PDA

View Full Version : Flaming missle vs flammable multiple wound model

Joeman169
13-11-2011, 21:49
I do 6 wounds to a unit of Yhetees with Fireball, does this multiply to 12 wounds and then you remove models accordingly or....does 1 fireball wound a Yhetees doubling to 2 wounds and then the next fireball goes to 2 wounds killing him off and losing one of the wounds in the process. Move on to the next model, rinse and repeat.

Mr_Rose
13-11-2011, 22:02
Fireball caused multiple single-wound hits, not one hit that causes multiple wounds, so you're all good as far as doubling goes.
Twelve wounds = four dead Yhetees.

narrativium
13-11-2011, 22:13
Against Flammable models, treat Flaming attacks as being 'Multiple Wounds (2)'. Compare the number of wounds on the Yhetee profile, and you'll have your answer.

Fubar
14-11-2011, 09:29
I believe, you would need to do 2 normal wounds per yhetee, which would double up to 4 but the extra wound does not carry over, so 6 wounds from a fireball is 3 dead yhetees not 4.

narrativium
14-11-2011, 11:18
Incorrect, because the extra wound does carry over.

If a flaming attack were to (say) quadruple its wounds to 4, for example (which I think might be possible if a Slann takes the Banehead and Lore of Fire), a Yhetee would only suffer three of those wounds because it only has three wounds. But because flaming only doubles wounds to 2, and a Yhetee has two or more wounds, the Yhetee unit takes both every time.

The bearded one
14-11-2011, 11:57
Incorrect, because the extra wound does carry over.

If a flaming attack were to (say) quadruple its wounds to 4, for example (which I think might be possible if a Slann takes the Banehead and Lore of Fire), a Yhetee would only suffer three of those wounds because it only has three wounds. But because flaming only doubles wounds to 2, and a Yhetee has two or more wounds, the Yhetee unit takes both every time.

That seems a bit odd, the general principle is that excess wounds do not carry over.

"If a flaming attack were to (say) quadruple its wounds to 4"

Let's turn that into 6 instead and assume a very lucky cannonball that rolls 6 for all it's hits (after all your example is about 1 hit, that multiplies into more wounds than the model has), would those wounds carry over too? Would a flaming cannonball that does 2 hits and rolls 6 wounds both times do 24 wounds and kill 8 yhetee's? This seems rather odd. I'm looking in the rulebook but can't find the bit about multi-wound weapons vs multi-wound models..

Edit: It took me a while to find it in the rulebook..

"Multi-wound models and Multi-wound weapons"
If a unit of creatures with more than 1 wound on their profile is hit by a weapon that causes multiple wounds, determine how many wounds are caused on each model individually (remember that each model cannot suffer more wounds than it has on it's profile) Add up all wounds caused on the unit and then remove the appropriate number of models, noting any spare wounds in the unit.

This method is also applied if such a unit is attacked by a spell or weapon that causes a hit on every model in the unit"

Mr_Rose
14-11-2011, 12:08
I don't get this logic..

"If a flaming attack were to (say) quadruple its wounds to 4"

Well, let's turn that into 6 instead and assume a very lucky cannonball that rolls 6 for all it's hits (after all your example is about 1 hit, that multiplies into more wounds than the model has), would you suppose those wounds carry over too? Would a flaming cannonball that does 2 hits and rolls 6 wounds both times do 24 wounds and kill 8 yhetee's?
You mean the logic in the book? Re-read what was written please; individual hits are capped at he number of wounds on each individual model. A flaming cannonball will still never do more than three wounds per hit. The same is true of the souped up (bane head) fireball that would normally deal four wounds per hit, as narrativium said.

The bearded one
14-11-2011, 12:11
No, I misread Narrativiums post a bit, I thought he said that with a quadruple wound (banehead fireball) it would carry over, but he was talking about the case without banehead again. That's what ya get when English isn't your first language I guess.

I found the wording in the book now though.
In this case the fireball would do 6 hits on the unit, which are each doubled (as though you distribute each hit on a different model) and then you add them up and remove the according number of models.

a18no
16-11-2011, 02:38
No, I misread Narrativiums post a bit, I thought he said that with a quadruple wound (banehead fireball) it would carry over, but he was talking about the case without banehead again. That's what ya get when English isn't your first language I guess.

I found the wording in the book now though.
In this case the fireball would do 6 hits on the unit, which are each doubled (as though you distribute each hit on a different model) and then you add them up and remove the according number of models.

