PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Khainite 'fun' army

Glenn87
28-11-2011, 09:15
Hi guys, just wanted to make an all-khainite army.

Crone Hellebron (general)

Death Hag: BSB, Standard of Hag Graef (asf), Dance of Doom (5+ ward)
Death hag: Cauldron of Blood
Sorceress: lvl 2 (shadow)
Assassin: 2 hand weapons, rune of Khaine, touch of death
Assassin: rending stars, manbane

30 Witch Elves: FC, Banner of Murder
30 Witch Elves: FC
10 Crossbowmen

30 Executioners: FC

Hydra

Crone goes into one of the Witch Elf units (with the AP banner), and the BSB goes into the Executioners (duh).
I added the lvl 2 because I'm facing alot of Chaos, and even with ASF, my Executioners will be striking at the same time as his Warriors. Just there for Miasma.
One Assassin is a character killer, and the other has high S throwing stars to kill monsters (dragons and stuff).

Added the Crossbowmen, because at first I wanted to make it 1500pts, but I ended up waaaay beyond, and figured my units could hold their own in 1vs1 combats, but I lack support units. They can shoot down my opponents support unit (Wolf Riders, Chaos Warhounds, enemy scouts, ...). It's either them, or a small unit of Shades to hide the 2nd assassin in.

What do you guys think?

Dirty Mac
28-11-2011, 09:45
If the crossbows are your Sorc bunker i think it's a bit risky being a unit of only 10. 3 models lost and it's panic tests. Maybe you could drop 1 assassin, and use those points for more shooting.

ftayl5
29-11-2011, 05:11
I don't think the assassins are all that necessary.

You could another 25 Witch Elves for the same points and they would have a vastly increased effect on the battle.

Otherwise nice list.

Dreadlordpaul
29-11-2011, 08:42
Put that BSB with a cauldron and put the other death hag in a unit. I agree take more witch elves and take more shooting

Ammohog
29-11-2011, 19:09
I am an old time 40k vet just getting into warhammer fantasy, decided on building dark elves and decided to go with a themed "fun" army. My Choice was Calvary my current list:

40 dark riders
40 cold ones
3 chariots
3 reaper bolt throwers

mixture of lords and heros either on dark steeds or cold ones

Been really looking at the viability of cold ones in a hoard maybe making an uber deathstar unit

thesheriff
30-11-2011, 13:24
I am an old time 40k vet just getting into warhammer fantasy, decided on building dark elves and decided to go with a themed "fun" army. My Choice was Calvary my current list:

40 dark riders
40 cold ones
3 chariots
3 reaper bolt throwers

mixture of lords and heros either on dark steeds or cold ones

Been really looking at the viability of cold ones in a hoard maybe making an uber deathstar unit

This might struggle. Dark riders are best with x-bows and as close to 25% core as possible. Bolt throwers are VERY expensive. And, cavalry have a hard enough time breaking hordes as it is;

Ive seen the following variant do well;

Lv.4 on Dark pegasus, ToP (4++), Seal of Ghrond
Noble, pegasus, pendant of kaeleth, full mundane, charmed shield
Malus Darkblade
BSB w. Hydra banner, full mudane on cold one
5 x 5 Dark riders w. X-bows
2 x 5 harpies
17 Cold one Riders w. CMD, Standard of Haeg Graef (asf fwt :D)
2 Hydras

(all pts aprox, take with a pinch of salt. Dont have book to hand)

Basic Lv.4 for dispelling and cheeky mind razor from Lore of Shadow. Malus Keeps the cold ones in line. Hydra banner adds there killing power. Riders shoot stuff/hunt warmachines/re-direct. The cold ones with all the charecters bar the pegasus ones join the MEGA-COLD-ONE unit, and hopefully rape. Deployed 7-7-5, they get 18 knight attacks, both charecters and 14 cold one attacks. All with ASF and re-rolls.

Apologise for the thread steal. Not much to say about the khainite list other that its awsome :evilgrin:

thesheriff