PDA

View Full Version : Contemptor Dreadnought Weapon Options

NixonAsADaemonPrince
27-11-2011, 12:05
Hi,

I'm considering getting a Contemptor, but I'm not sure what arms I want as I don't know what's available in the rules. Would someone mind listing all the different weapon options for me so I can decide from there, please? This would be a loyalist one by the way (Might well end up being a Custodian Dread). I don't want points costs, just the names and where they fit.

Cheers

Fawful
27-11-2011, 12:19
Normally has Twin linked heavy bolter and a dreadnought cc weapon with inbuilt storm bolter.

May replace twin-linked heavy bolter with:
multi melta
twin-linked heavy flamer
twin-linked autocannon
Plasma cannon
Khere pattern Assault cannon
Twin-linked Lascannon
Heavy conversion beamer
DCCW with storm bolter
Chainfist with storm bolter

In built storm bolter may be replaced with:
heavy flamer
Plasma blaster (18inch s7 ap2, assault 2, gets hot)
Graviton gun (special rules)

And may take a carapace-mounted cyclone missile launcher.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
27-11-2011, 12:48
Thanks Fawful, that's brilliant :) I'll post back up with what I've decided later.

Cheers

DCLXVI
27-11-2011, 14:11
I'm planning on getting three of these myself. Think I'm gonna go all shooty (2 with 2 Kheres, 1 with 2 Plasma Cannons). Thought about magnetising the one arm so I can get a DCCW at a later date, and maybe even a Cyclone, but it works out at nearly 200 for the three of them!
Hmm... have to weigh up how much use I'm gonna get out of them for that price.

Arhalius
27-11-2011, 14:42
I plan on getting at least 2 of these, 1 with kheres, dccw with hf and cyclones. And the second will have 1 ccw with hf and another ccw with either a hf or maybe a plasma blastgun.
Also thinking of doing one up as a Chapter Master dreadnought will have to write a custom apoc datasheet for him though.

Deamon-forge
27-11-2011, 16:20
iv got 2 of these and awaiting a 3rd, iv added magnets i mine so i can swap out loadouts when i want. sofar iv got duel CCW with bolter, and 2 multi melta
. and a spare CCW.

AlphariusOmegon20
27-11-2011, 23:48
Nixon, I'd honestly wait for the Butcher cannon to come out..... :angel:

Gangremond
27-11-2011, 23:54
Normally has Twin linked heavy bolter and a dreadnought cc weapon with inbuilt storm bolter.

May replace twin-linked heavy bolter with:
multi melta
twin-linked heavy flamer
twin-linked autocannon
Plasma cannon
Khere pattern Assault cannon
Twin-linked Lascannon
Heavy conversion beamer
DCCW with storm bolter
Chainfist with storm bolter

In built storm bolter may be replaced with:
heavy flamer
Plasma blaster (18inch s7 ap2, assault 2, gets hot)
Graviton gun (special rules)

And may take a carapace-mounted cyclone missile launcher.

How does "gets hot" work with vehicles?

Thraximus
28-11-2011, 00:44
Nixon, I'd honestly wait for the Butcher cannon to come out..... :angel:

I'd like to know more.

How does "gets hot" work with vehicles?

It doesn't, vehicles ignore the 'Gets hot!" rule. I'm not sure why that is listed, other than its 'supposed to be' because its a plasma weapon.

Maxis Lithium
28-11-2011, 01:09
Sometimes I see stuff in the most recent books and I wonder if this is an indicator of things to come. I doubt it will happen, but the possibility of Gets Hot effecting vehicles in 6th it not something my IG want to think about.

Thraximus
28-11-2011, 19:30
Sometimes I see stuff in the most recent books and I wonder if this is an indicator of things to come. I doubt it will happen, but the possibility of Gets Hot effecting vehicles in 6th it not something my IG want to think about.

I don't know how that would work... vehicle takes a glancing it? Or on a 4+ the weapon explodes and is treated as Weapon Destroyed for that gun only? I dunno, seems kinda weird.

Carnage
28-11-2011, 20:32
I don't know how that would work... vehicle takes a glancing it? Or on a 4+ the weapon explodes and is treated as Weapon Destroyed for that gun only? I dunno, seems kinda weird.

The other possibility is that the plasma blaster will be an option for infantry at some point, or that it was added just for the sake of completeness, as other wise people would be going "Why is that the only imperial plasma gun without overheat!".

The plasma-blaster was actually a weapon Captain Invictius of the first company of Ultramarines used to use in 2nd (and I think third) edition. Was basically 2 plasma-guns fired as one, he wore terminator armor.

Thraximus
29-11-2011, 02:50
The plasma-blaster was actually a weapon Captain Invictius of the first company of Ultramarines used to use in 2nd (and I think third) edition. Was basically 2 plasma-guns fired as one, he wore terminator armor.

Yeah I would totally love to have some of those for my Terminators. Even if just one...

MajorWesJanson
29-11-2011, 12:20
Yeah I would totally love to have some of those for my Terminators. Even if just one...

It also shows up in the FFG stuff. It's basically a combi-plasma gun, only two plasma guns paired together. They fire a more powerful bolt, but share ammo so have less shots, and have a greater chance of overheating.

TheConverter15
29-11-2011, 18:24
Hopefully, I'm going to get a normal Contemptor with Dual CCW (claw) with Graviton guns and a carapace Missile Launcher :evilgrin:

DuskRaider
29-11-2011, 19:14
Well here's the first question: do you play Chaos or Loyalist? The options for Chaos are a bit different. I actually won one recently on eBay, comes with a Kheres (Butcher) Cannon. Also have a Conversion Beamer already, and I plan on picking up some other options. Chaos can't take Mortis Pattern, so if you go that route, figure you'll need at least one CC arm. They also have a Chainfist option, but no model for it yet; same with the Heavy Flamer.

Edit: Follow this link, it's from Mannimarco.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5938822&postcount=33