PDA

View Full Version : Grey seers spell generation

brother_maynard
24-11-2011, 14:54
the following is in the skaven AB-

"A grey sear is a level 4 wizard and can use Skaven Spells of Ruin and Spells of Plague. A Grey sear can freely mix form both Skaven spell disciplines, just be sure to announce which spell table is being used before rolling."

and some people use it as justification for not choosing which lore their seer is using until the start of the game. what is the usual interpretation? i'm of the mind that everyone must announce what table they are using before rolling, this clarifies that a skaven player can't roll 4 dice and then decide which ones are on which table. there is nothing here that exempts them from choosing lores when writing their lists in my opinion, what do you guys think?

Dreadlordpaul
24-11-2011, 15:12
I would say they can choose before the battle starts

Tregar
24-11-2011, 15:31
Their Lores are always Plague and Ruin, and they are free to mix, as quoted. so you can have all 4 from a single Lore or mix as you please, is my interpretation. Obviously make sure you say which dice is which lore before you roll; typically I roll 3 dice of one colour and a fourth dice of a differing colour, telling my opponent the unique dice is for Plague. Works ok for me!

Akkaryn
25-11-2011, 08:04
When I'm playing my Skaven I announce how many dice I am using for which lore before any units are placed. Seems to be accepted everywhere I've played.

Biff Gunhed
26-11-2011, 21:24
Is it acceptable to roll 3 dice for plague first, then (depending on what you rolled) decide which lore to use when rolling the fourth? Or do all dice have to be rolled in one go?

theunwantedbeing
26-11-2011, 21:42
Is it acceptable to roll 3 dice for plague first, then (depending on what you rolled) decide which lore to use when rolling the fourth? Or do all dice have to be rolled in one go?

Rolled all in one go and you should really declare how many spells from each lore you are going to roll for.

linuvian
26-11-2011, 22:05
In our league\local tourneys we have to treat the lores same as anyone else, with the exception we can split between lores. ie - when making my list I have to put down 2 ruin, 2 plague. This is the ONLY interpretation that follows both rules.

Main RB - Lores must be selected during army selection
Skaven AB - Grey Seer can choose from two lores

Only one way to ocmbine them

narrativium
27-11-2011, 00:40
I would have no problem with a Skaven army list which stated: "Grey Seer - Lvl 4 (Plague, Ruin)", meaning the player can choose 4 Plague spells for one game and 4 Ruin the next with the same list; so long as it's clear which lore each dice is rolling from at spell generation the rule is satisfied.

PeG
01-12-2011, 10:08
I agree and all dice should be rolled at the same time or at least declared before rolling. No rolling of one dice for Ruin, then after seeing the result another dice on Ruin until the "correct" result have been achieved before switching to rolling for Plague spells.

BEEGfrog
05-12-2011, 15:23
I would have no problem with a Skaven army list which stated: "Grey Seer - Lvl 4 (Plague, Ruin)", meaning the player can choose 4 Plague spells for one game and 4 Ruin the next with the same list; so long as it's clear which lore each dice is rolling from at spell generation the rule is satisfied.
I would be happy with this as long as at least one was rolled from each lore, i.e. if you specify both you can't then only select from one.

belgarath97
06-12-2011, 16:34
The general feeling in my neck of the woods, and the way I play it in my Skaven army, is I specify on my list how many spells from each lore I wll roll for. IE: Grey Seer - 3 Ruin, 1 Plague.