PDA

View Full Version : 1600 He Tourney List Need Feedback!!

mikers7284
21-11-2011, 02:17
Ok the whole point of this list is magic superiority, I've never seen a list like it online so I wanna know if its viable and what people think. I want to dominate the magic phase and I'm thinking this will do it.

Archmage Lv 4 Shadow or Life
Vortex Shard

Mage Lv 2 High
Sigil of Asuryan or Annulian

15 Spearmen w/ FC
17 Lothern SeaGuard w/ FC

17 Phoenix Guard w/ FC and Banner of Sorcery
8 Dragon Princes w/ FC and Rangers Standard

This puts me at 1591. Idea being Archmage shuts down magic for a turn and does standard Life/Shadow hijinks, Mage can use Sigil to burn something important/dispel and keeps drain magic up. I'm torn between the sigil or using annulian because with annulian and drain magic going thats good control but if i can destroy the dispelled spell and its the enemies linch pin it can be just as devastating. Unsure of where to place both mages as well. I'm thinking if I roll shadow then Spearmen are anvil while PG and DP's are hammers. With Life either PG or SE's can anvil. I feel kinda nervous without any bolt throwers and I dont own any eagles. I also tried another similar build but with 2 Lv 2 mages but felt uneasy as taking level 2's would make me use magic items to choose spells rather then magic control. Thanks for the help all!!!!

Edit:
Second build I toyed with at 1595-

Archmage 4 Shadow/Life
w/ 14 PG w/FC and Banner of Sorcery

Mage Lv 2 High
w/ 16 Lothern SeaGuard w/FC

10 SwordMasters

8 Dragon Princes w/ FC

16 Spearmen w/ FC

m1acca1551
21-11-2011, 06:28
Nice list, my only concern would be low rolls for winds of magic (i dont have the rule book in front of me to look at what items do) but one poor roll can mean that you have really put all your eggs in one basket.

I'd personally take arcane items that allow you +x to you winds rolls just incase you fluff your rolls.

However... you will easily control the magic phase with some good rolls at this points level.

mikers7284
23-11-2011, 21:23
awesome thank you m1acca, anyone else feedback please!!!!!!

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
24-11-2011, 04:02
Ok the whole point of this list is magic superiority, I've never seen a list like it online so I wanna know if its viable and what people think. I want to dominate the magic phase and I'm thinking this will do it.

Archmage Lv 4 Shadow or Life
Vortex Shard

Mage Lv 2 High

15 Spearmen w/ FC
17 Lothern SeaGuard w/ FC

17 Phoenix Guard w/ FC and Banner of Sorcery
8 Dragon Princes w/ FC and Rangers Standard

This puts me at 1591. Idea being Archmage shuts down magic for a turn and does standard Life/Shadow hijinks, Mage can use Sigil to burn something important/dispel and keeps drain magic up. I'm torn between the sigil or using annulian because with annulian and drain magic going thats good control but if i can destroy the dispelled spell and its the enemies linch pin it can be just as devastating. Unsure of where to place both mages as well. I'm thinking if I roll shadow then Spearmen are anvil while PG and DP's are hammers. With Life either PG or SE's can anvil. I feel kinda nervous without any bolt throwers and I dont own any eagles. I also tried another similar build but with 2 Lv 2 mages but felt uneasy as taking level 2's would make me use magic items to choose spells rather then magic control. Thanks for the help all!!!!

Edit:
Second build I toyed with at 1595-

Archmage 4 Shadow/Life
w/ 14 PG w/FC and Banner of Sorcery

Mage Lv 2 High
w/ 16 Lothern SeaGuard w/FC

10 SwordMasters

8 Dragon Princes w/ FC

16 Spearmen w/ FC

While I understand that lists you've built primarily relies on magic I don't think you have to skip out offensive options that HE has. I wanted to suggest this alternate list instead:

4th lvl. Archmage: 340 pts. (Life)
Magic Items: Vortex Shard & Ironcurse Icon

2nd lvl. Mage: 100 pts. (High or Shadow)
Magic Items: Sigil of Asuryan or Annulian
Total: 175 pts.

15 Archers w/ FC & Banner of Eternal Flame: 200 pts.
20 Spearmen w/Champion & Std.: 200 pts.

Swordmasters: 390 pts.
20 swordmasters w/FC w/ Banner of Sorcery
Bladelord with Talisman of Loec

Dragon Princes: 195 pts.
5 dragon princes w/ Musician & Std & Banner of Ellryion

2 Eagles: 100 pts.

Total: 1600 pts.

Placement of the Archmage should be with Swordmasters since he now has the Ironcurse Icon. Also with Life Buffs you should be able to keep this unit relatively combat effective even if it is hit with range firepower. I suggested shadow as a possible second choice for the 2nd lvl. mage since the signature Miasma spell will come in handy if faced with small arms fire (Lore of Light can work equally well if you can get Pha's Protection). The Archers have longer range than the LSG and can also do damage to Regenerating targets with the banner. The Banner of Ellryion is a cheaper alternative to the Ranger's Standard for the Dragon Princes. Now you have 2 Eagles to block, redirect charges, and/or go war machine hunting.

I hope that helps.