PDA

View Full Version : Could someone please explain to me...

Kiro
03-06-2005, 19:35
...what exactly a Zoat is? I've been out of the loop for a while, but I know they're vaguely centaur-like creatures from the RT era. With the release of the new 'Nids codex everyone seems to be talking about them. Am I missing something? What's all the fuss about :wtf:

Captain Blood
03-06-2005, 19:49
The Zoats were an abassador class of Tyranid creatures who came to parlay with other races. I would assume the idea is that they get them to lay down their arms and when the fleet arrives, everyone doesn't know what hit them. They can form their own culture and civilisation when separated from the hive mind, so a colony of them cut off for whatever reasons tend to have them doing whatever they do. That should most of the main points, aside from them being fairly strong, psionically endowed, IIRC, and feeding on some proteiny biscuit called Zoatibix. Really.

That and they appeared in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, sans Tyranids, hive fleets, and Zoatibix. They were just really cool good guy creatures that were fairly tough.

Kiro
03-06-2005, 22:48
Let me get this straight: they were "good" ambassadorial tyranids? :wtf:

Typheron
03-06-2005, 23:17
not good really, they were used to talk races into surrendering to the hive mind although i think they were given a bit too much free will and a few of them walked away from there roles and freelanced.

they would probably be used on the tau to keep them distracted while the main hive fleet got ready to eat there planet. There about as nice as anything else in the 40k universe.

Kiro
04-06-2005, 01:39
Odd, very, very odd.

After considering what you've said, how could anyone possibly say the Tau are out of place in the 40k universe :wtf:

DantesInferno
04-06-2005, 03:31
Keep in mind they've been pretty much eradicated from the background, as well as the rules, in a pretty similar way to the Squats (but let's not go there). I for one think it's a good thing GW delete their dumb race concepts rather than perpeptuating them.

There was a recent thread on them, funnily enough, here:
http://www.portent.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1958&page=1

Kiro
04-06-2005, 03:36
Keep in mind they've been pretty much eradicated from the background, as well as the rules, in a pretty similar way to the Squats (but let's not go there). I for one think it's a good thing GW delete their dumb race concepts rather than perpeptuating them.

Hmm, it seems that way....although best we keep it down, in case the diehards come after us! :eek:

neXus6
04-06-2005, 05:20
But SQUA...*WHACK*

:p
Nah, I accept that it's a good idea, Zoats are okay from the Warhammer RolePlay side but their 40k background ... lol ... left a bit to be desired.