PDA

View Full Version : Breath Attack being flame attack

Iraf
14-11-2011, 22:23
I could of sworn that I read that the Breath attack is considered flammable, yet I can't seem to find where I read it. Wondering if I'm mistaken, and just making up a rule.

Mr_Rose
14-11-2011, 22:28
I could of sworn that I read that the Breath attack is considered flammable, yet I can't seem to find where I read it. Wondering if I'm mistaken, and just making up a rule.
"Breath Weapon" is a special rule that can have additional sub-rules, but doesn't have to. Just having the "Breath Weapon" rule on a creature doesn't actually tell you what the weapon does, just how to work out what it hits. Any additional special rules should be listed with the weapon's strength and save modifier, which can vary a lot between different breath weapons.

AMWOOD co
15-11-2011, 11:50
As a powerful example of what Mr_Rose said, we shall look at the model with the most breath weapons in the game: Galrauch. He has 3:
S4 Flaming Attack
S2 with -3 Armour Save
Breath of Change: each hit means pass a T test or die, no saves.
Only one has flaming attacks, but each of the others have their own advantages (especially change). Also, note that this isn't complete, I know I left somethings out in my description above.

Iraf
15-11-2011, 18:41
Odd that the Kadon spell creatures don't cause flaming attacks. Especially the Great Fire Dragon. I think that GW just forgot to add that rule to them ;)

Mr_Rose
15-11-2011, 20:00
Odd that the Kadon spell creatures don't cause flaming attacks. Especially the Great Fire Dragon. I think that GW just forgot to add that rule to them ;)
Oh, that specific case was issued errata. Along with both the great fire dragon and mountain chimaera getting the Large Target rule.