PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Raiding Fleed Of Kuron Fleshtearer

Dreadlordpaul
26-11-2011, 09:23
Lord
Kuron Fleshtearer 555 points
Black Dragon
full mundanr (Heavy Armour shield sea dragon cloak)
Pendant Of Khaeleth
Caledors Bane
Dragon Helm

Heroes
Master Draichan 168 points
Heavy Armour Shield
Ring Of Hotek
Cloak Of Hag Graef
Dark Pegasus

Sorceress Drutheria (Fire) 125 points
Level 1
Dispell Scroll

Core
Kurons Black Darts 200 points
20x Cross Bowmen

The Blackhearted Darts 200 points
20xcrossbow men

The Corsairs Of The East 300 points
25x Corsairs with full command and sea serpany standard

The City Regimental Warriors 190 points points
25x Dark Elf Warriors with full command and Banner Of +1 Leadership (Sorceress goes here)

5x Harpies 55 points

5x Harpies 55 points

Special
The Outcasts 170 points
10x shades with adhw

The Tribal ones 170 points
10x shades with adhw

Rare
The Sea Beast 175 points
1x war hydra
This list isnt majorily meant to be competitive its meant mainly for fun and trying out some units which I have never used or have only used a couple of times. It is themed behind a raiding fleet and its mainly just meant for fun :D

tmarichards
26-11-2011, 09:52
Putting the Armour of Darkness on a mounted character is a bit of a waste, with the Dragonhelm and full mundane you get the same save for the same number of points, AND a 2+ ward vs flaming.

I don't think the second level, and especially the third spell, on the mage will do anything. Shadow has high casting values and you'll usually be at a deficit to cast (assuming an opposing level 4), so you won't be trying for man spells. Also, consider that Shadow has 2 spells that will do precisely nothing in virtually every game you play (I've used Pendulum once and I can't recall having cast Steed, and that's in 200+ games with a Shadow level 4). I'd consider just going with a Fire level 1 with a scroll, and just powering through a Fireball each phase.

The bunker shouldn't have shields, they should never see combat and if people are shooting them then usually the rest of your army is dead, in which case you've lost and the shields won't save you, or your opponent is being silly.

The Manticore.... hmmm... I can see the idea behind having 3 large targets running at someone to force them to pick, but even in combat the poor kitty still gets knocked for 6. A pegasus improves the rider, can't be shot out from underneath him and is a quarter of the points- Ring of Hotek and Cloak of Hag Graef is a pretty handy combo.

Dreadlordpaul
26-11-2011, 09:55
I shall change the master then. I was trying to create as many monstrious targets as possible so that even if they should shoot at the hydra the manticore and dragon get into their lines and cause some real havoc :)

BigbyWolf
26-11-2011, 10:20
The problem with that is that the Manticore (at least in the DE book) isn't that great at causing havoc. Even ones with Chaos Lords mounted on them struggle, so I wouldn't hold out hope for a master on one.

If your desparate to get the three monsters in there, drop the Manticore and get another Hyrdra...although that might not make you many friends- but in saying that, you're already fielding a pendant lord on a Dragon (You really like the pendant, don't you, I think it's in, like, all of the DE lists you've posted! ;)), so I say go the whole hog and dual-wield your Hydras!

Looking past the monsters, you have a good mix of ranged and combat, could perhaps do with some harder hitting infantry, but if you are lucky with the monsters, you might not need it.

Dreadlordpaul
26-11-2011, 10:43
The problem with that is that the Manticore (at least in the DE book) isn't that great at causing havoc. Even ones with Chaos Lords mounted on them struggle, so I wouldn't hold out hope for a master on one.

If your desparate to get the three monsters in there, drop the Manticore and get another Hyrdra...although that might not make you many friends- but in saying that, you're already fielding a pendant lord on a Dragon (You really like the pendant, don't you, I think it's in, like, all of the DE lists you've posted! ;)), so I say go the whole hog and dual-wield your Hydras!

Looking past the monsters, you have a good mix of ranged and combat, could perhaps do with some harder hitting infantry, but if you are lucky with the monsters, you might not need it.

I take the pendant alot because I want to keep my dreadlord alive if I could put it on my vampire lord I really would and I cant really find a better ward for him :p I did try and mix range and combat up and I plan to charge a monster in with a unit so for example Hydra and corsairs hit a unit result is enemy unit is no longer there :D I think I will just stick with the one hydra I dont really want to take 2 because I think people might just then decide to call me a cheesy person just for having a pendant lord and 2 hydras

hads97
26-11-2011, 13:11
Pendant is a must on a dreadlord. It is one of the best (if not just the best) talisman in the whole game.

Keep in mind that, if your enemy has a couple of cannons, your dragon will probably die in the first turn, leaving the dreadlord on his feet. (I know a dragon is so cool... but now cannons are much more effective at killing them)

For this reason I only use pegasus as flying mounts for my lords and masters. You do not risk at loosing 300 points from a cannon shot. A dreadlord on a pegasus can be given the crown of command+kaeleth, and block the most powerful unit of the unit for many turns.

On the other hand, looking at the list, it is:
120 shoots per turn
2 weak infantry close combat units
2 montsers and one pegasus

The typical Dark elf shooting lists include this kind of shoots, wait for the enemy to approach by shooting and then crash the enemy with many chariots and hydras.

Having a dragon means you have to put him in combat as soon as possible, thus you'll send the dragon to face the enemy while the rest of your army waits and shoots from behind. If the dragon is defeated easily, you are likely to loose the game.

Also, how are you going to avoid being flanked by fast cavalry and explorers?

Last, one lvl1 sorcerer at 2500... and fire lore... consider it, please. Not only because you will only have +1 to dispell, and only 1 spell (what would you do with 10+ dices?)
With a shooting army you can take a lvl 4 sorcerer with shadow magic (the BEST lore you can ever take, despite the steed of shadows) and the sacrifice dagger, put it with the spears... and if you get the spell that reduces 1D3 resistance, you can kill anything. You cast the spell on a unit, you masacre with your 120 shoots, and one problem less.

Hope my comments are useful

Dreadlordpaul
26-11-2011, 15:24
Thanks and basically in my area big monsters rarely get fielded and so people are not equipped to deal with them. On the terms of fast cav thats what my shades and harpies are there for they deal with war machines and fast cav. I plan to not rely on my magic plus I have the ring of hotek and a scroll to defend against magic my units maybe weak in combat but somehow I doubt a mobile raiding fleet is going to have chariots