PDA

View Full Version : mat ward defence legue-where?

gutsmaka
10-11-2011, 09:51
after the new necron codex I wan to join the ward defence legue!:D
Iv'e seen it on some peoples signitures, only I cant remember who's! can anyone help!?

Max Jet
10-11-2011, 10:16
Hold yer horses zealous aspirant, for there are things you must know before entering the holy circle of Mat Ward defendists.

Many venturous Scholars have tried to enter the inmost circle, including myself, yet we all failed to pass the judgement of the highest council.

It shall be written and done, that any aspirant muss pass a series of demanding, cruel and rigorous ordeals.

First, ye have to abandon all and every sense for taste of fictional writings, for it is naught in the holy circle of Mat Ward defendists.

Second, it is necessary for you to enter the tournament of doom, where you have to win not less than 666 games in Fantasy 7th edition against a Daemon army with an army of your choice. IN A ROW!

Third, you have to forget everything and all you know about the carefully collected works of the misleading Warhammer 40k fiction. Every bit, especially everything canonical for it was the devils work to seduce you into a rich and multifaceted universe of your fantasy to feel comfortable. Empty your mind for all you have been told is a lie.

Fourth, you shall learn and recite every single one of the 1007 chants of Space Marine supremacy of wich the 998 Ultramarine supremacy chants are the most difficult yet most important to learn. While learning these most holy words you will have to dine with your Space Marine miniatures, you will have to sleep with your space marine miniatures, you will have to take them out to the cinema, introduce them to your familiy, one by one by their name. Remember that they are only allowed to be painted in the secret 3 colours.
Plastic grey
Colour changer
Ultramarine blue

Only if you prevail you shall be a member of the secret circle. Hear my words and prepare both body and soul. Learn from my mistakes and my failure to do so and proseperousness shall be yours.

paddyalexander
10-11-2011, 10:30
The new Necron "fluff" (for it does not deserve to be called background material) makes me cry inside. They took the amazing background of the 3rd ED Codex and removed every ounce of style, the way the book was writen entirerly from the perspective of the survivours of encounters with the Necrons, all of whom were terrified by their experience.

Now we have an e-mail being sent by Necron Lords to Inquisitors thanking them for adding to their art collections... really?

Also if this new "fluff" is now canon are all copies of Black Library books that featured Necrons to be rounded up and destroyed, including a Horus Hersay book & several Ciaphas Cain.

MOMUS
10-11-2011, 10:33
I thought the quickest way to join was to be born in or save the life of a 'defender'.

gutsmaka
10-11-2011, 10:43
firstly, alright, I will even say that the Grey knights are... that they are...an extremly balenced and well writen army!!, there I said it

secondly, I dont think I can as I ony have 500p of tomb kings and thats using the old army book, so I dont think I can even play let alone win...

thirdly, ok, done. I've only being playing 40k for 5 years so I dont know half the stuff veterans sy was better in the good old days untill I read it in 40kwiki, so thats easy

and fourthly, ulp, I only have 3 old marines from painting lessons and one sternguard that I won in a competition and turned into a statue objective, er does this count?

but seriously I want to join! I want to stand up for ward on the front line in places like warseer! I will teach them to respect him and his fluff/rules! because I think there good! (lately!) and I want to prove people wrong who think he should be fired! (which really is just stupid, he's not that bad and they want to kick him out onto the streets beacause they dont like his stories. thats just...wrong)

gutsmaka
10-11-2011, 10:47
Second, it is necessary for you to enter the tournament of doom, where you have to win not less than 666 games in Fantasy 7th edition against a Daemon army with an army of your choice. IN A ROW!

actually, army of choice... I PICK ULTRAMARINES, HAHAHAHA!!!!

Meriwether
10-11-2011, 10:52
Hold yer horses zealous aspirant, for there are things you must know before entering the holy circle of Mat Ward defendists.

