PDA

View Full Version : AOBR Dreadnought arms

El_Capitan
23-11-2011, 23:05
I have a dreadnought from the AOBR boxset, and I have just ordered 2 more from ebay on the cheap. Problem is this will leave me with 3 multi-melta dreads, which is tactically undesirable for me. Without using glue or magnets, what dreadnought arms are compatible with the AOBR dreadnought? Ideally I'm planning on kitting out one with assault cannon and the other lascannon & missile launcher. All the bits stores seem to be sold out, and Forge World is too expensive.

pcx64
23-11-2011, 23:23
We both have the same taste with the auto cannon and assault cannon. :)

I did tried velcro tape once, but I still find magnets as superior when changing weaponry. But I find the magnet more work intensive as I need to file the magnet and make a hole using a dentist drill on the plastic for the magnet to stay without making it look ridiculous due to protruding parts.

Amaranthine
24-11-2011, 00:18
I don't think the AOBR Dread arms spots are compatible with the standard arms. To get them to fit, I believe you will have to do some modification.

Dread arms are probably the single easiest thing to magnatize in the game

Wishing
24-11-2011, 12:52
I had the same problem of wanting to swap between the AOBR dread arms and normal dread arms. GW specifically made it so that the AOBR arm tabs are a different size than all the normal dread arm tabs, so no other arms than the multi-melta it comes with fits. My solution was to use magnets, like others here suggest. I can't remember which of the tabs are smaller, but it may be possible to pad the larger socket to fit on the smaller tab... but I think it means you can fit the melta on a normal dread, not the other way around.

TLDR: There is to my knowledge no way to give an AOBR dread different arms without using magnets, glue, or shenanigans.

LonelyPath
24-11-2011, 13:03
The AoBR Dreads use a different sized hole and plug so you will have to magnetise or pin other arms to get them to stay in place.

Arhalius
24-11-2011, 15:11
I switched the cc with storm bolter on the aobr dread for a cc with flamer from the dreadnought kit. The sockets/plugs are a different size but its easy to glue it on or magnetize.

El_Capitan
24-11-2011, 16:31
Well, I thought 'what the hell' and bought left and right autocannon arms off Forgeworld. I know a friend has a spare lascannon dreadnought arm, so I can probably get that from him and recycle one of those Chaos vehicle missile launchers I have in my bits box for the other arm, might look a bit 'ghetto' but I think it will be interesting. I'll probably just cut the 'knobs' off and glue the arms on. Thanks for the advice.:)