PDA

View Full Version : Question about the O&G Spider Riders box

Lorcryst
21-11-2011, 14:15
I'm not sure this is the right section for this, so Mods, please move this thread to its correct home in case I was mistaken ...

I have a simple question for those that own the new box of Spider Riders : is it possible to make 10 "rank and file" models out of that box ?
Or do you have to make the command group, not enough parts for 3 more "basic" riders ?

I ask that because I'm planning an army with 80~90 of those buggers (thematic army with Arachnaroks and lots of spiders + Heroes/Lords on Gigantic Spiders), and I would love to know how many boxes I'll have to buy ... would drastically help in planning my purchases :p

So, please help me ?

Morkash
21-11-2011, 14:21
I'm not 100% sure, but I know that at least the Standard Bearer's arm was seperate. For the Champion's spider there are for example both normal front legs or bigger ones. The BfSP spiders had less options, but IIRC the box allows command unit as option, not as a given.

Jedi152
21-11-2011, 14:28
If you want cheap spider riders you can easily get Skull Pass ones off eBay. Sure, they're just 2 piece ones, but they look just as good.

Lorcryst
21-11-2011, 16:14
Well, cheap would be better, but I'd need 4 boxes for 4 units of 10, and I-don't-know-how-many-boxes for an unit of 50 ...

I already have two units of 10 from Battle for Skull Pass, scouring eBay for more "rank and file" ones could be a good idea ...

Thanks guys !

(But the question is still unanswered)

Darnok
21-11-2011, 17:22
I just checked. You can make both a full command and "normal" models, so ten basic spiderriders are possible.

Lorcryst
21-11-2011, 17:24
Woot ! Thanks Darnok, I can now happily plan my insane purchases !

BigbyWolf
21-11-2011, 20:03
Have you considered using few unridden spiders as unit fillers (mounted across two 20mm bases, if they fit...)? Might bring the cost down a bit.

Lorcryst
22-11-2011, 08:27
Hmmm ... a couple of fillers could be nice, yes ...

But those spiders barely fit on 25x50 mm bases, so I'd have to fit them on 50x50mm bases ...

Nice idea, thank you, more things to think and plan are always good !

Urgat
22-11-2011, 11:08
I'm not sure it'd look good though. It would just be weird. Besides, I think the Arachnarok goblins make it plain that just wandering aimelessly among spiders is NOT safe, even for them :p

Lorcryst
22-11-2011, 11:11
Good point Urgat ... and since I'm not a good converter/modeller, my fillers might look pants ...

Still, I'm looking at 7 boxes of Spider Riders, 3 Arachnaroks and 2 Bosses on Gigantic Spiders for the army I have in mind ... so anything to make it cheaper is welcome :p

Urgat
22-11-2011, 11:46
Buy riders directly on ebay, that's what I did. Much cheaper w/o the spiders ;)

Lorcryst
22-11-2011, 12:02
Well, yes, it looks like eBay is the solution ... but I'd need the spiders too, not just the riders ... I have this crazy idea about an all-spiders army ...