
In my DE Wych Cult army, I am using Dark Elf Witches, Mordheim Amazons, Death Cult Assassins (note: since there are only two models, you need to do weapon swaps... recommended only for small wych units) and Eldar Howling Banshees (lots of spiky bits recommended).

Additionally, you could also try Necromunda gangers. I have 20 Eschers lying around, which are normally used as zealots for my Witch Hunters.

Bear in mind that wyches are gladiators, so who says that they couldn't have been captured, brainwashed and forced to fight?

Cadian 21st
17-04-2006, 19:12
- What I suggested to my brother (the DE player) was that he use the Arco Flagellents rather then Witch Elves or Wyches. By tossing on some different weapons and adding some sort of tiki-mask dealie like that Voodoo Strigoi VC army that was floating around, he could pass the Arco's off as warped DE's quite nicely. The reason that I personally perfer that method to others is:

-- Witch Elves are too static and their weapons and garb don't work well with the DE's. The flagellents look more like "gladiators" in the enslaved, tortured style.

-- There's no way at all to work with the Daemonettes' weapons to mimic "Wych-weapons", and the models themselves are too..."look at me, I'm beautiful", rather the gritty, otherworldy look my bro seems to be going for.

-- The weapons and armouron the Wyches and Mandrakes is, well, not at all that intimidating. Additionally, the models are too static to work with.

-- The Sister Repentia work well, but you have to remove the Evicerators. I can imagine them looking good as well, I just wonder if he's up to all the work.

-- The Arcos work well because their weapons are terrifying, they fit the 40k world (what with all those wires and dealies) and require the least amount of work to achieve one of the best looks. I'm probably forcing my views on him too much...anyways, that's where I was coming from with the suggestion of Arco Flagellents.

@ Impeding, the Wyches are actually bulkier then the Sisters.

- As a last point, Dark Eldar Wyches aren't all female, so why confine yourself to only female models? We were even noticing the Wardancers (except their weapons are too bulky) as possibilities.

calicojack
17-04-2006, 19:27
Might recommend using the old ["archive"] Harlequin models for an excellent Wytch Eldar force.

damz451
17-04-2006, 20:16
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/7799/dsc000412qe.jpg

that is what i use for wyches in my army

Cadian 21st
18-04-2006, 00:42
Damz451- I like the howling Banshees but I would like to some how represent the wych weapons they use.

calicojack - Could you post an image for me? I can't seem to find them

impending slaughter
18-04-2006, 10:28
calicojack - Could you post an image for me? I can't seem to find them

I think this is what hes talking about http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=List_Models&code=301168&orignav=10

starlight
18-04-2006, 10:58
*If* you have a mint to spend.:(

Personally, I'm waiting to see what comes with the new Eldar Codex before I buy any models for my DEWC/Harlequins. I'm sure that there will be some shiny bits for me.:D I'll also be dumping the assorted pointy eared bitz I've managed to accumulate over the years.:rolleyes:

Loricatus
18-04-2006, 17:21
@Cadian: I was going for an all-female army, hence all my wyches are represented by female models.

As for the howling banshees: Link (http://war.loricatus.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5&pos=7) (click the pic for a larger version)

It's hard to make out in the picture, but the succubus is using a two-handed weapon (punisher), made from a Dark Elf sword and a pike (zombie sprue?). The hand weapons are all simple swaps, so you could easily add wych weapon lookalikes (trident, shardknife, etc.)

giner
18-04-2006, 21:28
I'd be tempted to use wardancers.