Many venturous Scholars have tried to enter the inmost circle, including myself, yet we all failed to pass the judgement of the highest council.

It shall be written and done, that any aspirant muss pass a series of demanding, cruel and rigorous ordeals.

The test is simpler than that, and it's multiple choice.

1. Be ye or be ye not a tool?
2. Do ye or do ye not take your Warhamstering to be serious bizness?
3. Do ye or do ye not condone the wearing of pants?

Answer ye these questions three, and your suitability we shall see... :shifty:

gutsmaka
10-11-2011, 10:53
The new Necron "fluff" (for it does not deserve to be called background material) makes me cry inside. They took the amazing background of the 3rd ED Codex and removed every ounce of style, the way the book was writen entirerly from the perspective of the survivours of encounters with the Necrons, all of whom were terrified by their experience.

Now we have an e-mail being sent by Necron Lords to Inquisitors thanking them for adding to their art collections... really?

Also if this new "fluff" is now canon are all copies of Black Library books that featured Necrons to be rounded up and destroyed, including a Horus Hersay book & several Ciaphas Cain.

It's written diferently yes, but it's still good stuff, the pict message I thuoght was hilarious and one of the best parts, along with the pirate king awakening and not relising that humans are intelligent:) and with the black library books, all those necrons havent woken up properly yet, so function withlimited ledership and resourses, therefore the lords arn't high enough to have proper inteligence.
and fall of Damnos practically uses the new fluff, so I don't see why that needs to be changed:confused:

gutsmaka
10-11-2011, 10:58
The test is simpler than that, and it's multiple choice.

1. Be ye or be ye not a tool?
2. Do ye or do ye not take your Warhamstering to be serious bizness?
3. Do ye or do ye not condone the wearing of pants?

Answer ye these questions three, and your suitability we shall see... :shifty:

1. I'm not a tool.. at leat the kind of tool I think you mean (not the shed tool:shifty:)
2. I play mostly because I like the background and the game, I don't really play competitivly (entered the only two tournies I've ever been to with old necrons only because I knew no-one else would. got smashed horribly but it was still fun!)
3. um... yes, yes I do wear pants:wtf:
do I pass!? do I get to use mat ward facts in my signiture?!:)

EDIT:ah, I think I need to be premium to join, I cant use your link:(

BigbyWolf
10-11-2011, 11:11
Unfortunately, yes, to avoid flame wars, etc, the Mat Ward Defence League is located in the Chaos Wastes (along with other fun stuff), which is part of the "Guildership package".

At this point there are 94 separate "Mat Ward Facts", and one theme song.

sycopat
10-11-2011, 12:45
Actually that's a bit of a point, so I apologise, but I'm hijacking the thread a bit. I had some spare credit on a prepaid credit card a while back and as I spend a lot of time lurking here I fancied guilding up, but since only the forums and galleries are currently operational I couldn't find out how to do so (Searching just got me a load of pages I didn't want to invest hours combing through). So I used it to increase my Humble Bundle spend instead.

Is there a post somewhere with details of how to join the guild? It's coming up to Xmas so I'll have to get another card again soon.

DarthSte
10-11-2011, 12:57
3. um... yes, yes I do wear pants:wtf:
do I pass!? do I get to use mat ward facts in my signiture?!:)

Sadly, you appear to have fallen at the last jump. :(

BigbyWolf
10-11-2011, 13:48
Actually that's a bit of a point, so I apologise, but I'm hijacking the thread a bit. I had some spare credit on a prepaid credit card a while back and as I spend a lot of time lurking here I fancied guilding up, but since only the forums and galleries are currently operational I couldn't find out how to do so (Searching just got me a load of pages I didn't want to invest hours combing through). So I used it to increase my Humble Bundle spend instead.

Is there a post somewhere with details of how to join the guild? It's coming up to Xmas so I'll have to get another card again soon.

There's a link in the FAQ...

