PDA

View Full Version : Hydra's Handler's

Maximus Lucifer
20-11-2011, 12:02
How do they work? technically the hydra has 7 wounds (but 5 for the breath) or does it only have 5, and if it dies, the handler's are removed?

theunwantedbeing
20-11-2011, 12:47
How do they work? technically the hydra has 7 wounds (but 5 for the breath) or does it only have 5, and if it dies, the handler's are removed?

Technically the hydra has just 5 wounds, the handlers add nothing.

Salamanders/Razordons technically have 7 wounds if you buy the additional handler(3 wounds for the creature, 3 handlers and an additional fourth handler), although they may well not benefit from all of them as when the monster dies, all it's handlers die along with it.

jtrowell
23-11-2011, 11:51
The handlers do not add nothing: they add their own attacks.

Mr_Rose
23-11-2011, 12:05
In the context of wounds, which is very clearly what theunwantedbeing was talking about, the DE War Hydra's handlers really do add nothing.
Or are you saying that the handlers add their A value to the Hydra's W value somehow? Because I think I missed that erratum.

Avian
23-11-2011, 12:22
Hydra has 5 wounds. When it dies, the handlers are removed as well.

theunwantedbeing
23-11-2011, 12:24

I love how anything I say on warseer is quoted out of context.:shifty:

brotherk
23-11-2011, 12:29
If you're in b-to-b with handler but not hydra do you still get to attack against the hydra?

theunwantedbeing
23-11-2011, 12:35
If you're in b-to-b with handler but not hydra do you still get to attack against the hydra?

That's not possible.
The handlers share the same base as the hydra, the models are just markers to remind you that they exist.

It's the same with war machine crews.

Avian
23-11-2011, 13:00
Note: you don't necessarily need to place the Handlers on the Hydra's base.
In any case, the Hydra is all that counts and it's not possible to be in base contact with the Handlers only, as they are no more than markers and their physical position is irrelevant.