PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2.5k new army

Dreadlordpaul
19-11-2011, 15:01
Lord
Arch Lector+ additional Hand weapon+ Armour of Meteoric Iron +Holy Relic+ Van Horstmans Speculum 231 points

Wizard Lord 285 points (Heavens)
+1 Magic Level
Talisman Of Presevation
Rod Of Power

Heros

Captain +Full Plate Armour BSB with the banner of eternal flame 98 points
Master Engineer 65 points
Master Engineer 65 points

Core
20x hand gunners 195 points
Full Command
Repeater handgun for the marksman

10x crossbow men (Detachment for the hand gunners) 80 points

20x hand gunners 195 points
Full Command
Repeater handgun for the marksman

10x crossbowmen (Detachment For the Hand Gunners) 80 points

20x crossbowmen 180
Full command

10x hand gunners (Detachment for the crossbowmen) 80 points

20x crossbowmen 180
Full command

10x hand gunners (Detachment for crossbowmen) 80 points

Special
Great cannon 100 points

Great Cannon 100 points

Great Cannon 100 points

Mortar 75 points

Mortar 75 points

Mortar 75 points

Rare
Helstrom Rocket Battery 115 points
Total Points 2466
All criticism is welcome :)

BigbyWolf
19-11-2011, 16:49
Probably could do with some combat troops, as soon as anything reasonably hitty reaches your lines, you'll be in trouble.

I hope your opponents like gun-lines, because if not I can't see them wanting to play against that list more than once (if at all), and if it's tournaments you're thinking of, then:

Probably could do with some combat troops, as soon as anything reasonably hitty reaches your lines, you'll be in trouble.

Dreadlordpaul
19-11-2011, 18:53
Yeah for tournaments but also for these 2 people who I regulary play who take cheesey lists so I plan to give them a taste of their own medicine :D

calnen
20-11-2011, 14:40
It needs unbreakables to hold up the fastest / most armoured / scariest enemy unit while you shoot the rest.
- Tank
- War Altar (With Meteoric Iron and Dawnstone)
- small blocks of greatswords or flagellants, arranged as conga-lines if you want to be a real *****. (But don't do this unless you *know* this is a win-at-all-costs environment!)
- Drop a few guns to pay for this. As it stands, your army will be 50 models wide. If you get rid of a few regular guys, you can shrink the frontage down and deploy on one flank. This helps minimise the number of targets you need to worry about at once.

Lord Solar Plexus
20-11-2011, 15:51
That can be a daunting prospect if things go well. I'd run it like that at least once to give it a try. Adding combat troops might be necessary but will water it down.

Just remember that 20 Musketeers at long range will only kill 4-5 unarmoured T3 guys in the open. In some instances, it can be frustrating to kill just one.

Btw, your BSB is illegal. A BSB with a magic banner can have next to no equipment. Full plate and a barded horse are about it.

Dreadlordpaul
20-11-2011, 19:01
Oh I had no idea he couldnt have the gun or shield

ImperiusDominatus
20-11-2011, 20:54
Oh I had no idea he couldnt have the gun or shield
He can, just no magic items.

Korraz
20-11-2011, 20:58
Unless he was errata'd, he can't. Look at the BSB entry.

ImperiusDominatus
21-11-2011, 19:22
Unless he was errata'd, he can't. Look at the BSB entry.
No, you're right, my mistake. I just thought he was only restricted on magic items, sorry.

Dreadlordpaul
22-11-2011, 06:11
Well I plan to ally this army with my 2.5k vampire counts horde army so I feel sorry for the person who has to face it