PDA

View Full Version : Fishmen

cornonthecob
27-11-2011, 09:24
Inspired somewhat by the tv documentaries showing the crazy animals living at the deep sea I'd like to do a fishmen inspired army. Lots of Bio-luminesence , razor fanged teeth etc. I've got some idea of using the lizardmen book for the base rules. Any other ideas such as models etc ?

tirebiter
27-11-2011, 09:47
I heard this was actually coming out in 2012

ftayl5
27-11-2011, 10:03
^Not likely. Definitely not in fact. 2013 at the earliest, 2014 would be more realistic and never is the most likely.

But I've seen this idea executed fairly well by a few people, good luck with it if you choose to continue.

You could use Daemonette arms on skink bodies for crab warriors? Not sure how the two kits scale up but it might be worth some thought.

BigRob
27-11-2011, 10:11
Inspired somewhat by the tv documentaries showing the crazy animals living at the deep sea I'd like to do a fishmen inspired army. Lots of Bio-luminesence , razor fanged teeth etc. I've got some idea of using the lizardmen book for the base rules. Any other ideas such as models etc ?

First, you may or may not be aware that "Fishmen" is a massive inside joke in the warhammer community, used to fill any mystery holes in release schedules and anything else that needs a funny answer.

Secondly, Alot of people like the idea of fishmen and as such there are many fandex type books about, including some very proffessional looking PDFs. Have a good old browse in the rules section.

Thirdly, there are rumours going round that they might actually be being taken seriously by GW and making an apperance later on, possibly in an allied contingents type suppliment along with Kislev and Araby, even some concept art has been seen.....but then again, see point one.

Have fun, there is alot of potential in the "fishman" concept.

mrtn
27-11-2011, 11:05
Kyte has sculpted a lot of fishmen to use as lizardmen counts-as. I think they're sold by Trollforged.

DaemonReign
27-11-2011, 11:10
First, you may or may not be aware that "Fishmen" is a massive inside joke in the warhammer community,

*meh*

... and for good reason.

Fish-men..(!?) Dear god.. *lol*

Crymson
27-11-2011, 11:41
There is a Nauticans army book floating around on the internet somewhere.

wizbix
27-11-2011, 18:34
The old fishmen thing again. Next time some one wants to bring it up again they ought to do a search on the same topic; it pops up every now and then.

H33D
27-11-2011, 19:11
Didn't fish men sink a dark elves ship in the brb fluff?

tezdal
28-11-2011, 02:22
^Not likely. Definitely not in fact. 2013 at the earliest, 2014 would be more realistic and never is the most likely.

But I've seen this idea executed fairly well by a few people, good luck with it if you choose to continue.

You could use Daemonette arms on skink bodies for crab warriors? Not sure how the two kits scale up but it might be worth some thought.

The real question is, when will the FOC(Fishmen of Chaos) be released?

grumbaki
28-11-2011, 02:59
*meh*

... and for good reason.

I know, silly eh? Almost as bad as Lizard-men.

:shifty:

Skywave
28-11-2011, 05:46
I remember seeing an army (or was it a diorama?) that used Bloodletters as a base for some kind of fishmen, with some custom head, and maybe crab-clawed hands. I remember they were painted blue, and it looked quite cool, but I don't remember much about the rest sadly.

Max_Killfactor
28-11-2011, 18:59
I think I read somewhere that sharks are fish. So "Fishmen" could indeed be pretty jawesome.

IF they ever do come out, I hope they don't call them "Fishmen". I hope Lizardmen get renamed to something like "Lustrians". Lame names are lame.

dimetri1
29-11-2011, 02:24
I remember seeing an army (or was it a diorama?) that used Bloodletters as a base for some kind of fishmen, with some custom head, and maybe crab-clawed hands. I remember they were painted blue, and it looked quite cool, but I don't remember much about the rest sadly.

I called it the Enchantment Under the Sea army. I played against it once. What I remember most is the Bloodcrushers were crabs. The army was heavily converted by a GT player. He may even read this and post pictures.....

TimLeeson
29-11-2011, 02:39
*meh*

... and for good reason.

:eyebrows:
Obviously you've never read Shadow over Innsmouth.

chamelion 6
29-11-2011, 05:12
Didn't fish men sink a dark elves ship in the brb fluff?

A bunch of Chaos Warriors sink their pyramid with a comet...

Warriors of Chaos book; pg 38 entry -1860

But the Fishmen will return.... :shifty:

Lord Solar Plexus
29-11-2011, 09:34
This stinks.

The Scrod Warriors are completely overpowered, and the Red Herring Regiment should cost 100 points more. At least they allowed Plaices as BSB's...the -3 to hit isn't too shabby.

Of course you could always play Tau. Plenty of Mantas, Piranhas, Hammerheads..

Cambion Daystar
29-11-2011, 09:45
This stinks..
Really? :D
It seems all a bit fishy to me...

Lord Solar Plexus
29-11-2011, 09:49
Something smells rotten fishy in the State of Denmark!

Urgat
29-11-2011, 09:57
I know, silly eh? Almost as bad as Lizard-men.

:shifty:

Or ratmen. Or goatmen. I'm sure we can also find a few wolfmen if we look deep enough. Note: there was a fishman mini, back then.

I think I read somewhere that sharks are fish. So "Fishmen" could indeed be pretty jawesome.

IF they ever do come out, I hope they don't call them "Fishmen". I hope Lizardmen get renamed to something like "Lustrians". Lame names are lame.

Fishmen still sound better than "nautican"

Sureshot05
29-11-2011, 10:14
Probably be the next splash release....

Elaaks
29-11-2011, 14:36
Amazing fish-men themed army.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/wyrmling_x/index.php?showtopic=7006

Max_Killfactor
29-11-2011, 17:50
Probably be the next splash release....

I sea what you did there.

sulla
29-11-2011, 18:01
*meh*

... and for good reason.

Fish-men..(!?) Dear god.. *lol*Goat-men, rat-men, lizard-men... where were you when those armies were released?

xxRavenxx
29-11-2011, 18:10
Any other ideas such as models etc ?

http://www.fouraminiatures.com/page2.htm

This guy has some nice "sea demon" models (though his photos on the website dont do them the justice they deserve. - To be honest, the website itself sucks...).

I affectionately call my set "Sea chimps". :) Theyre lovely characterful little aquatic creatures, with a mixture of pirahna and anglerfish style features.

dimetri1
30-11-2011, 03:34

That is not the army I went up against. Really did not think there would be another sea themed army.

Feefait
30-11-2011, 04:17

I would play fishmen if they looked like that, i don't care what the rules were like.

Late
30-11-2011, 12:17
That is indeed a brilliant looking fishman army, and like someone above me said, fish men have a strong Lovecraftian potential, all hail Dagon :D