PDA

View Full Version : Forge World on New Necrons

Dark Primus
14-11-2011, 11:39
Now when the New Necrons are out and people are getting a feel for the new models and their new rules and stats, I'm wondering what potential ideas are people interested to see from Forge World to boost the Necrons even further?

What I myself is interested to see:
New Scarab models, since FW are good in making and adding good details to models, new scarabs could be good.

Nightbringer and Deciever getting the Apocalypse treatment, they are no longer part of the new Codex, their models only represents standard C'tans now from what I know.
New models, new stats and special rules making them just as worthy as FW Greater Daemons.

Necron Walker Titan, basically has the main body of a Destroyer, legs as a Spyder with new awesome array of weapons.

Any ideas of your own you want to share?

Fawful
14-11-2011, 11:48
Well they describe a super heavy in the codex, a monolith so large that the parts falling off are actually smaller monoliths. It wouldn't make for an interesting model though. I'd like to see something akin to a big tomb stalker with heavy weaponry and revival capabilities. Some sort of last defence for a tomb world as they would drain a lot of power.

Ordo Hydra
14-11-2011, 11:57
I wouldn't mind seeing the old Necron War Engines like the Aeonic Orb and stuff like that. Also perhaps a larger C'tan Shard for use against enemy Titans.

Aluinn
14-11-2011, 12:01
I'd just like to see normal-sized C'tan Shards for some of the new C'tan mentioned in the codex: Nyadra'zatha the Burning One, Llandru'gor the Flayer, etc.

I think FW make far too many things that can only be used in non-standard games (like Apoc, which is swiftly becoming outdated anyway), and that they'd both make better profits and please more customers if they produced more stuff that could be used in regular 40K/Fantasy, either with counts-as rules or just where a unit could have a lot of different physical variations; there are plenty of options there for stuff that GW will never do themselves, and "extra" C'tan are a good example.

Chem-Dog
14-11-2011, 12:29
New Scarab models, since FW are good in making and adding good details to models, new scarabs could be good.

Without a doubt. Just look at the Tyranid Ripper swarms (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Tyranids/TYRANID-RIPPER-SWARMS.html), Scarab swarms like that would be Mint.

Nightbringer and Deciever getting the Apocalypse treatment, they are no longer part of the new Codex, their models only represents standard C'tans now from what I know.
New models, new stats and special rules making them just as worthy as FW Greater Daemons.

The new fluff would seem to suggest that combining a shard or two would be an impossibly bad idea, like crossing the streams bad.....
So sure, by all means combine a couple of shards but be prepared for the consequences as the C'tan maybe regains enough sense to start getting revenge for being fragmented in the first place.
But yeah. FW C'tan would be mighty sexy things to behold, given how nice the current Citadel ones are.

The modular nature of the Ark set is screaming out for a superheavy, by combining two kits you can have a massive doomsday gun (which is as close to an Apoc gun as you can get in regular 40K) or a super big Ghost Ark.

There's a line about the Lords tranferring themselves to larger and larger bodies, the logical progression of this is an apoc scale MC or SH vehicle. They'd probably be a little on the loopy side though....

TimLeeson
14-11-2011, 13:15
I want them to do what GW failed to do and allow pure Capotek armies for those of us that don't want bipeds as troops. Wraiths, Spyders, Stalkers, Wraith-lords and other weird constructs...

Eddie Chaos
14-11-2011, 13:16
A conversion kit for an alternate monolith would be pretty simple for them to do

I would also like a nice big C'tan shard. Perhaps 5 or 6 shards get combined to form the big bad antagonist of a future imperial armour book?

cuda1179
14-11-2011, 13:33
SUperheavy Necron Flier

Basically a super heavy version of the doom scythe.

SunTzu
14-11-2011, 13:34
Something Titan-sized. Non-humanoid, because humanoid => Necrontyr => approx the size of a Necron warrior. The Tomb Stalker from FW is a wonderful example of the kind of thing I mean, though it's nowhere near big enough for what I want. I'm thinking, something like this (http://media.photobucket.com/image/necron%20titan%20tomb%20stalker/Nezmith/tombstalker.jpg). (The sketch calls it a "Tomb Stalker" but that name is taken now).

sgtspiff
14-11-2011, 13:42
I would love to see the necron counterpart to khorne blood slaughterer or the imp guard gorgon assault transport.

(I know that's close to the tomb stalker and a large ghost ark).

AlphariusOmegon20
14-11-2011, 14:27
You can already use the Tomb Stalker in normal games ( You do need IA Apoc 2nd ed. to do so though)

Perhaps that book signifies a move company wide to including more units in normal games that are not in your codex.

Damien 1427
14-11-2011, 18:21
New C'Tan Shards, variants of existing things like Canoptek Wraiths, maybe the much-rumoured-and-sadly-fictional Necromancer.

Maybe a Destroyer the size of a tank or superheavy? With a tiny, normal-sized Necron head.

Dark Primus
15-11-2011, 11:30
I like the idea for possible Necron weapon platforms, either for anti-tank, or anti infantry weapons that also help guard tomb cities.