EDIT: Here ya go! (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_guild#faq_subscribing)

chamelion 6
10-11-2011, 14:05
after the new necron codex I wan to join the ward defence legue!:D
Iv'e seen it on some peoples signitures, only I cant remember who's! can anyone help!?

It's less of a league and more of a collective. All ya gotta do is stand up to the hordes and take the abuse that's gonna be tossed your way. There are many that claim to be, but few that actually stay the course. It's not so much the act of joining as it is the willing participation in the active defence. If you think you're up to the task, welcome! ;)

amijp
10-11-2011, 14:46
Sadly, you appear to have fallen at the last jump. :(

I believe the correct answer is; 'yeah, I wear pants, but would be more than willing to drop them around my ankles if it were to guarantee my admission into the guild'...?

Seriously though, now irony or sarcasm aren't lost on me, but they can be hard to deliver over the 'net, so what I want to know is, is the 'defence guild' serious in it's defence of Mat Ward, or are you guys just taking the michael?

BigbyWolf
10-11-2011, 15:20
I believe the correct answer is; 'yeah, I wear pants, but would be more than willing to drop them around my ankles if it were to guarantee my admission into the guild'...?

Seriously though, now irony or sarcasm aren't lost on me, but they can be hard to deliver over the 'net, so what I want to know is, is the 'defence guild' serious in it's defence of Mat Ward, or are you guys just taking the michael?

Serious in the defence in that it was set-up to mainly combat the OTT attacks against him (which at one point had got to a very nasty level- We approve of constructive criticism, but what's the point in getting personal?), it's really about encouraging people to just relax, and accept that it's just a game. That's why the majority of the "facts" are just pointless rambling, like the one in my sig...

EDIT: And in The Wastes, the wearing of pants in frowned upon, it isn't a pre-requisite of guilding-up, but if you admit to wearing them you may get referred to as a "pants-wearer", and not be considered a true member until you admit to removing them. :shifty:

Lord Malorne
10-11-2011, 19:49

That's something only being a Guilder in the Chaos Wastes can know.

Lothlanathorian
10-11-2011, 20:03

If you want your michael back, I'm going to need one million twinkies, a bus with blacked out windows and a fully fueled airplane ready to take me to the non-pants wearing country of my choice :shifty:

Max Jet
10-11-2011, 20:29
It's less of a league and more of a collective. All ya gotta do is stand up to the hordes and take the abuse that's gonna be tossed your way. There are many that claim to be, but few that actually stay the course. It's not so much the act of joining as it is the willing participation in the active defence. If you think you're up to the task, welcome! ;)

This is how people view you

http://i44.tinypic.com/4hv49t.png

This is how you view yourself.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ju8xfb.png

Thehe. I hope you can live with some lighthearted humour ;)

Lothlanathorian
10-11-2011, 21:19

No, it's definitely a league. ;)

Meriwether
10-11-2011, 21:54
The link in my sig is 100% guaranteed money-back to be true... :shifty:

paddyalexander
10-11-2011, 22:20
Damn the link didn't work. I must write Necron-Bloodangels Bromance fan fiction (with moderate erotic undertones) until I am deemed worth to join this tribute to one of the greatest "fluff" writers gwPLC, neih the wargaming world has ever known.

Meriwether
10-11-2011, 22:27
No, you have to pony up a few bucks and support Warseer with your wallet. :D

(Please note that I don't get any compensation of any kind from Warseer, and was not asked to say or do anything at any time... though a variety of warnings from t-tauri are a way of asking me *not* to do/say various things!)

Gir
10-11-2011, 22:39
Damn the link didn't work. I must write Necron-Bloodangels Bromance fan fiction (with moderate erotic undertones) until I am deemed worth to join this tribute to one of the greatest "fluff" writers gwPLC, neih the wargaming world has ever known.

Na, you just have to be better at making jokes.

