PDA

View Full Version : GW's Bag of Trees

Tarliyn
19-11-2011, 16:19
I loved the bag of trees that GW used to produce. No assembly, no painting, really durable, looked good, and was a decent enough scale. But they stopped making them before I got around to buying any (always just put it off).

Anybody know of something similiar? The biggest things I liked about the GW ones were durability and scale. I have tried making some using tree armatures/foilage and they neither looked good or were durable. How are the battlefield in a box trees do they fit the warhammer scale? Should I get small or large and what is the difference? Is there anything else cool that I don't know about?

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yabbadabba
19-11-2011, 21:12
This should get moved Tarilyn, but I would recommend you look online for model railway companies.

K+M used to make GW's trees. I wouldn't worry too much on size, buy what you think looks good. For GW they used to have mixed bags of size 2 and size 3.

This (http://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/Model%20Railway/scenery-trees-and-bushes.htm)is a UK site, but it might give you some ideas.

Tarliyn
19-11-2011, 21:22
Awesome thanks for the heads up on the k+m stuff. Yeah pretty much right after I hit submit I realized it was in the wrong spot. Just used to only posting here, lol.

UberBeast
19-11-2011, 21:48
This is a great website for trees with lots of variety, and it's in the USA.

http://www.sceneryexpress.com/departments.asp?dept=1001

Duke Ramulots
20-11-2011, 01:31
Go to any hobby train store and be amazed at the variety of trees, hills, rocks, rivers...

SotF
20-11-2011, 02:37
If you're going for winter stuff, there's all the christmas village trees showing up now as well. They tend to vary in price, but there are some rather cheap, nice ones

Arnizipal
20-11-2011, 02:38
Go to any hobby train store and be amazed at the variety of trees, hills, rocks, rivers...
I was going to suggest this as well.
Half of the trees I use I bought in a toy store in the model trains section. The only thing I had to do was glue them to a piece of cardboard, paint the cardboard green and add flock.

Crymson
20-11-2011, 03:27
If I'm looking on eBay for trees, what scale am I looking for? I'm seeing things like N scale. HO scale, etc

Duke Ramulots
20-11-2011, 04:13
H/O, N scale is 1/200th i think

Tarliyn
20-11-2011, 06:20
I will say to most people suggesting random hobbey stores is most trees I have seen while look great are not durable at all. That is a great appeal to me about the GW (K+M as stated earlier) trees.

Kyrolon
20-11-2011, 07:02
I will say to most people suggesting random hobbey stores is most trees I have seen while look great are not durable at all. That is a great appeal to me about the GW (K+M as stated earlier) trees.

Legends in Time sells these in the US

http://legends-in-time.com/WordPress/?page_id=1163

Tarliyn
20-11-2011, 16:12
Those trees look good. May have to check them out. Just really want something that will last.

UberBeast
20-11-2011, 16:36

I've bought over $300 in trees from scenic express and they have held up on my game table for well over a year. The game store I used to work at has hundreds of trees purchased from them which have held up for over 5 years.

GW trees are simply just repackaged generic company trees anway.