It depend on the number of models in the unit. if you do 6 hits in a unit of 4, you'll get 2 that got hit 2 time, and 2 that are hit one time. The 2 models that are hit 2 time will receive at best 3 wounds not 4.

Lets assume all 6 hits wounds. You got 2 models that will receive 2 wounds that will be double for a max of 3 (number of wounds on the profil), not 4. The last two will have 1 wound that is double. Conclusion, the 6 hits, 6 wounds become 10 wounds, so 3 models and 1 spare wounds.

Hope I'm clear...

Mercules
16-11-2011, 11:29
It depend on the number of models in the unit. if you do 6 hits in a unit of 4, you'll get 2 that got hit 2 time, and 2 that are hit one time. The 2 models that are hit 2 time will receive at best 3 wounds not 4.

Lets assume all 6 hits wounds. You got 2 models that will receive 2 wounds that will be double for a max of 3 (number of wounds on the profil), not 4. The last two will have 1 wound that is double. Conclusion, the 6 hits, 6 wounds become 10 wounds, so 3 models and 1 spare wounds.

Hope I'm clear...

You are clear, but wrong.

Each hit does a wound. That wound is multiplied into 2 wounds capped at the model's Wound score on the profile. In this case you can't do over 3 to a single model but since each wound does 2 you are fine. So add up all the little 2s and remove the appropriate number of models. 12 wounds removes 4 models.

Yes it is that simple but people keep getting it wrong.

narrativium
16-11-2011, 12:05
It depend on the number of models in the unit. if you do 6 hits in a unit of 4, you'll get 2 that got hit 2 time, and 2 that are hit one time.This is where you went wrong. You allocated individual hits to individual rank-and-file models. Rank-and-file don't take hits individually; the unit takes hits, and individuals die when the unit's suffered enough wounds.

Skipschnitz
18-11-2011, 13:59
This is where you went wrong. You allocated individual hits to individual rank-and-file models. Rank-and-file don't take hits individually; the unit takes hits, and individuals die when the unit's suffered enough wounds.

"Multi-wound models and Multi-wound weapons"
If a unit of creatures with more than 1 wound on their profile is hit by a weapon that causes multiple wounds, determine how many wounds are caused on each model individually (remember that each model cannot suffer more wounds than it has on it's profile).

Even though the rulebook says "individually"? To me, it would be 6 flaming wounds, distributed and doubled individually according to the rule, equals 3 dead yhetees. :confused:

Tregar
18-11-2011, 14:36
Why did you stop reading there? Read the next sentence. Add up all the wounds caused (it's 6 hits, each doubled to two wounds making 12 wounds) and remove the appropriate number of models. Don't distribute the hits to actual models, you only do that in the case of separating hits on characters from units, which obviously isn't relevant to this case.

Consider, you have a unit of 3 Ogres. The unit has suffered two wounds. The unit is then hit by a cannonball that does two wounds. You don't go "oh, the wounded Ogre takes the hit, so 1 wound caused", you go, "The unit has taken two more wounds. So that means one Ogre is killed, and the unit has suffered one wound". It's a pool of wounds, shared by the unit, not a collection of individuals with their own number of wounds.

Skipschnitz
18-11-2011, 15:21
So, 6 hits would then remove 12 dryads? That in no way seems broken. :rolleyes:

I posted that because my reply/question was to "individual". Also, if you are to add up all the wounds first before allocation, then how would you ever be able to put more wounds on a model than it has on its profile? It makes that part of the rule irrelevant as it would never apply if you just add up the total.

Skipschnitz
18-11-2011, 15:31
Why did you stop reading there? Read the next sentence. Add up all the wounds caused (it's 6 hits, each doubled to two wounds making 12 wounds) and remove the appropriate number of models. Don't distribute the hits to actual models, you only do that in the case of separating hits on characters from units, which obviously isn't relevant to this case.

Consider, you have a unit of 3 Ogres. The unit has suffered two wounds. The unit is then hit by a cannonball that does two wounds. You don't go "oh, the wounded Ogre takes the hit, so 1 wound caused", you go, "The unit has taken two more wounds. So that means one Ogre is killed, and the unit has suffered one wound". It's a pool of wounds, shared by the unit, not a collection of individuals with their own number of wounds.