Lothlanathorian
10-11-2011, 22:44
No, you have to pony up a few bucks and support Warseer with your wallet. :D

(Please note that I don't get any compensation of any kind from Warseer, and was not asked to say or do anything at any time... though a variety of warnings from t-tauri are a way of asking me *not* to do/say various things!)

I get paid in post count when I try to push Guilding outside of the Wastes. And, if we know anything about post-count, it's that the higher it is, the more right I am about everything on the internet.

In all seriousness, though, as someone who's been on Warseer since shortly after it was born and who was extremely active on Portent before it, I feel it is only right that I give a little back. But, you know, if other people don't feel that way, I won't hold it against them. Maybe. ;)

paddyalexander
10-11-2011, 22:50
Who was joking? Being a sarcastic ******* who loves who loves the smells of his own farts? (In fact this is how I really descibe myself in personel ads) Then hell yes guilty as charged. I do not have a sense of humour that I am aware of. Now back to my fan fic, a Bloodangel battle brother was just about to leave a Necron Lord (who is really into cubist art) "interface with his power armour". I think Matt (hallowed be his name) would aprove.

chamelion 6
10-11-2011, 23:40
No, it's definitely a league. ;)

Then I have to ask...

Where the heck are you guys whenever I find myself taking on the slavering wolves by myself???????

:eyebrows:

Lothlanathorian
11-11-2011, 03:24
Then I have to ask...

Where the heck are you guys whenever I find myself taking on the slavering wolves by myself???????

Behind you, obviously. The problem is, whenever you turn around to look for us, we're then behind you :shifty:

:angel: :D

chamelion 6
11-11-2011, 05:39
Behind you, obviously. The problem is, whenever you turn around to look for us, we're then behind you :shifty:

:angel: :D

Glad you've got my back....

ummm....

I think.................... :shifty:

:p

scarletsquig
11-11-2011, 06:42
I'm not sure what is more likely to get you torn apart on here, being a fan of Mat Ward's writing, or being a fan of the excellent miniatures that Mantic Games produces.

Either way, declaring it in your signature then mentioning it in a thread that hasn't discussed it previously is a great way to make new friends! :D

Max Jet
11-11-2011, 07:48
.Either way, declaring it in your signature then mentioning it in a thread that hasn't discussed it previously is a great way to make new friends! :D

"Some men just want to see the world burn."

BigbyWolf
11-11-2011, 08:13
Then I have to ask...

I do NOT slaver! :mad:

gutsmaka
11-11-2011, 09:36
so I can include "hounery member of the Mat ward defence league" and a ward fact if I swear on the life of my 4 space marine minitures that I will protect mat ward wherever he is threatend (on the internet)

DarthSte
11-11-2011, 09:57
No. Not unless you guild up and subscribe. And even then, some of us don't make the grade. :cries:

chamelion 6
11-11-2011, 10:02
I do NOT slaver! :mad:

As a member of the Matt Ward Defence League, you'd not be one of the "slavering" wolves... just the ordinary garden variety. ;)

Ok... I admit it's been awhile since I've been accused of being Matt Ward... and I've been away for awhile and I don't really recall any outright Ward bashings lately... The current "worst author" thread seems to be a blind squabble taking them all down, so it's at least pretty balanced.

But the next time I wind up getting my liver handed to be by the Ward haters I expect to see some "League" members in the bar brawl with me... Or I'm gonna start calling y'all out as some kinda country club for sissy elves... :evilgrin:

@ scarletsquig ~ You don't have to actually be a fan, all you have to do is suggest his stuff "is not that bad..." And I agree with you about the Mantic stuff. If I ever revive my orc army, Mantic will populate most of it.

orlanth1000
11-11-2011, 11:18
It's actually more of a cult than a league.

The cult of Ward actually started after Whatnot.

I miss the wastes.......

Lothlanathorian
11-11-2011, 11:30
It's actually more of a cult than a league.

The cult of Ward actually started after Whatnot.

I miss the wastes.......

