PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about shooting.

Loptin
27-11-2011, 12:01
Ok, I am new to fantasy and I couldn't find this in the rulebook,
If I have a wood elf noble, who has 3 attacks, when he shoots, does he shoot three arrows, or just one.

Also, how does the bow of loren work. If I have 3 attacks, is it like 3*3 attacks?

narrativium
27-11-2011, 12:04
Just one, and just three.

The Bow of Loren is the only way to use your Attacks characteristic in the shooting phase. A missile weapon fires one shot unless the weapon specifies otherwise; your Attacks characteristic normally only determines the number of dice you roll to hit with in close combat.

Loptin
27-11-2011, 12:06
Oh I see, thanks a lot, wasn't sure, also, if I give him an additional hand weapon, would that make him shoot four shots with the bow of loren, or still three.

brother_maynard
27-11-2011, 13:00
Oh I see, thanks a lot, wasn't sure, also, if I give him an additional hand weapon, would that make him shoot four shots with the bow of loren, or still three.

still three (your noble doesn't shoot 3 shots with the bow and then hurl his sword at the enemy :p)

Mr_Rose
27-11-2011, 13:04
Three. The 'extra hand weapon' bonus is part of its special close combat weapon profile and as such only works when the model is actually in close combat.