PDA

View Full Version : VC 1000 pts list ...new to VC

zielonkak
26-11-2011, 19:37
okay i think this will be my set up for my first time list for VC...

i know the charcters are lacking a little in items but other then dropping the corpse cart, i really dont want to change much. also, should i make the ghouls two units or keep the one?

here is my list

vamp, black periphat,charm shield 120
wight,bsb,stone of Good luck 105
corpse cart 75
32 ghouls 256
11GG,FC,GW,ban of barrows 218
terrorgheist 225

999/what you think?

wight in gg...they are hammer....they hopfully strike first with corpse cart with GW and + 1 to hit....have ghouls hold up units....terrorgheist to hit flanks and terror things ( plus it looks sweet)..vamp raises and revives..if i could find more points i would want to equip characters a little more and to beef up gg

Dreadlordpaul
26-11-2011, 20:04
Grave guard unit is abit small. Personally I wouldnt field them til you can use 20+

zielonkak
26-11-2011, 20:20
is the corpse cart worth it for them to strike first with the GW...if it isnt then i will drop it and use points to buff them up a little...

Dreadlordpaul
26-11-2011, 20:22
Drop the cart and make the grave guard bigger i would also suggest dropping the ghiest for more grave guard as for you to really use it properly it needs to be paired with a varghulf

zielonkak
26-11-2011, 21:01
the grave gaurd or the ghiest, needs to be paired with the varghulf?

Dreadlordpaul
26-11-2011, 21:05
The ghiest

zielonkak
26-11-2011, 21:10
because he is a vamp....?

Dreadlordpaul
26-11-2011, 23:32
Yes because without a vamp being with 6" (Or without being with 12" of the general) he cant do his full 20" flying march move

zielonkak
27-11-2011, 01:46
ok lets try another list then....

vamp, flayed hauberk......125
wight, bsb, warbanner.......125

26 skeleton warriors, fc, banner of dead legion.........................253
19 Grave gaurd, great weapons, fc, banner of barrows..............322
varghulf....
vamp with skellies, wight with gg, varghulf watches flanks...

better or no?

then to expand previous list to about 1250, i m thinking adding a necro, 10 ghouls, a corpse cart, and 5 wolves....1250 even....if i dont go necro, then i would probably add more pts into other characters....

marineskilla66
27-11-2011, 05:25
zombies, and lots of em

Lebowski
27-11-2011, 06:25
Umm... try putting more points into your characters. maybe a loremaster....

Dreadlordpaul
27-11-2011, 07:06
Yeah put more points into your characters and maybe buy a unit of 50 zombies and just raise it from the start of the game increasing its size

zielonkak
27-11-2011, 13:38
i figured i would just raise zombies...why start with them?...ill probably drop the necro and add more points into characters...

Dreadlordpaul
27-11-2011, 13:44
Because raised zombies die very quickly if you start off with a unit and make it bigger via magic it takes longer to destoy the unit

zielonkak
27-11-2011, 13:55
ok, so drop the ghouls for 20 zombies

Zywus
27-11-2011, 23:33
I disagree on purhasing zombies in the list. They fight so horribly bad that they can't really be expected hold their own against anything. Their only purpouse is to be summoned in clever places to block line of sight or screw up an opponents charge lanes. (ok, maybe they can beat a warmachine crew or a lone wizard if they are lucky... or really many:p) Have a few models painted and ready to summon, but in the list, same number of points spent on ghouls will practically always perform better than zombies.

IMO Grave guards is a bit to pricey for 1000p. If you already have the models, go for it. Otherwise I'd switch them for two units of 20 ghouls.

Perhaps also change the BSB wight for a necromancer. You won't really get the full benefit of a BSB in such a small army and having only one lv1 caster will make it hard not to waste powerdice when the winds of magic blows strong, without endangering the general due to the risk of miscasts.

I believe Vampires are quite a difficult list to make 1000p lists from since you can't (and shouldn't) really kit the general up to be a real badass. On the other hand in such a small battle you can't really afford to keep him out of harms way either since he is still a big chunk of the pointstotal and needs to bolster the troops.

zielonkak
28-11-2011, 00:07
i totally agree with the list design being difficult for 1000 pts..but i like the challenge...i think im going to go with the ghouls only because i think they will be more effecitve...

Lebowski
28-11-2011, 01:35
by putting more points into characters i did not mean to waste 55 points on a necromancer to raise/add some worthless zombies.... Make your vamp character useful. Up his combat or magic ability.

The only time i find zombies useful is when I raise some to either redirect, bring out fanatics, briefly tie up a unit, or to charge a warmachine. points wise it is not worth boosting them (helm of command or magic). they are terrible at just about everything else. even support charges...

Take a 20 man squad for the lulz, but that is about all you will get out of them.

zielonkak
28-11-2011, 02:28
i know what you meant....i mean to gear up my two other guys a little better...and thats what i was thinking origionally about zombies...just raise them

Lebowski
28-11-2011, 05:57
Ehh. go for it. Zombies might have value in a game, maybe not.

I really would not think about it too much. Your 2nd list is an improvement. Big beasties are cool (TG/Vargulf), but I have found in lower point games I prefer as much rank and file as possible. It is a bit boring, but it wins me games.

main question is: what armys are you going to be playing against?

Dreadlordpaul
28-11-2011, 07:02
I disagree on purhasing zombies in the list. They fight so horribly bad that they can't really be expected hold their own against anything. Their only purpouse is to be summoned in clever places to block line of sight or screw up an opponents charge lanes. (ok, maybe they can beat a warmachine crew or a lone wizard if they are lucky... or really many:p) Have a few models painted and ready to summon, but in the list, same number of points spent on ghouls will practically always perform better than zombies.

