PDA

View Full Version : Skirmishers and heroes

Sexiest_hero
20-11-2011, 17:56
Say I put my Doombull with some ungor raiders. He would gain the skirmish rule and they would gain his frenzy correct? If in a wood would they still be stubborn? When ranking up in combat, could they all be conga-lined behind the doombull if he was the model contacted by the charge? Would this prevent the ungor raiders from stand and shooting because the doombull is blocking LoS with his lard butt?

theunwantedbeing
20-11-2011, 18:13
Yes, yes, yes and yes as he takes up the front 2 ranks.

Mr_Rose
20-11-2011, 18:59
When a skirmishing unit ranks up for combat, it contracts into a solid formation equivalent to whatever its skirmished formation was. If that happens to be two files wide then that is what their combat formation will be.

Mercules
21-11-2011, 18:51
Insidious, but correct.

Capt._Jaelinek
22-11-2011, 12:46
The unit would not get frenzy. They would be subject to berserk rage (no extra attacks for ungors). The hero has frenzy as normal.

theunwantedbeing
22-11-2011, 13:10
The unit would not get frenzy. They would be subject to berserk rage (no extra attacks for ungors). The hero has frenzy as normal.

The Doombull causes the unit he is with the have frenzy as part of his rules.

popisdead
22-11-2011, 19:42
Insidious, but correct.

I don't see how 10 WS3 T3, no armour troops make this insidious. Anything should kill them leaving just the Doombull (if he survives without a LoS roll).

The unit would be frenzied but not have a Primal Fury roll.

Mercules
22-11-2011, 20:06
I don't see how 10 WS3 T3, no armour troops make this insidious. Anything should kill them leaving just the Doombull (if he survives without a LoS roll).

The unit would be frenzied but not have a Primal Fury roll.

Ehem....

They can't touch the RnF.

DD
DD Doombull in front

U Ungor Skirmishers

Formation is facing to the right:

UUUUDD
UUUUDD

Put the Ungors in the forest and leave the Doombull in front. Skirmishers are stubborn in the forest and you CAN'T attack them you can only attack the Doombull.

That is what is insidious about it.

popisdead
23-11-2011, 21:20
Oops sorry I missed the conga line part.

Shouldn't a Doombull be forcing LD tests not needing to take them? Ramhorn Helm and all?

brother_maynard
24-11-2011, 03:28
Oops sorry I missed the conga line part.

Shouldn't a Doombull be forcing LD tests not needing to take them? Ramhorn Helm and all?

i agree, i'm missing the entire point of this whole idea.

Sexiest_hero
24-11-2011, 20:49
They basically give the doom bull stubborn, skirmish, and make him all but immune to ballistic shooting. He protects them in combat making sure only he can be hit. I've been toyin with the Idea of a ruby ring or hunting spear on him.

popisdead
24-11-2011, 20:55
They basically give the doom bull stubborn, skirmish, and make him all but immune to ballistic shooting. He protects them in combat making sure only he can be hit. I've been toyin with the Idea of a ruby ring or hunting spear on him.

He does D3 impact at S6 on the charge. Why not use that? He is also not immune to ballistic shooting as he doesn't get a Look Our Sir! Any cannon or focused ranged weaponry will hit him.

If you have the Sword of Swift Slaying, Ramhorn Helm he's going to butcher things when he charges and he only gets better every turn of winning. You don't want him having to take a Stubborn test as then he's loosing frenzy and all those nice bonus attacks.

In fact leaving him ready to get charged is pretty dumb. "hey look at me! I'm ignore that I'm awesome in combat to die <waves Axes of Khorgor about wildly>!"

The hunting spear is the most confusing item in that army (formerly of the Wood Elf preview list of 6th ed too, so I guess some Wargor found it near Athel Loren?). You take BS 3/4? and add minuses to hit with it on a lord.

Sexiest_hero
25-11-2011, 00:08
Hunting spear and amber spear is a nifty little combo I use with a scouting Shaman. Cannons will always be nasty to doombulls, Skirmish in woods helps out against str 3 bow shots and such, I should have said small arms fire. That being said I run the single Doombull of doom, as well and the flying charmed shield doom bull.

Harwammer
25-11-2011, 13:05
Just as a heads up, but bolt throwers will also hit him (rank consisting exclusively of characters).