PDA

View Full Version : empire and a few banner questions

Lance Tankmen
24-11-2011, 03:17
for the general of the empire, if you take an ancestral heirloom(50pt banner given to any unit) does that go towards your 25% lords or your core? and if lets say, cold one knights, have the always strike first banner, do their cold ones(mount) get the always strike first as well? and due to hatred and having higher In can hey re-roll twice ? or just once?

Bitten Black Sheep
24-11-2011, 05:17
1. Core
2. Probably but check the wording on the banner
3. Only one re-roll see pg7

Lance Tankmen
24-11-2011, 09:04
o and another question but i didnt want to make another thread, if my damsel uses the 6th lore of beast spell n turns into a dragon do i still get the blessing?

Edit: so from what i got from the BRB is that special and rare units you cant have 3 of the same exact, it has a example, 1-2 chaos spawns = 1 choice, with 3-4= 2. so if i took a group of 2 chaos spawn, and then a group of 3 chaos spawn, would that = 3 sets of chaos spawn so i cant get any more? or is i could have 3 groups of any number of chaos spawns?

Mr_Rose
24-11-2011, 10:08
Chaos spawn are a unit.
You can't have more than x units.
A chaos spawn 'unit' can have two models.
You can therefore have a max of 2x chaos spawn models.

Sclyla Anfingrimm and the Warhammer Forge big spawn are different units and are similarly but independently restricted.

Lance Tankmen
24-11-2011, 10:11
so in a sense you can only have 1 unit of 30 great swords?? or am i misunderstanding? maybe i shouldn't of used chaos spawn as an example

Lord Solar Plexus
24-11-2011, 10:12
for the general of the empire, if you take an ancestral heirloom(50pt banner given to any unit) does that go towards your 25% lords or your core?

TBitten Black Sheep has (have?) already answered this but remember that those points could also go to special. The Ancestral Heirloom can be given to a unit of State Troops, not any unit of core, so Greatswords could carry the Banner of Coolness.

Mr_Rose
24-11-2011, 10:17
so in a sense you can only have 1 unit of 30 great swords?? or am i misunderstanding? maybe i shouldn't of used chaos spawn as an example
You can have as many units of whatever as you are allowed by the restriction on their slots.
The number of models in those units is dictated by the unit's size entry; all of them have a minimum size and some have a maximum size. Occasionally the minimum and maximum are the same, such as for lone monsters.

I have no idea what you mean about greatswords, since they have no maximum model cap per unit. If you were playing a large enough game you could have three units of a hundred each.

Lance Tankmen
24-11-2011, 10:35
that was what i meant, you cleared it up, basically i meant great swords are 10+ so i was wondering if a unit of 30 counted as 3 choices of great swords, but i see i was wrong in assuming that. not that it affects me

and did you know my damsel question?.

AMWOOD co
25-11-2011, 02:07
I wouldn't see why you wouldn't still get the blessing. The damsel hasn't died, so you're still good (though... do damsels themselves get the blessing? I thought it was only knights). Then again, I don't have the Bretonian book, so perhaps someone with some actual insight on it can clarify this.

As for your spawn conumdrum, allow me to clarify. The unit is listed as a 2 for 1 choice (back in 7th, 2 spawn counted as a single rare). Now, what that means is that you double the limit of the Number of Units of that type (ie. Spawn) compared to other units in the same category (ie Rare). So, while normally you are allowed up to 2 Rare in a 2000 pts game, for Chaos Spawn you may take up to 4.

Shield of Freedom
25-11-2011, 05:26
Yes, the Damsel gets the blessing. It's the same as the knights' with the added bonus of Magic resistance. 1 if a Damsel, 2 if a Prophetess.

Bitten Black Sheep
25-11-2011, 07:42
Yes the damsel keeps the blessing providing the army has prayed and it has not been lost earlier. Its not a magic item or equipment so it keeps working.

Lance Tankmen
25-11-2011, 08:02
cool, heres hoping for 20+ on my power dice to become a great fire dragon :) with a ward save

Tuttivillus
25-11-2011, 22:14
take power scroll, it will be 10+ to cast, nice trick to do to Your opponent :D

AMWOOD co
26-11-2011, 03:40
take power scroll, it will be 10+ to cast, nice trick to do to Your opponent :D

Can't use the boosted version with the new Power Scrolls. You'd have to settle for something smaller.