That's not how you work out wounds for a cannonball. There is no pool of wounds. In your example, you would only be able to kill one ogre, even if it had only one wound left and you rolled a 6 for the number of wounds...unless you hit the unit in the flank. Page 113 main rulebook: "Who's Been Hit?...A maximum of one model per rank struck can be hit....If the cannonball bounces into a monstrous infantry/beast/cavalry or monster, that model suffers a hit. However, if the monster or monstrous """" is not slain, the sheer bulk of the creature robs the cannonball of all momentum and the shot travels no further." You can only kill one model per rank, the same as you would for a bolt thrower. ;)

Tregar
18-11-2011, 15:37
What is your opposition to reading all the rules together? You will get absolutely nowhere if you take one line without the whole picture. The bit in brackets says (remember that each model cannot suffer more wounds than it has on its profile). This means that you can cause 2 wounds several times to a unit comprising models with 2 or more wounds each, and apply them to the pool of wounds of the models in the unit. But if you do 6 hits to a unit of flammable 1-wound models, you will remove 6 models, as the rules clearly say. It is wilful ignorance to suggest otherwise.

You'll also note that Dryads aren't even Flammable. Don't try and be smart, just be smart, it's much better :D

Mercules
18-11-2011, 15:42
So, 6 hits would then remove 12 dryads? That in no way seems broken. :rolleyes:

I posted that because my reply/question was to "individual".

Single Wound models do not follow the rules for Multiple Wound models... oddly enough. :D

Also, if you are to add up all the wounds first before allocation, then how would you ever be able to put more wounds on a model than it has on its profile? It makes that part of the rule irrelevant as it would never apply if you just add up the total.

You allocate HITS to the models. When hit with a multiple wound weapon multiple wound models can take up to, but not more than they have wounds on their profile. You then add up all the wounds done on the UNIT and remove the proper number of MODELS. So, character with a 1d6 weapon and 10 attacks hits a RnF Ogre in a unit 10 times. He rolls 8 successful wounds, which are not saved in any way. He then multiplies them by rolling 8d6 and rolls: 4, 5, 1, 2, 5, 3, 4, 2. This actually turns into: 3, 3, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 2 which equals 20 wounds. 3 Wounds per Ogre means you now remove 6 RnF models and note there are still 2 wounds on the UNIT.

Tregar
18-11-2011, 15:45
Hehe, although they DO share the same rule that models can't suffer more wounds than are on their profiles. 6 cannonball hits can only ever kill 6 Dryads, or 6 Ogres, or 6 anythings...

Skipschnitz
18-11-2011, 16:00
A cannonball can only hit and kill one model per rank as per its rules. There is no pooling of wounds for a cannonball. In the example, one ogre is killed...unless you fired into its flank, but then you would roll the d6 for each model.

I don't see where I'm not following the rules for the flammable or multi-wound. I inflict 6 flaming wounds. The first wound is doubled (per the rules) and does 2 wounds to the model/unit. The second wound is doubled, but only inflicts 1 wound which is sufficient to kill a whole model (which follows the rules that you can't inflict more wounds than a model has on its individual profile), I repeat this for the remainder of the wounds, and I now add/calculate the total wounds (as per the rules) and I remove 9 wounds worth of models (according to the rules). Where on page 45 does it say "pool of wounds"? "Determine how many wounds are caused on each model individually..." You determine what kills that model first before you procede to the next.

Skipschnitz
18-11-2011, 16:01
My bad on the Dryads...you figure, little tree guys, ya know. :o

Tregar
18-11-2011, 16:33
The second wound is doubled, but only inflicts 1 wound which is sufficient to kill a whole model (which follows the rules that you can't inflict more wounds than a model has on its individual profile)

You've caused 2 wounds. The model has 3 wounds on its profile. 2 is less than 3. Therefore, the individual hit caused 2 wounds.

Now that you've read past the bit you quoted, I'm going to have to send you back ;) Go look at "models with more than 1 wound". In this case, it states that the UNIT suffers wounds, not the individual models. Hence the attempt to simplify it by referring it to a pool of wounds. Either way, same thing. Note that it says "Should a unit suffer wounds, you must remove as many whole models as possible. You are not allowed to spread the wounds throughout the unit to avoid suffering casualties, tempting though it may be to do so". And that is exactly what you are trying to do. 12 wounds is 4 dead 3 wound models. You don't go "two wounds on this one, then only one wound", as that directly contradicts that passage (which applies to all forms of damage caused). Instead you go "two wounds on the unit... then another two wounds... then another.... and again and again, and again." Add em up, you get 12. Or, 4 dead monstrous infantry.

