PDA

View Full Version : What to get next for my Orcs n Goblins

Loptin
12-11-2011, 06:50
Hey Everyone,

Dunno what to get next for my orcs and goblins.
I'm trying to go for an army that does not have any of the regular boys, just hate the models.

So far I have.
1 Savate Orc Warboss on War Boar
! Savage Orc Shaman on War Boar
1 Savage Orc Shaman, on foot
1 Night Goblin Warboss
1 Night Goblin Shaman
2 Units of 20 Night Goblins, w/ spears.
50 Savage Orcs
20 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
4 Boar Boys.
1 Arachnarok Spider
1 Orc Boar Chariot

I would prefer to limit the amount of regular boys in my army, I am fine with black orcs.

Loptin
12-11-2011, 06:51
I got that army to 1985 points with no magic items.

Duke Ramulots
12-11-2011, 07:09
Black orcs?

T'Green T'Bad T'Ugly
12-11-2011, 07:11
I'd say grab some more NG's, you are always going to want a ton of those.
Get at least another 4 Boar boys if you plan on using them (i'm not keen on them myself, Savage boar boys are Ok though)
A few Gobbo chariots would go well (As many as you can really, I hardly ever field less than 4)
Build yourself up a couple of Mangler squigs, these are amazing! (Or wait until next month for the official model release that is rumoured)
And grab some artillery, 2 Doom Divers are a must, and Rock Lobbers are great. Spear Chukka's are very cheap points-wise.

chilledenuff
12-11-2011, 07:11
More night goblins. 20 is too small an unit. Or fanatics... rumour has it next month mangler squigs are released...they're cool

Loptin
12-11-2011, 08:06
I forgot to mention, my boar boys are savage with two hand weapons.

wizbix
12-11-2011, 22:12
I'd try asking over on www.da-warpath.com you will plenty of responses ffrom dedicated Ork and Goblin players there.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
13-11-2011, 11:57
I'd say beef up your units before you get more. Take the NG's up to 40 (at least), and grab another 5 Savage Boar Boyz for a decent hammer unit.

What do you have against 'nilla boyz? If it's the models, to each their own. If it's their perceived lack of bang for buck, they still get the job done. I never leave home without a unit of 40.

Leogun_91
13-11-2011, 14:16
Start with getting more savage orc boar boyz, it's preferable to have more than the minimum unit size rather than less, you need another boarboy just to get to use them.

Glenn87
13-11-2011, 14:34
how about some ranged?
Doom Divers and Rock lobbers and stuff?

Jind_Singh
14-11-2011, 03:15
Hey there - it's kind of hard to give direction on a Waaagh as the book is so varied - you hint you're not a fan of Orc boyz - fair enough - but with what you have right now you need, right away:

1 more box of Night Goblins - 40 is minimum sized unit, 50 is ideal! So get that sorted out please! 2 units of 20 won't cut any bread into slices!

With so many mounted Savage Orc characters you need at least one box of boar boyz - you might even have to run a unit of 15 (including characters) but I am not keen on mounting characters - the unit they hide in ends up attracting a lot of attention!

Make the boyz on foot big uns - if the bsb/warboss are in that unit - or if the bsb/warboss are going with the Boar boyz make them the big uns - either way whoever gets the bsb/warboss MUST have a savage shaman with them who has the shrunken head!

Your savages are a points sink - so balance them out with cheap chaff!

50 N gobbos with command/netters/1 fanatic will cost around the 240-260 mark - so add some sauce and grab 15 squigs/10 squig herders to add some bite - but very reasonable for points value.

Round out the army with either trolls/pump wagons or throw in the giant!

Djekar
14-11-2011, 13:06
Yeah, definately more night goblins. I also am a fan of the shooting things (as long as you aren't against common gobbos) like Doom Divers and Rock Lobbas, they do great things for me.

After that, I'd either start getting more savage orc boar boyz (I am trying mine with spears right now, I'm not sure what the "common" equipment option is for them) to make a hammer or look into something else really killy like: Squig Herd; Black Orcs; or Trolls. I listed them there in the order of my personal preference - but they are really close in terms of usefulness.

More units which you can add to taste that I always find helpful - mangler squigs and chariots of both varieties. Seriously though, at the point you are picking these units, it's all up to personal taste so proxy for a few games (if your group is cool with that) and see what tickles your green fancy.

Malorian
15-11-2011, 20:40
Without a doubt, a BSB.