Quiet, you! :D

DarthSte
11-11-2011, 11:35
Finally! !

BigbyWolf
11-11-2011, 11:50
As a member of the Matt Ward Defence League, you'd not be one of the "slavering" wolves... just the ordinary garden variety. ;)

You have wolves in your garden?!! :eek:

But the next time I wind up getting my liver handed to be by the Ward haters I expect to see some "League" members in the bar brawl with me... Or I'm gonna start calling y'all out as some kinda country club for sissy elves... :evilgrin:

It would have to depend on the circumstance, like I said, as long as valid arguments/ grievances are used then we don't have an issue. The main objective is to put an end to the general "Merrrr...I h8 Matt Werd" threads. The easiest way to alert us is to bump the "Mat Ward Defence League" post stickied in the Wastes, either that or project a Batman-style image of a Blood Angle fist-bumping a Necron against the moon. :shifty:

Of course, if you were a true defender of the Ward, you'd never double "t" his name...:p

Korraz
11-11-2011, 12:13
What I always wanted to ask... is this a joke, or just puberal nonconformism?

And Ward has spelled his name with two t several times. So much for "true".
I still prefer "d", though.

orlanth1000
11-11-2011, 12:19
double tt, goodness gracious me.

Meriwether
11-11-2011, 12:24

If you do it right, everything's a joke!

double tt, goodness gracious me.

Nice sig, fish-boi!

Lothlanathorian
11-11-2011, 14:03
If you do it right, everything's a joke!

And if you do it wrong, it's just a bad one! :cheese:

BigbyWolf
11-11-2011, 14:24

Earlier posts should have explained that, just let me know if you need a re-cap.:yes:

And Ward has spelled his name with two t several times. So much for "true".
I still prefer "d", though.

The recent stuff I've seen involves the singular, that's what the corrections of the spelling of his name are based on.

Liber
11-11-2011, 14:39
Na, you just have to be better at making jokes.

I thought what he said was pretty funny.

Wyrmwood
11-11-2011, 14:48
Only those who acknowledge Mat Ward as their spiritual liege have the chance to join the defence league and of these few, many will fail the trials necessary to march into... Battle alongside its vaunted brotherhood.

The Mat Ward Defence League is the most mysterious of all WarSeer's few leagues. Few outside the Guilders of the Chaos Wastes hold any knowledge of the League's founding, and even these most trusted of men are denied the full truth. For ten thousand years the Mat Ward Defence League have stood between Mat Ward and the haters of their liege. An incorruptible army of genetically engineered pantsless subscribers, they are armed and armoured with the finest puns Mankind can supply, for no others in Mat Ward's service have so dire a task as they.

chamelion 6
11-11-2011, 16:05
Only those who acknowledge Mat Ward as their spiritual liege have the chance to join the defence league and of these few, many will fail the trials necessary to march into... Battle alongside its vaunted brotherhood.

The Mat Ward Defence League is the most mysterious of all WarSeer's few leagues. Few outside the Guilders of the Chaos Wastes hold any knowledge of the League's founding, and even these most trusted of men are denied the full truth. For ten thousand years the Mat Ward Defence League have stood between Mat Ward and the haters of their liege. An incorruptible army of genetically engineered pantsless subscribers, they are armed and armoured with the finest puns Mankind can supply, for no others in Mat Ward's service have so dire a task as they.

This sound more like a goverment agency that need a serious investigation in to their clandestine activities. Startng to sound like a ploy to get at taxpayer dollars to me.......:eyebrows:

Lord Malorne
11-11-2011, 16:26
Mat Ward is in England...

chamelion 6
11-11-2011, 16:33
Mat Ward is in England...

I don't think clandestine agencies living high off taxpayer money is unique to the US...

Though I will admit we probably set the standard. :(

Don't get me wrong here. I'm on your side, I'm just trying to decide if you're on mine... All this cloak and dagger secret society stuff makes me a bit jittery.

