PDA

View Full Version : Thelordinquisitor.com releases a teaser trailer and...

Culgore
12-11-2011, 13:50
It is absolutely beautiful. It could benefit from better voice acting and slightly better writing. It really looks like this fan project is shaping up way better than Ultramarines... IMHO

http://www.thelordinquisitor.com/

The bearded one
12-11-2011, 13:56
I've followed Lord Inquisitor for quite a while and watched it yesterday. I love the trailer :D (I just didn't think we could post it in this forum area xD ) It should be getting a whole lot more attention than it has. There are a few flaws, but overall the trailer looks astonishing.

Also, Adam Harvey contacted the creator of Lord Inquisitor to do the music for this trailer. Adam Harvey did the music for the Ultramarines film.

Nocculum
12-11-2011, 13:56
Outstanding animation and production, and I love the aesthetic qualities they've managed to capture perfectly.

Sadly, the script of the trailer and the voice acting are abyssmal, but you can't have everything I suppose :).

Elenneth89
12-11-2011, 14:25
very surprised to found a VERY warhammer 40k movie, even better of the original one

MajorWesJanson
12-11-2011, 14:28
Outstanding animation and production, and I love the aesthetic qualities they've managed to capture perfectly.

Sadly, the script of the trailer and the voice acting are abyssmal, but you can't have everything I suppose :).

I agree. Animation is mostly good, few things feel off though- the grey Knights seem to move oddly, and the shoulderpads look exaggerated more than normal. Baneblades also seemed off for some reason. Maybe they were going too fast, but the suppressors on the barrel looked a tad large too.

Still, the Inquisitor and ship animations are lovely.

The bearded one
12-11-2011, 14:32
Maybe they were going too fast, but the suppressors on the barrel looked a tad large too.

The Imperium favours big guns :)

Funny enough, to me the larger suppressors made the tanks look more distinctively 40K, rather than being real-life present day tanks (because good lord, that shot looked realistic enough to be so)

Kenzaburo
12-11-2011, 14:55
christ, this looks beautiful. the voice acting is indeed so-so and the writing was too much fanfic-like, but anyways, as a pure fan project this is mind blowing. is there any way we can support the guy? besides liking it on facebook?

The bearded one
12-11-2011, 14:57
enthousiasm for ones art is one of the most important ways of supporting an artist.

Hence why we have thousands of painting logs

Felwether
12-11-2011, 15:01
Looks fantastic! Have to agree about the script writing and voice acting though. The fact that the guy can't spell 'unofficial' is slightly disconcerting.

Magister
12-11-2011, 15:20
OMG

Words for the Word Gods.

Voice acting was odd, but it's sooo pretty!

Mr Zoat
12-11-2011, 16:06
Models were beautiful. Was that actually Coteaz?

Culgore
12-11-2011, 17:16
Yeah, it is supposed to be Coteaz.

Forsworn
12-11-2011, 17:20
I'll admit, this CGI blows Ultramarines out of the water. The fact that it's fan-made gives me hope that someday I'll be able to do something like this.

I think that the VA was, at times, a LITTLE off. Not the actual tone and voice, but the pacing of it. Even so, it was great, and I think it'd be amazing when it comes out.

Kenzaburo
12-11-2011, 17:44
yes, it's pacing and a sort of melodramatic intonation and pronounciation that make it sound ... not so good. although the actual sound of the voices seems, i dunno, too clear. the sound of "real" trailers is different, maybe the guys need to run some filter over their recorded audio. it sounded a bit flat to me.

the tank animations were great, the armors looked like the proper mix of high technology and medieval armor and i especially liked the warp effect when the cruiser entered normal space. sooo cool.

theunwantedbeing
12-11-2011, 17:48
Negatives first.

Voice acting....pacing was aweful, just like in the marine movie.
So I daresay you did a better job than all those famous voice actors they had, cudos!

The baneblade weaponry should be self levelling, it just looks better.

The recoil was too high speed and overpronounced as well as the rate of fire on the guns.
Slower would be better looking.

Some of the CGI despite being pretty looked very low budget, not marine movie low budget of course but channel 5 movie low budget.

The positives.
It's AWESOME, can't wait for the finished version.

Tay051173096
12-11-2011, 18:16
The ship oh dark gods the ship its its made of awesome!

