PDA

View Full Version : Draigo or Logan wing?

magath
12-11-2011, 09:02
Hi guys

I'm trying to do a cheap but competitive army for a 1000pt tournament in a couple of months.

I keep coming across the ideas of Logan/Draigo wings and I must admit, I quite fancy doing one of them. The low monetary cost:High points ratio is something that appeals and, to be honest, I just fancy doing an army with a very low model count thats fairly quick to paint.

Can anyone suggest which would be most competitive? Or is there another elite army with low model count I should look at?

MasterGideon
12-11-2011, 10:18
Deathwing all the way....The New FAQ make them decent again!

MasterGideon

Sqallum
12-11-2011, 12:52
Bikes! Vanilla Captain, then bikes as troop choices! Done! The melta/plasma will smash termies into dust! :D
Sqallum

Mawchild
12-11-2011, 14:08
Draigowing doesn't really work at 1000pts its just too difficult to fit in what you need at that points level. Especially when Draigo is over a quarter of your points. Though you may be able to go with crowe and purifiers if you want GK, probably even squeeze in a psyfleman or two.

MasterGideon
12-11-2011, 14:26
Using Deathwing bags you this for 995pts

Belial

Deathwing Command Squad (Apoth, Cyclone)
Deathwing Squad (Cyclone)
Deathwing Squad (Cyclone)
Dreadnought W/Heavy Flamer

16 Terminators, 5 of which have FNP (plus Belial if he with that Squad) and a dread is a Bargain.

You can Have all your guys with SS/TH if you want, but I would suggest Mixing it a little.

MasterGideon

Grimtuff
12-11-2011, 15:08
Bikes! Vanilla Captain, then bikes as troop choices! Done! The melta/plasma will smash termies into dust! :D
Sqallum

Storm Shield spam disagrees with you...