Wyrmwood
11-11-2011, 16:59
A single candle guttered on an ornate silver
stick in the centre of the room, throwing a
yellowish, fitful light over the faces of the
cowled figures stood in the dusty chamber.
“Codex: Blood Angels is a financial success,” one said, his
voice aged and cracked. “Mat Ward's career will be
sustained.”
“Mat Ward's career endures?” another inquired, his
long, sharp nose protruding from under the
lip of his hood. “The genners have not won?”
“They have not,” the first confirmed. “Mat Ward
has ascended to the next plane,
but the link ’twixt Mat and Warhamms remains
strong.”
“Then... He will write a new Codex?,” suggested
the third, a young woma- man whose flowing
white hair spilled from her-... his hood and down
to he-... his waist. “Mat Ward need not suffer
this hideous eternal hate and nerdrage.”
“We cannot risk such a thing!” the first
hissed. “What if the spiritual link were
severed? What if the person brought back
was not the man who wrote Codex: Blood Angels?
Changed? News of Mat Ward's word craft is
already widespread. He is being revered as
a massive tool already on a hundred forums. In this
time of recesion, we need a scapegoat. Mat Ward
has shown us the way. Anyway,
who would believe that Mat Ward had
written another best selling and fun Codex? It will cause a civil war
more devastating than that of the Dark Eldar scandal,
and even now we have yet to start
counting the cost of that. No, better that
this knowledge remains hidden. When we
pass on to join Mat Ward, it will die with
us.”
“You cannot deny Warhams Mat Ward,” a
fourth voice, deep and slow, stated firmly.
“He and the Codices he has written are
Games Workshop’s only chance of survival.”
The man and the deep-voiced man both
withdrew into the shadows and a moment
later the door creaked open, a chill draught
causing the candle flame to flit wildly.
“Wait!” the first man
called out, but the door slammed shut in
answer.
“We cannot let them do this,” the hawknosed
man decided.
“No, we cannot,” the first agreed. “We must
act quickly, get organised and claim the
initiative.”
“It shall be done,” the other concurred.

And thus, the bandwagon and the Defence League were born.

Note: This is a dramatisation.

BigbyWolf
11-11-2011, 17:39
Don't get me wrong here. I'm on your side, I'm just trying to decide if you're on mine... All this cloak and dagger secret society stuff makes me a bit jittery.

We're obviously not secret enough...we have been publishing our location in our sigs since April! :shifty:

Note: This is a dramatisation.

I hope so, because I don't remember it being like that! :eek:

In fact, it was a little more like this...

I'm starting a Matt Ward fan club........:)

I loves him........:angel:

Please show your support by donating to the Mat Ward conservation society. Charitable wrist-bands now available! (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298880)

Surely we should add the above to our sigs?

I like your idea about a unified Ward-supporting sig, Biggers.

I think that everyone should have a Wardfact...each different,

i.e: Reasons not to hate Mat Ward #76- Mat Ward donates 68% of his annual salary to helping underprivileged children in South America. Last year he visited them and the truckloads of hatemail he had received from irate Warhams players was recycled and turned into houses.

I like this idea

I second the motion.

I figure if we get a decent amount of people (the people themselves however, do not have to be decent) with funny (but positive) facts about Ward in their sigs, it might just drive home to people how pointless and irritating it is to whine about him!

Perhaps a suggestion of suitable facts?

Ok, in fact it was exactly like that...:shifty:

Wyrmwood
11-11-2011, 17:43
But... If they know, what can they learn by joining the League?

Fun facts, that's what. ;) Vote: Mat Ward.

BigbyWolf
11-11-2011, 17:44
But... If they know, what can they learn by joining the League?

Fun facts, that's what. ;) Vote: Mat Ward.

That, and more...much more! ;)

Meriwether
11-11-2011, 18:03
There may or may not be cookies.

orlanth1000
11-11-2011, 19:40
Also Bigby, it was during a particular nasty I H%$E ( I cannot even say the word) Mat Ward thread that inspired us.