Understandable mistake on the Dryads, I was quite outraged one game where I had the flaming banner and did a wound on a Branchwraith, expecting her to die outright, only to have it pointed out she doesn't have the rule. Boo hiss! :D

Mercules
18-11-2011, 16:49
A cannonball can only hit and kill one model per rank as per its rules. There is no pooling of wounds for a cannonball. In the example, one ogre is killed...unless you fired into its flank, but then you would roll the d6 for each model.

I don't see where I'm not following the rules for the flammable or multi-wound. I inflict 6 flaming wounds. The first wound is doubled (per the rules) and does 2 wounds to the model/unit. The second wound is doubled, but only inflicts 1 wound which is sufficient to kill a whole model (which follows the rules that you can't inflict more wounds than a model has on its individual profile), I repeat this for the remainder of the wounds, and I now add/calculate the total wounds (as per the rules) and I remove 9 wounds worth of models (according to the rules). Where on page 45 does it say "pool of wounds"? "Determine how many wounds are caused on each model individually..." You determine what kills that model first before you procede to the next.

You are wrong about the cannon ball example as well. It can only HIT one model per rank the rules say nothing about killing them. :)

Your mistake is simple. You don't determine who has died till the end. You simply go, "Is 2 more than 3? No ok that gets added into the wounds done. Is 2 more than 3? No, ok, that gets added into the wounds done." then at the END you add up all the little 2s and then you subtract the wounds... just like it says.

Add up all wounds caused on the unit and then remove the appropriate number of models, noting any spare wounds on the unit.

That is where we are getting the "pool" idea. It is a simple way to explain it to people who, "Don't get it."

Joeman169
18-11-2011, 19:11
You are wrong about the cannon ball example as well. It can only HIT one model per rank the rules say nothing about killing them. :)

Your mistake is simple. You don't determine who has died till the end. You simply go, "Is 2 more than 3? No ok that gets added into the wounds done. Is 2 more than 3? No, ok, that gets added into the wounds done." then at the END you add up all the little 2s and then you subtract the wounds... just like it says.

That is where we are getting the "pool" idea. It is a simple way to explain it to people who, "Don't get it."

You need to read the rules about Canons my friend, it does say you must kill a model( as Skipsnitz said, monstrous infantry, beast, Calvary, or monster) before moving to the next model. Wound the model, roll for multi wound, if you kill him, then roll to wound the next and so on till you kill everything in you canon balls range or until you don't kill the model. Please read Under "who's been hit" in the canon section;)

Joeman169
18-11-2011, 20:18

Hope I'm clear...

You are clear, and when I started this thread I was sure it was right. My buddy Ben and I were discussing my killing of Yhetees and what was proper, causing the post.

I have read and looked throughout and cannot find examples of randomizing and how to do it on units. To get to my original post of 6 Yehtees, how do we determine that each is hit one time and then the other 2 go onto two of the models? Here is my own example that I think kills this idea...

A 3d6 fireball is cast at a unit of 10 elf type Spearmen, I roll 12 hits on the unit, do we discount the extra 2 fireballs? Do we roll seperately for each model that was hit multiple times and then 8 vs the other 8 Spearmen? If we roll the one way and we miss 2 wounds on models on 2 of the single rolls they live no matter what. If we just roll all 12 dice out to wound and miss 2 all 10 still die, right? We all roll all 12 dice all the time. I cannot find where you would do anything differently for Yhetees?

When you multiply the flaming hit vs flammable, I cannot find where you randomize who or how many are hit with each different number of wounds.

I think GW dropped the ball here and it is not the right way to do it...but, I think you roll for the number of hits, roll to wound, make saves and then multiply for flammable models and then remove models.

Only difference is if you could potentially do more wounds per hit than a model has on it's profile, then you max the multiplier on each dice at the profiles wound.

Mercules
18-11-2011, 21:40
You need to read the rules about Canons my friend, it does say you must kill a model( as Skipsnitz said, monstrous infantry, beast, Calvary, or monster) before moving to the next model. Wound the model, roll for multi wound, if you kill him, then roll to wound the next and so on till you kill everything in you canon balls range or until you don't kill the model. Please read Under "who's been hit" in the canon section;)

That determines who is "hit" there is no mythical "You can only kill one model per rank." rule. In fact I know of at least one case where I can hit 1 Monstrous Infantry model and kill 2 with a Cannonball. You can only "Hit" one model per Rank however.