IMO Grave guards is a bit to pricey for 1000p. If you already have the models, go for it. Otherwise I'd switch them for two units of 20 ghouls.

Perhaps also change the BSB wight for a necromancer. You won't really get the full benefit of a BSB in such a small army and having only one lv1 caster will make it hard not to waste powerdice when the winds of magic blows strong, without endangering the general due to the risk of miscasts.

I believe Vampires are quite a difficult list to make 1000p lists from since you can't (and shouldn't) really kit the general up to be a real badass. On the other hand in such a small battle you can't really afford to keep him out of harms way either since he is still a big chunk of the pointstotal and needs to bolster the troops.

Ive had zombies kill a star dragon before :p

Lebowski
28-11-2011, 09:02
yea. and I have honestly had spirithost charge beat in combat and run down a squad of 40 Saurus... doesnt mean it will happen ever again.

zielonkak
28-11-2011, 12:36
I play all different armies

Lebowski
28-11-2011, 17:19
Hrm. So you literally play against all 14 armies equally? If that is the case I can't really help you all that much. :(

zielonkak
28-11-2011, 18:54
when i play for fun between friends, i literally could be matched up against any army other then chaos dwarfs and lizard men....i own, orcs and gobos, lizard men, and chaos as my primary armies....i usually am up against either TK, all elves, dwarves, VAMp counts, and all varieties of chaos....then tournies in the past were open...i basically want to have an army to deal with a ' blind ' opponent...most of my armies are usually weak against dwarves and empire due to the shooting

Lebowski
28-11-2011, 21:35
well. I have found that Vamps have it pretty easy against empire and dwarves! I find the Coach pretty useful against both.
My favorite all comer lores are the vampire lore and lore of shadow.
Just rely on speed (VDM). It enables you to pick your combats and outflank. I am sure sure you will do fine!

zielonkak
30-11-2011, 22:30
I def like shadow. I played a a game for fun with many proxies against empire and I had a minor victory. He brought guns and a block of halbrediers,and some artillery. He had warrior priest and mage with fire. I killed his block with warrior priest and he killed his Mage from Miscasts. Most of what he killed was due to guns and some really good dice.

benjitodd86
01-12-2011, 04:04
I use fully equipped skelies, vamp with lord of the dead power and necro with the staff of ' i raise heaps of zombies'. Being able to redirect and make 'speed bump' units is a amazing advantage to have, especially bearing in mind the necro is 80 pts and he can cast multiple raise dead. followed by the vamp boosting them a bit too. The smaller the game the more useful this is, as you generate the same number of power dice in 1000 that in 4000. Dominate the magic phase and also the vargulf is a good call. Just remember that most of this will be irrelevant if the rumours are true and new vcs are out next month!

zielonkak
01-12-2011, 20:42
I really enjoyed great swOrd grave gaurs with banner of barrows with corPse cart combo lead by wight lord bsb with war banner ! In thousand points it owned.

i really want to fit a terrorgheist into a thousand points because i really like the fact that they could have big nasty critters in small games....i really enjoy smaller games lately....and one of the two main reasons i wanted to try out VC is because of the monsters...

I think my 1000 pt list will be this...

vamp lord, forbidden lore....245...(havent decided on lore yet)
Vampire,infinte hatred, flayed haubrek,lord of the dead, hell steed...185

Core:
11 ghouls...88
26 skellies, fc, banner of the dead legion...253

Rare:
Terrorgheist...225

996/1000...i may drop banner on skellies to add to ghouls....but i think the skellies block after being increased will tear up most blocks when i have lots of zombies to flank two flying hammers for support and warmachine hunt and what not....i think it will be really fun...

also which lore should i use for my lord....i was thinking either shadow, dark, or vampire

Lebowski
07-12-2011, 05:09
yea. unless you are willing to have a vamp babysit a TG is not really worth it.

However, may i suggest a black coach? cut out whatever points you need. I would lose the cart/TG. Up the GG and get a black coach. ;)
your opponents won't like it.... I promise.

zielonkak
07-12-2011, 05:16
im not really worried about the baby sitting part...i have a mobile vamp if needed...yea i thought about adding the the coach or even some wraiths....but i really like the monsters....im really stuck on which lore to give my lord....i was thinking about shadow....alot of armies that i play against have really low leadership, so pit of shades could be really mean...

* sorry not leadership...inititive...

Lebowski
07-12-2011, 05:53
well... pit of shades is okay, but if you usually play low I armies.... purple sun is soo much better.

remember, you can use more than 12 dice in one phase, you just can't have more than 12 at once... heh heh heh. In a 1k game effectively having 2 magic phases and not having your opponent replenish those dispel dice... so dirty.

zielonkak
07-12-2011, 10:04
hmm....yea that is nasty...

I think I want to use gravegaurd in list

Lebowski
20-12-2011, 22:12
Grave guard are fantastic. if you put some in, try and get at least 20 tho. (of course banner of the barrows as well)

zielonkak
21-12-2011, 00:37
yea i like the gg with greatweapons with banner of barrows, add wight bsb with sword of striking and use corpse cart to strike first....thats pretty nice....

zielonkak
24-12-2011, 04:29
I tried this list out against ogres and added gg and dropped terrorgheist and ghouls. It owned

Lebowski
24-12-2011, 07:48
it better have! ogres are good, but we can usually get the charge on them.... making them a bit worse.

zielonkak
24-12-2011, 12:48
Yea the only thing he had going for himself was his gut magic. It's really good

zielonkak
27-12-2011, 04:06
Wow played again and had a draw. Gut magic is awesome. He brought lots of magic.