It definitely felt more like a calling than a cry for help ( Im not even sure what that means :wtf: ).

This thread has made me very emotional, I can feel the Wastes tugging at my heart strings :(

BigbyWolf
11-11-2011, 19:45
Also Bigby, it was during a particular nasty I H%$E ( I cannot even say the word) Mat Ward thread that inspired us.

It definitely felt more like a calling than a cry for help ( Im not even sure what that means :wtf: ).

This thread has made me very emotional, I can feel the Wastes tugging at my heart strings :(

You know the way back...:shifty:

Lothlanathorian
11-11-2011, 20:10
You know the way back...:shifty:

It involves your wallet. Not a lot of it, mind. Guilding up is actually quite cheap.

:cheese::angel:

chamelion 6
12-11-2011, 03:10
We're obviously not secret enough...we have been publishing our location in our sigs since April! :shifty:

Kinda like the Masons... Got symbols all over the place cause what's the fun in having a secret society if nobody knows about it? :p

orlanth1000
12-11-2011, 07:29
It's not the money, it was the stupid amount of time I was spending in there. I think I have it under control.....

Sparowl
12-11-2011, 07:57
I like how the defense legue is spelled just how Mattt would.

The Dude
12-11-2011, 11:00
Dance with us, Fishman.

Dance with us into oblivion.

Lothlanathorian
12-11-2011, 17:30
In the Wastes, you can dance if you want to, you can leave your friends behind.

Skaven13
12-11-2011, 17:34
Hmmm. I would probably want to join just to tick people off and watch the nerdrage.

That was awesome beyond words. Sss....Aaaa...Ffff.....

orlanth1000
12-11-2011, 19:36
Hmmm. I would probably want to join just to tick people off and watch the nerdrage.

That was awesome beyond words. Sss....Aaaa...Ffff.....

If that's your idea of being in the Wastes, that's fine.

Just don't wear pants, and accept the octo...........

And I love dancing........................alot

Skaven13
12-11-2011, 20:23
If that's your idea of being in the Wastes, that's fine.

Just don't wear pants, and accept the octo...........

And I love dancing........................alot

Now hold on one moment here. The song says to "leave your friends behind", not "leave your pants behind". Hmm. The power of Ward is indeed staggering.

chamelion 6
12-11-2011, 21:30

Ahhhhhhhh..... Now I have that song stuck in my head!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....:eek:

There does seem to be an obsession with dropping trow here... I'm sure I'm gonna regret asking, but what does that have to do with defending Ward? I'm just not sure this is the right league for me...

orlanth1000
12-11-2011, 23:48
Ahhhhhhhh..... Now I have that song stuck in my head!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....:eek:

There does seem to be an obsession with dropping trow here... I'm sure I'm gonna regret asking, but what does that have to do with defending Ward? I'm just not sure this is the right league for me...

You may wish you never asked that question, it's like opening a portal from the chaos realm and the Wastoids pour through :skull::evilgrin:

Meriwether
12-11-2011, 23:50
Pants are not allowed in The Wastes. It's just a rule.

BigbyWolf
13-11-2011, 00:18

As Meri says, it's a Wastes tradition, it has nothing to do with Mat Ward. It's also very liberating, and not without medical benefits (better air circulation and cooler temperature in *that* area= higher fertility).

Although depending where you live, frostbite may be an issue.

To summarize- to join the MWDL you first have to join the Guild*, but to joining the Guild does not mean you have to join the MWDL.

*- You may have noticed some non-guilders sporting the "facts" in their sigs (like Orlanth, for example), but they were actually members at the time of its conception and have contributed to the thread.

orlanth1000
13-11-2011, 07:43
As Meri says, it's a Wastes tradition, it has nothing to do with Mat Ward. It's also very liberating, and not without medical benefits (better air circulation and cooler temperature in *that* area= higher fertility).