Mercules
18-11-2011, 21:46
When you multiply the flaming hit vs flammable, I cannot find where you randomize who or how many are hit with each different number of wounds.

You don't. Determine who is hit. So if you could have a non-flaming character in with flaming multiple wound RnF models you would distribute the hits evenly. So hypothetical 3 Yhettee and a Tyrant. 9 hits from a fireball means each model takes 2 hits for sure and 1 the owning player assigns where he likes. He decides the Tyrant. Roll to wound for the Tyrant, 3 dice, make saves, mark his wounds. Each Yhettee was HIT twice so six in total against their toughness. Figure out how many wound... say we got lucky and got 4... multiply times 2 so 8, remove two full Yhetee and mark 2 wounds on that last one.

It really is that simple.

Skipschnitz
19-11-2011, 02:05
That determines who is "hit" there is no mythical "You can only kill one model per rank." rule. In fact I know of at least one case where I can hit 1 Monstrous Infantry model and kill 2 with a Cannonball. You can only "Hit" one model per Rank however.

Dude?!? I may be ready to concede the multi wound thing and flammable....but there's no way I'm buying that cannon two dead for one hit stuff. :shifty:

Mercules
19-11-2011, 04:39
Dude?!? I may be ready to concede the multi wound thing and flammable....but there's no way I'm buying that cannon two dead for one hit stuff. :shifty:

It is a very rare case.

Multi-Wound RnF and Champion. You have to be down to a single RnF model and Champ. Both need wounds, one has to have only 1 wound remaining. Cannon hits RnF model and rolls 3+ for wounds. You end up doing 3 total, apply it to the UNIT and the RnF model dies from the 1 or 2 wounds. The last wound or two carries over to the Champ(as wounds carry from the unit to the Champ if there is no RnF left) who dies as he loses his last wound. Now technically it is not one hit as they had to be hit earlier in the game to have the wounds, but one hit finishes them both off.

You need the Champ because he can carry wounds separate from the other RnF members of his unit. This won't happen if you hit the Champ as wounds left over when he dies do not carry over to RnF models, only the other way around.

H33D
19-11-2011, 04:51
6 flammable 3 wound models get hit and wounded by 8 flaming arrows.
2 models get hit twice each, 4 models get hit once each.
Each model hit twice takes 4 wounds which is capped at 3 each for a total of 6 wounds or 2 models.
Each model hit once take 2 wounds each which is less than 3 so they are fine, but they take a total of 8 wounds. 8 wounds is two dead models leaving two wounds against one of the last remaining models.
The total is 14 wounds, 4 dead models (3x4=12) and two wounds against one model.
NOT 8x2=16. It is not that simple.

narrativium
19-11-2011, 13:25
It is that simple, because you're being inconsistent.

Let's make it simple. Let's have two units of Yhetees, one with two models and one with four, each of which is hit and wounded by 4 flaming arrows.

Each model in the unit of four takes two wounds, which is less than 3 so they take all of them. Rather than leave four models with one wound each, we group the wounds together and get a total of 8 wounds. We thus remove two dead Yhetees (6 wounds) and take two off a third Yhetee.

Think about how that works: three of those arrows took two wounds off an individual Yhetee, and the fourth arrow took a wound each off two Yhetees. Or, put another way, one Yhetee took a fourth wound and it transferred to one of his mates.

Each model in the unit of two is wounded by two arrows. Each arrow causes two wounds which is less than 3, so they take all the damage. This again results in 8 wounds, because we're consistent. It's only because the unit is dead than the excess two wounds are wasted.

The unit of six Yhetees works exactly the same. Each arrow causes two wounds. The models which take two arrows each suffer four wounds and the excess wounds transfer.

Each multiplying wound caps at the wounds on the Yhetee profile. The total is free to go over.

8 x 2 = 16. Simple.

H33D
19-11-2011, 15:14
For a model hit twice, he will take 4 wounds but that is capped at 3 because that is the number of wounds on his profile, correct?
Unless I am mistaken and it is only when a single wound is multiplied that it can't exceed their total number of starting wounds?

Mercules
19-11-2011, 15:15
NOT 8x2=16. It is not that simple.

According to the rule book... it is that simple. Trust me, I've been playing Ogres for years and while the explanation changed to something much clearer, the rules has not changed from 7th to 8th.

Cap at wounds on profile, add up, remove whole models, note excess. Done.

narrativium
19-11-2011, 15:53
For a model hit twice, he will take 4 wounds but that is capped at 3 because that is the number of wounds on his profile, correct?
No. Each multiplying wound caps at his profile, the total may go over. Your own example of four models taking four flaming arrows was a demonstration of this.

