10 Dryads
Branch Nymph

10 Wardancers
Bladesinger, Musician

6 Wildriders
Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion
Banner of Eternal Flame

Great Eagle

Epic disclaimer. I hate, hate hate the glade guard models because they're plastic. If I can work out an alternative to fit into the verdant green and all metal paint work scheme I've got going on, I'm open to using glade guard and riders. Otherwise, Dryads are my only option for core (which annoys me no end, because whilst good units, they're plastic, though less 'lots of blank cloth'.)

cdpia1084
11-11-2011, 20:54
no glade guard?

Daniel36
11-11-2011, 21:02
Go for it. What army or armies will you be facing?

Nocculum
11-11-2011, 21:05
At the moment, High Elves. I have unfortunately moved away from University post graduation, so it's just me and a close mate. (Woe is me).

I hope to try and get to the Uni gaming club (Alumni ftw) once a month from now on, and there's a variety there, mainly High Elves, Skaven and Brettonnians.

My army goal is to escalate into a full Wild Hunt list at 2-2,500, including Orion, a lot of Wild Riders, and lots of wildebeasts (with the Wild Riders thus becoming my core allowance).

I also loathe the lvl 4, mass shooting armies that are the mainstay - not because they're inneffectual, they're clearly not, they're just not what I like to play or what I'd like to paint :).

ftayl5
11-11-2011, 21:16
Looks pretty cool.
However,
1. Where is you Spellsinger going to go?
2. Branch Nymphs aren't the most efficient use of points, it's better to just buy an extra Dryad.
3. Same deal with the Bladesinger

Nocculum
11-11-2011, 22:15
Usually in a wood, to coast and to chain the damage variant of tree singing from the fringes with a tasty modifier to shooting. In larger games, she'll take Glamorweave to join the dryads.

Extra Dryads purchased to make the list legal for the same points :).

Singer is to protect the Noble from unwanted challenges mainly.

ftayl5
12-11-2011, 03:51
Usually in a wood, to coast and to chain the damage variant of tree singing from the fringes with a tasty modifier to shooting. In larger games, she'll take Glamorweave to join the dryads.

Good plan with the forest. Shooting will rarely touch you but be wary of Magic Missiles that auto-hit. Wouldn't advise putting a caster in with a combat unit liek Dryads though. But without Glade Guard I guess that's your only option.

Singer is to protect the Noble from unwanted challenges mainly.

Ah ok, that makes sense then.

Nocculum
12-11-2011, 07:48
Not that he should be afraid...4 strength 5 attacks with a high WS, very high initiative, with re-rolls to wound, killing blow and re-rolls to the enemy ward saves should see off most other heroes, and possibly a lord or two as well!

Daniel36
12-11-2011, 07:57
I look forward to hearing how you did on the battlefield!

popisdead
14-11-2011, 22:17
Not that he should be afraid...4 strength 5 attacks with a high WS, very high initiative, with re-rolls to wound, killing blow and re-rolls to the enemy ward saves should see off most other heroes, and possibly a lord or two as well!

That build really impressed me. I never thought about it before.

thanks for sharing!

the gribbly
14-11-2011, 23:09
Nice list! I love combat woodies. Still its a shame about the gg they would be very handy vs HEs. I really like your wd general and ive actually used that exact build recently. He kb'd a vamp on the reroll one game but in later games under performed. Still props for the cool factor as he is basically loec incarnate. I still have dreams of greatness for him vs DoC. Also I did find that placement within the unit was key so as to limit the number of friendlies forced to reroll.

For some slight changes I would drop the champs (seems like you said you did but didnt update the list?), if so I would also drop the wild rider champ and the wardancer musician to pick up a 7th wild rider or squeeze pts for a second eagle perhaps. On a similar note lists like this just scream for some waywatchers.