PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Point Tomb Kings Begginer List

intact01
30-11-2011, 02:33
Hello Everyone i am looking for suggestions on the lists or things i can do to make the army better, what i have on the list is the figures i will have in possession very soon, just looking for suggestions to help the list

Just so everyone knows i play with a very relaxed group of friends so im not looking for a "OP" or destructive list just keep it in mind is all ;) we ussualy do about 10-15 points over the list limit to allow slight additions. As for the list i am just looking for if there are slight improvements i can make, and soon we will be going up to 1500-1750 points of Fantasy battles, Suggestions for additions would be nice.

Most of the armies im up against are... Tough.... to say the least, even with my current skaven army.
I will be fighting
-Orcs and Gobbos
-Dwarves
-Chaos Warriors
-Wood Elves
-Ogre Kingdoms

So with out any more stalls, here it is.

Lords and Heroes
-------------

Tomb Prince - 150 Points
-Sword of Strife
-Charmed Shield
-Luckstone

Hierophant Lichepriest - 130 Points
-Level 2
-Neferra's Scrolls of Mighty Incantations

Core
-------

Skeleton Warriors (40) - 270 points
-Full Command
-Spears/shields,Lightarmor

Skeleton Archers (10) - 60 Points

Skeleton Horse Archers (8) - 132 points
-Musician
-Banner

Skeleton Chariots (3) - 205 Points
-Full Command
-Banner of Eternal Flame

Total: 1007 Points

theJ
02-12-2011, 11:38
hm... your heroes are 30pts above the limit, consider dropping a bunch of upgrades. Also consider dipping into your special and rare sections. Nothing wrong with troops, but specials and rares tend to give more punch for their cost.
I'd personally drop the horse archers, as, frankly, they rarely do any actual damage, and with the undead rules, they're not going to be very mobile, either.

Chaos Undecided
02-12-2011, 14:30
Your Lich Priest should come to 155 points with his current gear as well so you need to relook at your expenditure on characters again, the Heirophant really could do with either a ward save or some means of escaping (cloak of dunes for example) rather than a risky one use item.

Agree on dropping the horse archers really as due to lack of speed other than units of 5 as charge redirecters they dont really achieve what fast cavalry are for. if you can find a few extra points after fixing your character selection maybe you could take a casket or maybe a small unit of Ushabti/Stalkers.

Spiney Norman
06-12-2011, 11:30
Hello Everyone i am looking for suggestions on the lists or things i can do to make the army better, what i have on the list is the figures i will have in possession very soon, just looking for suggestions to help the list

Just so everyone knows i play with a very relaxed group of friends so im not looking for a "OP" or destructive list just keep it in mind is all ;) we ussualy do about 10-15 points over the list limit to allow slight additions. As for the list i am just looking for if there are slight improvements i can make, and soon we will be going up to 1500-1750 points of Fantasy battles, Suggestions for additions would be nice.

Most of the armies im up against are... Tough.... to say the least, even with my current skaven army.
I will be fighting
-Orcs and Gobbos
-Dwarves
-Chaos Warriors
-Wood Elves
-Ogre Kingdoms

So with out any more stalls, here it is.

Lords and Heroes
-------------

Tomb Prince - 150 Points
-Sword of Strife
-Charmed Shield
-Luckstone

Hierophant Lichepriest - 130 Points
-Level 2
-Neferra's Scrolls of Mighty Incantations

Core
-------

Skeleton Warriors (40) - 270 points
-Full Command
-Spears/shields,Lightarmor

Skeleton Horse Archers (8) - 132 points
-Musician
-Banner

Skeleton Chariots (3) - 205 Points
-Full Command
-Banner of Eternal Flame

Total: 1007 Points

As others have commented your heroes allowance is over the limit, if I were you I'd swap the Liche priest for a L3 high priest which means you're a bit less squeezed.

I'd also go fairly simple on the prince, a Great weapon and some defensive gear generally does me well, my favourite is armour of silvered steel and dragonbane gem. If you're not so bothered about a good armour save, don't bother about the magic armour, T5 is probably protection enough in a game this size.

I would also put the skeleton archers together in one unit and drop the command upgrades on the chariots. If you're still in need of a few points for something or other you could drop a couple of horse archers, 8 is a bit unwieldy as a unit size.