Unless I am mistaken and it is only when a single wound is multiplied that it can't exceed their total number of starting wounds?
This is correct.

Joeman169
19-11-2011, 17:27
You don't. Determine who is hit. So if you could have a non-flaming character in with flaming multiple wound RnF models you would distribute the hits evenly. So hypothetical 3 Yhettee and a Tyrant. 9 hits from a fireball means each model takes 2 hits for sure and 1 the owning player assigns where he likes. He decides the Tyrant. Roll to wound for the Tyrant, 3 dice, make saves, mark his wounds. Each Yhettee was HIT twice so six in total against their toughness. Figure out how many wound... say we got lucky and got 4... multiply times 2 so 8, remove two full Yhetee and mark 2 wounds on that last one.

It really is that simple.

You changed the whole scenario, you added a character and made it less than 5 models in the unit. That is spelled out how to hit and and who gets hit. The only place in the rulebook that it

6 Yhetees Takes the fireball. How do you determine the number of wounds? I was up to distributing them evenly against each models, but the more I read I cannot find that spelled out anywhere. I now think you just roll all hits vs the unit, double for flamming wounds, and then total wounds and remove models. As long as no one die yields more than the 3 wounds on the profile.

Give me a reference please for units.

Mercules
19-11-2011, 18:48
You changed the whole scenario, you added a character and made it less than 5 models in the unit. That is spelled out how to hit and and who gets hit. The only place in the rulebook that it

6 Yhetees Takes the fireball. How do you determine the number of wounds? I was up to distributing them evenly against each models, but the more I read I cannot find that spelled out anywhere. I now think you just roll all hits vs the unit, double for flamming wounds, and then total wounds and remove models. As long as no one die yields more than the 3 wounds on the profile.

Give me a reference please for units.

You still distribute them evenly. I even added in a character to illustrate the point. The point is that any hit that goes to the rank and file models is, like you said, after wounding; just added up. With the flaming or multiple wound weapons you simply multiple them out before adding them together and then remove whole models.

This really isn't that abstract a concept.

1. Distribute hits evenly, controlling player decides who takes left over wounds.
2. Roll to wound.
3. Multiple wounds, no single wound can multiple into more than the Wound score on a model's profile.
4. Add up all wounds on RnF models and remove appropriate amount of RnF models noting any left over wounds on the unit.

Joeman169
19-11-2011, 23:41
You still distribute them evenly. I even added in a character to illustrate the point. The point is that any hit that goes to the rank and file models is, like you said, after wounding; just added up. With the flaming or multiple wound weapons you simply multiple them out before adding them together and then remove whole models.

This really isn't that abstract a concept.

1. Distribute hits evenly, controlling player decides who takes left over wounds.
2. Roll to wound.
3. Multiple wounds, no single wound can multiple into more than the Wound score on a model's profile.
4. Add up all wounds on RnF models and remove appropriate amount of RnF models noting any left over wounds on the unit.

You are still talking about the character being in the unit. Where else( give reference) do you see anything about distributing evenly? It is only when a character is in the unit.

You shoot 15 shots into a 10 man infantry unit...do you distribute evenly? No, you just roll to wound and remove models.

H33D
20-11-2011, 05:31
Can someone quote the part of the rule that says each single wound can't be multiplied into more wounds than the model has on its profile? All I can find is after allocating hits it says to determine the wounds on each model being careful not to exceed the number of wounds on its profile.

narrativium
20-11-2011, 11:12
Where does it say anything about allocating hits? I haven't yet seen anything suggesting 'X Yhetees take two hits, Y Yhetees take one hit' - I've only seen that you hit models in the unit, wound models in the unit, and remove whole models rather than allocating wounds indidivually.

Mercules
20-11-2011, 15:04
It comes into play if there is a character in the Unit with less than 5 RnF models. Then you have to distribute. I put it in there to be complete, I'll go back and edit it.

Mercules
20-11-2011, 15:09
Can someone quote the part of the rule that says each single wound can't be multiplied into more wounds than the model has on its profile? All I can find is after allocating hits it says to determine the wounds on each model being careful not to exceed the number of wounds on its profile.

Pg. 45 Hits Inflicting Multiple Wounds, 4th sentence then again under Multi-wound Models and Multi-wound Weapons, 1st sentence in parenthetical.