PDA

View Full Version : The 1st I just bought a Dark Eldar megaforce "what do I need?" thread?

kasrkinsquad
28-11-2011, 02:46
I put down a deposit on both the High Elf and Dark Eldar sets today. I am currently an Eldar player and was drawn to my dark kin because of their play style and excellent model range. I don't like the fluff since I am not normally a fan of evil but I am hopeful that will change when I get the codex.

Their playstyle of fast open topped skimmers running around with deadly but fragile assault troops interest me greatly.

With that said what should I get next?

Dubba07
28-11-2011, 02:59
An archon and some incubi would be a healthy start.

Sent from my Casio CA 53-W Calculator Watch via tapatalk

Wobbey
28-11-2011, 03:08
I agree with Dubba, especially as the megaforce leans towards a kabalite setup. Essentially though you've got a lot of options in the DE dex to play differently. You could choose from a kabalite force, wych cult, or haemonculi coven. An archon and incubi would be one of the best additions to add some CC punch and wargear versatility to pretty much play out of the megaforce box.

Warpcrafter
28-11-2011, 03:44
I would recommend using one of your HQ slots for 3 Haemonculi. There's nothing like starting the game with FNP.

Sent from my five year old PC with a fan that sounds like a Kenworth diesel trying to get going on a cold morning.:p

Max1mum
28-11-2011, 05:47
just take your time to think about it.

You will have the codex soon and a mountain of plastic to build and work on before you have it all build and -have- to get more for a bigger army ;-) By that time you might have come to a armylist choice to go with it :P

I'm thinking that you will come to the conclusion that you have no HQ, so you need one of those. And you also have no Razorwing ;-) But...read the codex, pick what ever you think is best ;P.

Scribe of Khorne
28-11-2011, 06:14
Your safe getting Razorwings, Ravagers, Venoms. You'll want to play around and see which of the troop options you like, but that can take awhile. :p

Hellions are great if you take the Baron.
Warriors to make into Trueborn (ride in Venoms).
The previously mentioned Razorwing/Ravager, you'll probably max out your heavies.

Misfratz
28-11-2011, 07:19
just take your time to think about it.This is pretty good advice, but there are a couple of obvious things to add to the Megaforce set. Others have pointed to the lack of an HQ - though you can convert one from warriors [for an archon] or wyches [for a succubus] if you want to avoid finecast.

The other thing to point out is that you have 15 spaces in the transports in the megaforce box, but 30 infantry looking for a ride, so an extra raider and venom to provide enough transport for all your infantry is an obvious addition.

RTB01
28-11-2011, 07:47
With this dex you can pick what you like the look of and it'd probably work very well for you. The Megaforce is a great starting point. Main thing is it's full of fast attack models so you'd be wanting to pick up a HQ, then heavy support/ elites/ more troops

Denny
28-11-2011, 13:26
This is pretty good advice, but there are a couple of obvious things to add to the Megaforce set. Others have pointed to the lack of an HQ - though you can convert one from warriors [for an archon] or wyches [for a succubus] if you want to avoid finecast.

The other thing to point out is that you have 15 spaces in the transports in the megaforce box, but 30 infantry looking for a ride, so an extra raider and venom to provide enough transport for all your infantry is an obvious addition.

Agreed. I'd focus on assembling and painting for a while, and probably convert an HQ from the existing units.

If you *really* want to buy something else Id go with more transports . . .