Although depending where you live, frostbite may be an issue.

To summarize- to join the MWDL you first have to join the Guild*, but to joining the Guild does not mean you have to join the MWDL.

*- You may have noticed some non-guilders sporting the "facts" in their sigs (like Orlanth, for example), but they were actually members at the time of its conception and have contributed to the thread.

Also one of the founding fathers of the cult of Ward and the Defense League I may add :D

The Dude
13-11-2011, 07:57
Shut up and guild up you creepy Doi-stalking fish-lover!

:mad::yes:

orlanth1000
13-11-2011, 08:02
Fair call, I started to last night but got distracted..........:shifty:

orlanth1000
13-11-2011, 08:02
Sorry for the double poast, has Doi found anyone else? :(

violenceha
13-11-2011, 08:17
I have read and re-read the leave your friends behind remark and still don't understand it's meaning.

orlanth1000
13-11-2011, 08:21
Find a song lyrics site and put in the words.

The Dude
13-11-2011, 08:24
Sorry for the double poast, has Doi found anyone else? :(

Only one way to find out :no::shifty::yes:

orlanth1000
13-11-2011, 09:59
Only one way to find out :no::shifty::yes:

Oh that's not fair :mad:

Surely he would have waited for me?

The Dude
13-11-2011, 20:06
A man is not a camel.

:shifty:

Meriwether
13-11-2011, 20:21
...because a man has an many humps as possible?

Lothlanathorian
14-11-2011, 00:49
Watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7movKfyTBII&ob=av3e), Violenchachacha.

And people think we're all elitist snobs. After reading this thread, they shall know the truth of T3h Wastes!!

Which is we're hilarious elitist snobs :shifty:

Meriwether
14-11-2011, 00:54
I prefer Llamas with Hats to Men with Hats.

Meriwether
14-11-2011, 10:39
*readies dollar bills*

Jo-Jo
14-11-2011, 21:51
Guys your in GW General, not the wastes. Spam in the right place friendos.

*prepares to ventures into the wastes in a few hours to find myself quoted, or ridiculed*

:shifty:

Panzer MkIV
14-11-2011, 23:16
"Posts in epic thread":yes:

Meriwether
15-11-2011, 02:14
Hah! I had forgotten this wasn't a Wasted thread!

Tee hee hee.

*hides from t-tauri so as to not get banned*

Lothlanathorian
15-11-2011, 03:52
I figured this thread was more like free advertising. Give the genner public a taste of the Wastes.

orlanth1000
15-11-2011, 08:45
I liken this thread to dying, going to heaven, you get a taste of something amazing, and some surgeon saves your life and your back to reality......

The Dude
15-11-2011, 09:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EahfjlDy7FI

orlanth1000
15-11-2011, 09:49
I will leave this thread now, unless there is an emergency involving the need of The Mat Ward Defense league.

I am transcending to a better place.

See you on the other side.

Jim
15-11-2011, 13:19
I will leave this thread now, unless there is an emergency involving the need of The Mat Ward Defense league.

I am transcending to a better place.

See you on the other side.

Goodbye Fishman Goodbye...

*hangs head, puts pants back on and trudges back to 40K Gen*

...Maybe one day I'll get my silver star back too...

:cries:

Jim

The Dude
15-11-2011, 20:42
I'll allow it :yes:

Lothlanathorian
17-11-2011, 05:20
Jim, your rank is all wrong, man.

Nautyboy
17-11-2011, 09:43
Is it possible to like the Smurfs, but not The Ward?

Which side gets to stone you to death?

Meriwether
17-11-2011, 10:52
The League isn't the death sentence type. We're more of the point and laugh type.

Nautyboy
17-11-2011, 21:02
Hmmmm. That is fair enough. But, just for form sake, I'll tie myself to this statue of Bob Jellyman and you can guffaw to your heart's content.