PDA

View Full Version : The Frost Weapon

Forsworn
12-11-2011, 04:04
I'm just curious:

Frost Weapons are supposed to be a combination of Power Weapon and Chain Weapon, no? Why are they modeled as regular Power Weapons, then?

I was just leafing through the SW Codex (more correctly, I read through all the codices for the fluff), and noticed that the models looked like blue(er) Power Weapons. It just seemed a bit weird.

Does anyone have appropriately modeled Frost Weapons? :3
I;d like to see them! :D

Chem-Dog
12-11-2011, 04:14
Wasn't it originally something to do with the Ragnar Model carrying a chain weapon? When SW's made the jump to 3rd, a Lord with Chainsword was just.... Thus the Frostblade was described as a Powerchain weapon and given a more manly profile.
Possibly.

I like to think of it as lots of tiny little power weapons on a chain blade.

Forsworn
12-11-2011, 04:25
That makes it seem even cooler.

If I ever get that Space Wolf pack for Kill-Team games. . . I'm painting all Chainswords' teeth as blue, and saying they're Frost Weapons. :D

Damn, but I <3 those things. I wish that there was a character in another Codex (a DA character with one he won from a Space Wolf in a duel, maybe?) would be epic! :D

Freakiq
12-11-2011, 05:39
Wasn't it originally something to do with the Ragnar Model carrying a chain weapon? When SW's made the jump to 3rd, a Lord with Chainsword was just.... Thus the Frostblade was described as a Powerchain weapon and given a more manly profile.
Possibly.

I like to think of it as lots of tiny little power weapons on a chain blade.

Ragnar's chainblade was referred to as a frost blade even back in 2nd edition where it was vastly better than a chainsword.

As for OP's question.

There's a part in the codex that describes Frost weapons as either chainblades with kraken teeth or axes made from a crystal that looks like ice.