PDA

View Full Version : Simple rules question on stand and shoot.

Turtleking
27-11-2011, 00:49
Just learning 8th.

When I use a stand and shoot reaction vs a charge and the unit fails to charge me and then a second unit charges me what are my options?

Take the charge
Flee
or stand and shot again?

Can a unit stand and shoot twice in a single turn?

Mr_Rose
27-11-2011, 00:54
I think you need to re-read how charges work; you don't start rolling for charge ranges or moving models until after all charges have been declared and all reactions resolved.

And no, you can't SnS twice in a turn.

Turtleking
27-11-2011, 00:55
Thanks Mr_rose!

Mr_Rose
27-11-2011, 01:00
Note that you don't have to stand and shoot at the first unit to declare a charge against you. If three units are in range to charge you and you think that they all will for some reason (all frenzied for instance) it is perfectly legitimate to hold against the first, pincushion the second, then flee the third.

Turtleking
27-11-2011, 02:21
So you can make a sns reaction and still flee from multi units. That makes more sense.

T10
27-11-2011, 19:36
That part of the game can actually involve a certain amount of bluffing: In a very basic situation, as the attacker you want to bring overwhelming force to bear on the target, while as the defender you want to accept charges from as many units you feel you can comfortably defeat.

Add other factors into this, such as the direction of flight and the presence of other units and terrain and you've got a good brew going!

Hell Storm
29-11-2011, 11:27
Note that you don't have to stand and shoot at the first unit to declare a charge against you. If three units are in range to charge you and you think that they all will for some reason (all frenzied for instance) it is perfectly legitimate to hold against the first, pincushion the second, then flee the third.

wait a minute. after you declare a SnS reaction you can only declare hold for every other charge. you can't flee. it should be under SnS in the BRB

Artiee
29-11-2011, 11:59
Mr Rose is correct. He semi quoted pg 18. (Theres too many of them). You may be thinking that once you SnS, you count as holding. You cant SnS shoot and flee against the same unit.