I am so looking forward to this, the guard and marines getting beatings so the GK are needed, come on team chaos!

Bigbot
12-11-2011, 18:19
Ok I'm gonna give perspective here: It's a fan trailer and he's doing this for fun by the looks of it (sure as hell can't make profit on it)

Are we really gonna rip apart the VA and picky animation bits when a guy has worked so hard for free for us.

It looks astonishing and given that it is a fan film I'm loving what they've done with it.

Now just hope GW doesn't slap it out of the water before it begins.

Private_SeeD
12-11-2011, 19:10
I jst watched it with my gf who's not a fan of GW but likes sci-fi films and liked the trailer bar the script and voice acting, now my only issue is the rate of fire of the weapons and the empty rounds flying upwards but I'm sure he was firing the gun whilst flying and we jst didn't see that, but bar that give that man a truck load of money a fully staffed CGI studio tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spider-pope
12-11-2011, 19:15
While the vocals were admittedly not that great, the animation itself is top notch and very impressive. The fact that it looks far better than the Ultramarines movie makes me wonder just what Codex Pictures spent their money on.

Kenzaburo
12-11-2011, 20:52
just to clarify - my comments about pacing and VA were minor and have nothing to do with the awesomeness of this FAN project. i mentioned it above - i'd like to support the guy in some sort of way. already spread the trailer among my friends who are in love with it, too.

Nocculum
12-11-2011, 21:15
just to clarify - my comments about pacing and VA were minor and have nothing to do with the awesomeness of this FAN project. i mentioned it above - i'd like to support the guy in some sort of way. already spread the trailer among my friends who are in love with it, too.

Seconded.

I didn't mean to sound too negative, for what it is, it's something special, and I hope many more people encourage it's development :).

The bearded one
12-11-2011, 21:31
The fact that it looks far better than the Ultramarines movie makes me wonder just what Codex Pictures spent their money on.

Do note though that he's been doing animating (professionally too) for I believe nearly a decade and he started with this project in early 2010 ;)

Codex pictures did the movie rather fast (a bit too fast.. I was highly suprised when it was coming out hardly a year after announcing. I've also noticed that some parts of the movie seem less rendered and textured than others, which was a bit odd) and had expensive voice actors and animators which they had to pay and other things that a freelance project usually never has to pay for, like manpower. This project will be approximately 15-20 minutes, Ultramarines was 70.

Not to say I don't think Erasmus is doing a truly impressive job, as I have been following and telling people about this since 2010, but do keep in mind some differences :)

because I did actually enjoy Ultramarines :)

Hendarion
12-11-2011, 21:40
This thing - from its beginning - is doing the Warhammer 40k universe a huge favor. This is the universe I think we all wanted to see for so long. Not only the war or Space Marines, but also the grimdark, the politics, the sparkling glory and rotting dust the Imperium is and to a little extend also the normal life on board of a ship or planet (or whatever the scene is with the Inquisitor on the balcony).

Even for this short trailer - a huge THANKS to the creators!

The bearded one
12-11-2011, 21:46
Just so you know, he has a blog:

http://www.thelordinquisitor.com/

The bearded one
14-11-2011, 20:58
* bump *

This shall not die in the anonimity of the 2nd page of threads!

The trailer has nearly 40.000 views now, 4 days after being uploaded. It seems to be going quite nicely.
Also Erasmus (the creator (<- that sounds so religious..) ) added some stuff to his blog about the reception of the trailer.

Notanoob
14-11-2011, 21:08
It better not, that trailer was GORGEOUS! Just find a few more friends to work on the voice acting and pacing and it's be perfect. I am so impressed with the quality of this stuff, particularly the ship, which was just insane-I couldn't believe how good that guy looked.

TheConverter15
14-11-2011, 21:09
Great trailer, kinda wierd that a Grey Knight Termie is holding a heavy bolter like that, but it looks pretty cool :)

lordbeefy
14-11-2011, 22:18
couple points...

1. incredible animation, love it.

2. awful grammar and language....seriously guys, i assume english isnt your first language here...but there is huge scope for this project, i seriously suggest u consult a proper fanarticle writer or similar.

despite point 2. this is far superior to ultramarines, so keep it going.