PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew SM Chapters

WinnebagoFever
21-11-2011, 00:21
Hey it's been awhile since I've visited Warseer (I'm just getting back into 40k) so I just wanted to launch a thread asking you to talk about some of the homebrew space marine chapters you may have going on.

Sharing is caring.

New Cult King
21-11-2011, 01:15
Tossing around the idea of a vanilla Marine force, using some of the Blood Angels minis, but painting them in shades of blue and calling them Angels of Sorrow. Instead of a blood drop, it will be painted as a teardrop.

Sounds kinda lame when I type it out like that, but I imagine it would look great.

ozcardshop
21-11-2011, 01:15
i did start a chapter a while back called Ghosts of Terra
1 of 2nd founding not listed that have been smaller in number but were there for the battle on terra

white with a black outline
and vets are grey with a black outline

ForgottenLore
21-11-2011, 01:47
Tossing around the idea of a vanilla Marine force, using some of the Blood Angels minis, but painting them in shades of blue and calling them Angels of Sorrow. Instead of a blood drop, it will be painted as a teardrop.

Sounds kinda lame when I type it out like that, but I imagine it would look great.
Actually that sounds really awesome. Excellent idea.

the gribbly
21-11-2011, 01:50
I created a home brew chapter called the Ebon Fists. Similar to the ravenguard and heavily themed around scouts and alpha strikes its comprised mostly of forward observing forces. My chapter master is named Solomon (shrike) with either thulsa kane or khan as a second hq, leaning towards kane just because hes so cool. The only armour in the list is a couple ls storms and a few pods. The vets of the force are ebonguard (sternguard) and the blackwatch (vv or ras). Sadly I haven't played a single game with it yet, I guess I just love the concept.

Spleen Hammer
21-11-2011, 02:10
I've a bunch of Ultramarines from back in the day that I dug up. I used them to make my own chapter, the Paladins of Usher. As I used Poe as inspiration and The Fall of the House of Usher for ideas, they are painted with black armor and the 'U' is painted in light grey and are generally dark and foreboding.

I really should dust them off and take 'em out for a spin again. But they haven't seen the tabletop since the early 90s, so maybe not.

sprugly
21-11-2011, 06:33
Scarlet dragons, an imperial fists successor. Red armour with white trim. Use a dragon head symbol similar (copied) to the salamandas. Fortress monestary is located on the largest moon of kamekura, a feudal world in the galactic east. First company noted for wearing black armour.

Model wise they have a slightly eastern influence. Squad and company markings as well as any other writing is done in Chinese script and any power weapons are modeled as katanas.

Check the first page of my blog for pics if you're interested.

Sprugly

Rick Blaine
21-11-2011, 07:22
Dark Angel parody chapter. Their agenda is so secret even I don't know what it is.

WinnebagoFever
22-11-2011, 00:22
The one I want to do is a Maori/Australian aborigine themed army made up entirely of Scouts, with kind of a shark theme going on. grey-blue pastel (Tau skin) armor, white helmets, with aborigine totemic designs for heraldry.