PDA

View Full Version : Asur 2500pts MSU

Bladelord
22-11-2011, 10:37
Lords:
Archmage, lvl.4 Wizard, Bow of the Seafarer, Annulian Crystal.
360pts. Shadow: Pit of Shades vs monsters & -D3 thoughness to make my archery actually lethal.
Total: 360pts.

Heroes:
Mage, lvl.2 Wizard, Reaver Bow, Silver Wand.
185pts. High Magic: Curse of Arrow Attraction.;)
Noble, BSB, g. wpn, shield, barded Elven Steed, dragon armour, Helm of Fortune, 6+ reg.
172pts.
Total: 357pts.

Core Units:
14 Archers, musician, standard bearer, Banner of the Eternal Flame.
169pts.
10 Archers, musician.
115pts.
10 Archers, musician.
115pts.
10 Archers, musician.
115pts.
10 Archers, musician.
115pts.
Total: 629pts.

Special Units:
5 Dragon Princes, standard bearer, Banner of Sorcery.
220pts.
5 Dragon Princes.
150pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Ellyrian Reavers w/ bows & spears, musician.
117pts.
117pts.
Total: 1004pts.

Rare Units:
Great Eagle.
50pts.
Great Eagle.
50pts.
Great Eagle.
50pts.
Total: 150pts.

Total: 2500pts.

Maybe I should add a couple of Tiranoc Chariots?

Made a 2nd list with a few changes:

Lords:
Archmage, lvl.4 Wizard, Bow of the Seafarer, Annulian Crystal.
360pts. Shadow
Total: 360pts.

Heroes:
Mage, lvl.2 Wizard, Reaver Bow, Silver Wand.
185pts. High Magic
Noble, BSB, lance, shield, barded Elven Steed, heavy armour, Banner of Sorcery.
186pts.
Total: 371pts.

Core Units:
22 Lothern Sea Guard, musician, standard bearer, Banner of the Eternal Flame.
289pts.
10 Archers, musician.
115pts.
10 Archers, musician.
115pts.
10 Archers, musician.
115pts.
Total: 634pts.

Special Units:
5 Dragon Princes.
150pts.
5 Dragon Princes.
150pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
5 Shadow Warriors.
80pts.
117pts.
117pts.
Total: 934pts.

Rare Units:
Great Eagle.
50pts.
Great Eagle.
50pts.
Great Eagle.
50pts.
Great Eagle.
50pts.
Total: 200pts.

Total: 2499pts.

castlesmadeofsand
22-11-2011, 20:24
can't duplicate choices like that for special and rare, you're only allowed 3x special and 2x rare.

Morax
22-11-2011, 20:32
can't duplicate choices like that for special and rare, you're only allowed 3x special and 2x rare.

Actually he can as he is a High Elf player. They don't follow the same force organization rules as everyone else.

Pointy Headed Elven Paladin
24-11-2011, 04:19
I don't know. While the number of units might greatly confuse new players on target priority I think veteran players know to take out the priority units (LSG & Dragon Princes) then you don't have much that can threaten large blocks of infantry or cavalry. Also with that many units you might have trouble with keeping everyone in BSB bubble so panic tests are a real threat to your army.

While I can see this work against armies that you will outnumber (ie. armies with no more than 4 regiments that you can use your manuverbility to box in to prevent movement, re-direct charges to fail, etc.) I'm not sure how it will survive against armies with strong combined arms & numbers (Skaven & Empire comes to mind).

IMO I would trade out a few of the Reaver Knights and Shadow Warriors for some elite choices for additional close combat punch (like 12 or 14 man units of Swordmasters or even 6 man Silver Helm units.)

Trains_Get_Robbed
28-11-2011, 04:46
Bluntly, I think its terrible. How do you expect to kill anything? Having 5 man squads of S3 shooting/attacks aren't going to kill anything however, if those 5 man squads were say 7 man squads of S.M or W.L then, you may be in business.

Trick here is that you most likely want W.L over S.M in majority of your units as they can hold up units with the conga line tactic, thus, allowing you to redirect, respond and apply force to where ever your troops need it on the battlefield.
*Responding to the H.E thread comment.

Turtleking
28-11-2011, 20:13
I play MSU wood elves, so I know a bit about the style. The problem I see with your list is getting to win combats. All the flank charges and distraction to remove steadfast means you still need to win combats.

Dragon Princes are great. And they will do fun things when they charge the flank. But if that unit is hitting the front with a eagle in the side vs anything large, you won't win combat. Just not rolling enough dice.

Now a unit of Swordmasters hitting the front with D.P. hitting the side, that is a different story.

My advise, you need something to win combats in MSU. Otherwise the only thing you win vs is things you outnumber greatly, and skaven will rock your boat hard.

calnen
28-11-2011, 20:20
It's a nice idea, and certainly makes a nice change from Teclis and WL hordes.
My high elf friend played an MSU list made up of lots of units of 6 white lions. They were pretty good - lots of damage from such small units, and stubborn so they could hold up against tougher things. (And hard to shoot too).

But. If you roll badly for winds for a round, you're not going to kill a lot, and even with so many redirectors you won't keep the enemy off you for 6 turns.

10_minute_pie
28-11-2011, 22:29
Personally, I think it's absolutely brilliant! My only problem with it is that it relies quite heavily on 2 spells, and I never really trust a game plan that can't function without a key spell. Biggest problem I see is an ogre player w/Hellheart and a Scroll shutting down 2 magic phases (or at least one of your two debuffs) and steamrolling you in combat, or not rolling Withering (yes it can happen even with a level 4). I also see you having a lot of trouble with 2+ save cav

I'f your set on playing this list, I'd also get the lvl 4 some miscast protection, and maybe give the big bow to a prince.

Bladelord
01-12-2011, 14:15
Okay so I haven't been posting lately because I got relapse of Pneumo Thorax but now when I'm sick & have nothing to do I have all the time in the world to play... I just need to find partners with time:P.

I still want to rely heavily on shooting but I'm open for the MSU WL/SM suggestions. How many units should I run though? I have no experience at all with MSU armies so any advice will help alot (tactics from a WE player would be sweet too:))