PDA

View Full Version : Mark of Tzeentch

friendsofrhomb
17-11-2011, 07:01
Does the Mark of Tzeentch ward save stack with a parry save? The way its worded makes me think that it does.

IE- a warrior of chaos with a HW and shield has a 3+ armour save, and a 5+ Parry save, or a 6+ ward against non close combat attacks.

Can anyone tell me if im right, or better yet point me to a GW reference that clears this up?

TheOneHawk
17-11-2011, 07:02
Yes it does. Parry is a ward save, MoT stacks with ward saves.

friendsofrhomb
17-11-2011, 07:08
It also says the the parry save does not stack with other wards, thats why its caused a bit of confusion to my gaming group. Im assuming that its a matter of priority, since you get the parry save, THEN the mark adds to it, it doesnt count as the parry save stacking on the mark. At least thats the way I understand it, my local WoC player believes differently

TheOneHawk
17-11-2011, 07:10
The parry save does not stack, but MoT does. You only need one stackable for them to stack. For instance, Talisman of Protection does not stack, and neither does parry, so you only get a 4+ if you're entitled to both of them, however MoT does stack, taking ToP down to 3+, and parry to 5+

friendsofrhomb
17-11-2011, 07:18
Cheers for the explanation, that's how I interpreted the rule as well. I shall pass it along to my group