PDA

View Full Version : Extra armour on a deathstrike???

hybrid defibrl8
26-11-2011, 16:23
Is there any reason why you would put extra armour on a deathstrike missile... It seems to me to be a redundant piece of kit as the deathstrike takes a -1 penalty for either crew shaken or stunned results .. where is this upgrade ever useful ???

Frep
26-11-2011, 16:29
Same reason as any other vehicle I suppose, being able to move when normally you wouldn't be able to. On a deathstrike its not enormously useful but I personally would rather have an option that I would never use, rather than not having the option.

Threeshades
26-11-2011, 16:39
There are a lot of options throughout the entire game that no one would ever use. This is just one among them.

The real WTF-inducing options are things like toxin sacs on a Carnifex.

Bunnahabhain
26-11-2011, 16:42
Well if you are mad enough to take a death strike in the first place, a pointless upgrade is the least of your worries....

hybrid defibrl8
26-11-2011, 16:46
My last list took three death strikes... It was part of a linked series of games where my opponent had to ultimately stop this doomsday launch ... He stopped two but took the third to the face... All in all they are a hillarious unit that people shouldn't play competitively ... But can be heaps of fun

ehlijen
27-11-2011, 02:04
Same reason you take extra armour on any non-transport vehicle: because when you do get stunned, the last thing you want to do is have to sit still and be easy pickings for whatever just stunned you again the next turn.