PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Chaos Dwarfs - LoA

Time of Madness
21-11-2011, 13:47
My 2000pt list (finalized)Time of Madness 11-19-2011

Think I finally have put together my ideal 2000pt list for all comers.

CHARACTERS

Prophet (General)
- Level 4 Lore of Hashut
- Enchanted Shield
- Talisman of Preservation
- Healing Potion
- Channelling Staff
= 400pts

Castellan (bsb)
- Mask of the Furnace
- Shield
= 197pts

CORE

28 Infernal Guard (5X6 Formation)
***General and BSB Here***
- Full Command
- Lichebone Pennant
= 383pts

20 Hobgoblins (10X2 Formation)
- Full Command
- Bows
= 122pts

SPECIAL

4 Bull Centaurs
- Standard
- Banner of Swiftness
- Great Weapons
= 225pts

Magma Cannon
= 145pts

Death Shrieker
= 100pts

Death Shrieker
= 100pts

RARE

K'daai Destroyer
= 325pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1997pts

Both characters have a 2+ save followed by a 4+ ward save. The unit of infernal guard are packing the lichebone pennant which increases my characters ward saves to 3+ vs magic sniping (death etc).

I've taken the channelling staff to increase my chance of getting the extra dice in the magic phase. It works well with spell-wrought from the darkforge weapon, but I've only rolled it once for the 4+ channelling.

I've debated dropping the channelling staff and the healing potion in favour of the earthing rod, but I've had some good results with the potion.

The hobgoblins give me some extra shooting, but are there to fill up my minimum core. It saves me from having to take a second expensive unit of guard.

The war machines are fairly standard, I've had some good results with 2 shriekers and 1 magma cannon.

The centaurs work well with the destroyer on the flanks.

I've also played a couple of games with an alternative list. I've dropped the destroyer in favour of a hellcannon and a daemonsmith. This alternative list plays a lot more defensive then when the destroyer is on the table.

Time of Madness

Turtleking
21-11-2011, 19:27
I like playing the list with the Destroyer on board. BUt I guess I just want to play more offensive... :)

Did the daemonsmith work out well for you?