50x Skeletons 450 points
Full Command with War Banner

50x Skeletons 420 points
Full command

Special
10x Fell Bats 200 points

2495 points

So many Zombies, I really like it!

Very cool, maybe not that competitive, though. You have lots of bodies (!) but not that much of hitting power.

You may have miscalculated the cost of your Vamp Lord, I think he should not be that expensive.

Dreadlordpaul
22-11-2011, 07:09
Il recheck his cost

Dreadlordpaul
22-11-2011, 07:09
I forgot his abysal terror

Lebowski
22-11-2011, 08:36
umm... what type of armies do you play? the most fun you will have with this list is setting it on the table (unless you just love taking it off).

but if you like playing fluffy armies all power to ya!

Dreadlordpaul
22-11-2011, 09:06
I wanted to field a army which has PROPER undead in not the living stuff which necromancers and ghouls are. Personally I think it could be a very nasty list against the smaller elite armies

Dreadlordpaul
22-11-2011, 09:06
I wanted to field a army which has PROPER undead in not the living stuff which necromancers and ghouls are. Personally I think it could be a very nasty list against the smaller elite armies

BigbyWolf
22-11-2011, 09:45
Looking at the list, the first thing that jumps out is you don't really have anything that can actually kill things, with the exception of the vampire.

Strength is, at a maximum, 3 across the board for your troops, so small, elite armies (which usually have good armour), will just shrug off the attacks, and combat resolution will only get you so far if you're not killing things. Also:

NEVER buy zombies raise them instead.

Mostream
22-11-2011, 09:46
I like it too. A true undead horde list. The only problem I see is when your general kicks it. You have only your 10 fellbats to threaten artillery/shooting/mages whilst they blast away at your Vampire lord.

you could hide away from it yes. But your horde cant march unless you are within 18'' of them. Which will be a problem if you want your entire line to advance at same speed.

the magic isn't that hot either.

but. Still cool angle at it!

Dreadlordpaul
22-11-2011, 09:50
Yeah I have realised those problems which I am going to have. So I do have another new list which has what this one lacks namely killing power

I do hope we will see more VC armies like this after the new book comes out. I'd love nothing more than filling my army with Zombies and still remain competent.

On topic, I'd try to include some kind of hammer unit to deal some damage. Blood Knights or Black Knights maybe? To get the points I would drop Abyssal Terror, Drakenhoff Banner, some Fell Bats and maybe trim the core units a bit.

Dreadlordpaul
22-11-2011, 11:29
Hmmmm I would like to run this army but as you said it isnt very damage dealing. In my other list I have grave guard and black knights. I do agree its annoying that we cant run the proper undead horde armies that are from the fluff without losing alot of competiveness

Lebowski
22-11-2011, 21:18
all i have to say is that, one unit of Saurus/Black Orcs/WoC/OK would decimate this list. It does look fun and fluffy, but unless you regularly play against WE, expect losses.

I am not sure there is an army out there that this would even be good against. have you ever thrown 60 man zombie units at elite units? 3 rounds of combat usually. Sometimes less. This list would have been okay in 7th. Better raising and fear autobreak...

Dreadlordpaul
22-11-2011, 21:36
While I agree this list probably wont win I just want to see someones face when they realise how many models I am fielding considering my normal 2k list is around 73/74 models