PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Scouts

dioscuri
17-04-2006, 23:23
Hey all,

I'm currently musing whether or not to start Space Wolves and was wondering whether Wolf Scouts could carry sniper rifles? With some help from the Middenheimer head sprue and the new plastic sniper sprue I feel I could have some wicked conversions but could i use them? Cheers!

Acolyte
17-04-2006, 23:33
IIRC, they can either be outfitted like regular Marine squads, or, using the WS outfitting rules, they can take two or so. Not a full squad, though.

Escaflowne_Z
18-04-2006, 10:54
Hmmm, good question, I dunno if the whole squad could take them or not. I know that they can be carried by scouts though.

However...wolf scouts work best when they come on behind enemy lines. Only these guys can do it and they are VERY good at doing basically whatever they want since they have such a broad range of weaponry available. My friend plays his with a powersword, meltagun, plasmagun, and meltabombs. Dead arty/tanks/command squad/devastator squad/anything! for such a low price? Wish I could take them, too.

t-tauri
18-04-2006, 11:10
You can have one squad of Space Wolves scouts using the same options as Codex SM, so you can have a squad with sniper rifles. Other Wolf Scout squads are limited to two sniper rifles, but if you're using Operate behind enemy lines you'd be mad to take them in that squad.

Wolf Scout Ewan
18-04-2006, 11:22
T-tauri is correct.

Grimtuff
18-04-2006, 13:21
...but if you're using Operate behind enemy lines you'd be mad to take them in that squad.

I'll have to disagree on that, but that was down to circumstances.... (As I use a "take all comers" list and had to get rid of some Lobbas ;) )

dioscuri
18-04-2006, 21:45
Cheers everyone, I may not actually do it, I just like the idea of 5 beardy old snipers! Meh, if it works it works, my armies are always style over substance...;)

Wolf Lord Duregar
18-04-2006, 21:57
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60030101005&orignav=9...

Grimtuff
18-04-2006, 21:59
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=60030101005&orignav=9...

Yes, it's a picture of a SW codex. So what?

People miss stuff tucked away in unit entrie you know.

Seleucus
18-04-2006, 23:48
A unit of infiltrating wolf scouts can be very useful at keeping your opponent back as you wait for your Drop Pods/Obel guys to appear.

I certainly intend to make up such a unit as soon as I can get my hands on the sniper box.

Seleucus