PDA

View Full Version : Inquisitor in an IG army?

GlenMorray
25-11-2011, 12:47
Hello chaps,

Bit of a quick one, forgive my old age but I can't work out how I can include an Inquisitor and his retinue in my standard issue IG army?

Same goes for Grey Knights, can it be done?

I've got all the codex for them but it just makes 'Gobbedly-Gook'

Anyone care to explain to my riddled brain?

Bigglesworth
25-11-2011, 13:44
In the old DH codex, and SB codex you could requisition IG units, but I think that is gone with the new updates, you could always just have a senior officer and CMD squad (kitting them out with Special weapons ect) and just use whatever models you like and the rest just standard IG and no one would mind.

Bunnahabhain
25-11-2011, 13:56
Now, with current codices...

You can't have an inquisitor in the Guard army

You can have an inquisitor in the Grey Knight army

Using Forge world rules, I think you can get an inquisitor into your Guard army.

GlenMorray
25-11-2011, 15:09
Oh no that's a bit rubbish! ;[

Oh well, cheers chaps.

Mr Zoat
25-11-2011, 17:14
To be honest a Comissar Lord is usually better than a modern Inquisitor.

Aluinn
25-11-2011, 17:24
To be honest a Comissar Lord is usually better than a modern Inquisitor.

I was just about to suggest that the OP simply take a Commissar Lord and use an Inquisitor model and fluff. They're similar in a lot of ways, anyway.

You could also model the Company Command squad as a retinue for him; it can contain some pretty diverse individuals. In fact, if you wanted to go on theming the army like that, you could take some Psyker Battle Squads, which are an option for actual Inquisitorial Henchmen in the GK codex, in a way (they just don't have a "sergeant" in that case). You could also take Stormtroopers or carapace-armored Vets as Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, and throw in a few Priests for good measure.

Emperors Teeth
25-11-2011, 19:41
I have this same quandary... I have bits of an Inquisitional retinue, Land Raider and all that I never managed to get finished. It was meant to go in my Guard army.

My simple answer, is use the old Codex and enjoy. It's a game, and I play very casually anyway. Just cause there's a new Codex for Grey Knights and Sisters (sort of) doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to use slightly out of date but still functional rules.

It's down to finding the right opponent and environment of course. I certainly wouldn't try and pull this in a tournament. For a characterful, cool-looking casual bit of fun though, it's perfectly valid. It's 'your game' as the rulebooks so often say.

FredegarKadere
25-11-2011, 21:40
Was your Lord a Psyker or General?

As a General I would second the Lord Commissar suggestion as the replacement for the Inquisitor. You have Stubborn/Aura of Discipline to replace Iron will, an invulnerable save, and similar wargear options, minus the power armor.

As a Pskyer I would suggest the Primaris Psyker as the replacement for the Inquisitor. You have the Force Weapon, an invulnerable save, and a defensive and offensive power to choose between each turn.

As a replacement for your retinue/warband the Company Command Squad gives you some of the customizing that the old retinue gave. The Commander acting as your acolyte/interrigator(?), the veterans acting as your warriors, and FNP Medi-gel to replace the chirugeon. Toss in some body guards as extra wound points.

Since your primary Inquisitor replacement is an Independent Character he can join up with the 'retinue' if he so desires.

Marbo is your Callidus assassin.

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers can be replaced with Storm Troopers or Veteran Squads.

Angelwing
26-11-2011, 08:03
By the official rules, no.
However, in the pregame chat with your opponent you both decide what rules apply to your game. Using the allies rules from the old daemon hunter / witch hunter books or just simply porting the units over from the new books into the appropriate FoC slots are solutions to your problem.

hybrid defibrl8
26-11-2011, 15:41
If your game is large enough and not really serious, just play apocalypse rules and use both forces ... These rules can be very unbalanced though and its best to play very casually as it doesn't take much to abuse the rule systems... There meant to be unrestrictive

Chem-Dog
26-11-2011, 15:59
If you want an Inquisitor in Power-Armour with some backup henchman types, you could use the Engineseer, otherwise proxy him for a Commie Lord or Prime Psyker, as others have said.

Col_Festus
26-11-2011, 16:31
You can use 2 options. If I want to add some kind of power armored guy (like Cypher, or an Astartes Inquisitor) I will use Straken as the basis for my count as. Then you can build his command squad as his henchment.

If you want a more human bases Inquisitor I use the Inquisitor Lord.

LonelyPath
26-11-2011, 21:39
Hello chaps,

Bit of a quick one, forgive my old age but I can't work out how I can include an Inquisitor and his retinue in my standard issue IG army?

Same goes for Grey Knights, can it be done?

I've got all the codex for them but it just makes 'Gobbedly-Gook'

Anyone care to explain to my riddled brain?

These days you can no longer include them normally, but if you ask your opponent nicely in friendly games they might allow it, but expect them to be allowed to take a unit from a different codex in return.