PDA

View Full Version : skaven plague banner

brother_maynard
27-11-2011, 13:01
does the banner affect plague priests in the unit as well, or does it specifically say only plague monks are affected?

theunwantedbeing
27-11-2011, 13:06
It says plague monks, so the plague priest won't be affected.
The FAQ doesn't say anything on the matter.

T10
27-11-2011, 18:50
The FAQ does not address the issue.

However, it seems obvious to me that the Plague Priest is a "type of" Plague Monk model.

brother_maynard
27-11-2011, 22:11
The FAQ does not address the issue.

However, it seems obvious to me that the Plague Priest is a "type of" Plague Monk model.

thats more or less what my concerns are. i know the item specifically mentions plague monks, i was also wondering if there was some kind of over-arching stipulation along the lines of "any rule that applies to plague monks applies to any pestilens model," or something of the sort.

TsukeFox
27-11-2011, 22:20
Not yet-! Skaven can only be hopeful for the next FAQ- after all the erta clarified that multiple Deathrunners can have weeping blades & smoke bombs- but they did not say multiple bombardiers can have deathglobes.

T10
28-11-2011, 06:36
To be honest, I don't expect the next Skaven army book to address such issues. If anything there will likely be different issues. :)

TsukeFox
28-11-2011, 08:33
Maybe like lore attributes & powered up spells-?
It is absurd that the lowly fireball has more damage output than warplighting....

PeG
01-12-2011, 09:54
I dont think that skaven are in a good position to complain about how little damage their spells can cause.......

TsukeFox
01-12-2011, 13:53
I dont think that skaven are in a good position to complain about how little damage their spells can cause.......

There is always room for complaint sir-
I demand a 3d6 warplighting-!!! Bwhwhahaa

Tanglewood
01-12-2011, 17:36
It's quite clear that it doesn't apply to priest so I won't be expecting an errata. If it was meant to be used by plague priest, then it'll say to affect "Plague Disciples" as priest, monks, censers all have that official tag

I can't find anywhere where it's implied that priests are monks

Feefait
01-12-2011, 18:48
I'd say go for it. I'd allow it and expect it to be used that way. I'd also like to say I'm glad i don't play any of you who would fight that a Priest and a Monk are so different.

Cambion Daystar
02-12-2011, 08:05
It happens more then once that characters are not included from such unit-wide effects.
(See empire priests giving hatred for example).